Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Where Are you Christmas?

Warning!  This is a long wordy post.  If you don't have time to read it, that's fine but you will miss my Christmas message.  I'm taking a break from posting so much for a bit so please indulge me this time.  

Good Morning!  If you have visited my blog at all lately and had your volume on you have heard one of my favorite songs..."Where are you Christmas".   I have it on my play list both in musical and vocal forms.  It is sung by Faith Hill and is just so beautiful!  Have you ever felt this way  at Christmas before?  Lost and unable to find the joy?  I will share a secret with you, I certainly have.  There have been times in my life when the events of a life ever changing with circumstances beyond my control have put quite a damper on all the Christmas joy. 

Thankfully I learned a long time ago what holds real joy in your heart and that truly is LOVE.  It is why Jesus came to this world, "For God so LOVED the world".   It is why he sacrificed and died for us, to save us all!  Because, he LOVED us!

I have such a hard time with those who despise the holidays.  Believe me, there are plenty of people out there who cannot stand Christmas!   I certainly can sympathize with those who are dreading it because they cannot give or celebrate in a way that others are, or are missing those that they love the most.   However when you close yourself off because of your circumstances you close the door on receiving the best gift possible, the gift of LOVE.  No one gets a perfect life but a life filled with LOVE seems perfect to me!  There are so many ways to give and receive LOVE other then gifts, the best gift you can give, is yourself.  

I love everything about the holidays!  It is why I celebrate BIG because I have a true LOVE for Christmas.  This is the time of year when friends and family should gather to show their LOVE for our Lord and Saviour and for each other.  It is why I go to all the trouble to put up the lights, and the trees, and the baking, and homemade gifts and the mad rush of store shopping.  It is why I tolerate the negative attitudes, and chuckle about the family bickering's.  It is all worth it to me!  The one time of year I get to really show others how much I LOVE them.  I cannot think of any better way to honor Jesus then to share my LOVE with those whom he has put in my life.  The day may come I may not always be so blessed to decorate as I do or spend on the gifts I'd like to, or even spend the time with those that I love.  But you can believe I will use every opportunity I can joyfully while I can!  I have learned that LOVE cannot be received if it is not given.   And a heart that is open to receiving LOVE, can also give it in return!

For my blogging friends I hope to give you a little of the gift of my time over the next few days.  I have much so much already done.  I am so grateful for the time to have gotten everything decorated early this year.

My house is all decorated and the trees are twinkling, except for the annoying strands that keep going out.  LOL!

The presents have all been purchased and wrapped in color coordinated paper this year too.  That was a new effort by me this year.   I like it!  Too bad I cannot seem to snap this photo without a yellow tint to show you.  After several shots, I decided it was time to get over it, post it, and move on. 

My beautiful paper whites have sprouted and grew rapidly in time to bloom for Christmas and fill the air with their very unusual pungent odor.  Phew!

The last of my handmade gifts are done and hanging to dry.

All I've left to do now is make some treats.  Yes, those are boxes and bag there.  Hahh-hmm!

Then make some banana bread, eat some tangelos, (thanks MOM!) and take my oldest son shopping. 

 Yes, I said shopping!  His only wish for Christmas was more Chef clothes.  You may remember he lives and goes to culinary school in Charleston and works at a swanky local restaurant, down there.  This year he will not be home for Christmas.   As his career continues to unfold I see a new direction for our family Christmas's fast approaching.  We will adjust and celebrate together when we can.  I see many changes in our future after this year.  He is home now for just a few days and will be back after the new year if not sooner to fully celebrate with us.

I plan to spend the rest of my days getting ready for Christmas, enjoying all the hub bub and hopefully visiting your blogs some when I get some down time and can squeeze it in.  I love seeing all that you are doing and how you are sharing the LOVE of Christmas in your hearts online.  It is such a joy to me and I really appreciate it.

I also want to thank Lynn at "Happier Than a Pig in Mud" for the beautiful gift I received in the mail the other day.  I won one of her beautiful stained glass pieces from her giveaway at her "The Reason for the Season" party.

What a wonderful piece of art!  Thank you, thank you, my blogging buddy! :))


For all of you who read this all the way through,


 God Bless you! 
Have a very Merry Christmas!
Mary

16 comments:

  1. Mary, you have a very Merry Christmas, too. I have enjoyed blogging with you these past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Your attitude is great and your message is right on - we need to be focusing on sharing our LOVE with others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. I have found my holidays changing as my life and those of my children change also. I am adapting and still enjoying and knowing that Love is the reason I celebrate. Thanks for all the lovely photos of your home and your decorations! Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, your blog actually brought tears to my eyes, not a bad thing. I was so blessed with your love and attitude for one special day of the year that most people choose to overlook, simply ignore and choose not to even celebrate this very special day. You have brought life back into my feelings for the true meaning of Christmas. I've had a lot of life changing issues this year, that I just about quit believing in a lot of things. But, your words and spirit have changed the way I believe again and try to stay upbeat no matter what happens in my life. Mary thank you so much for your words. Wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post very much Mary.. I always loved the quote from Scrooge- "I will keep Christmas in my heart all the year long"... If we do that we cant help but spread love everywhere we go..

    Merry Christmas
    Sonny
    It'll be my birthday soon:) the 25th..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post, Mary. Thanks for writing it all. Your home is beautiful too. I am sure the people surrounding you will feel all the love, I can even feel it from here. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post is just so nice -Enjoy the days with your son -isn't it nice when they are older and you realize what wonderful kind people they have become -that is a blessing too. My husband is sitting across the room and he said Oh that is the Polar Express song ! How right he is :-)
    Merry Christmas , Mary -Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Mary to you and your Family. I feel the very same way about Christmas. So many people get depressed, and then there are people who just go over and above...I like to consider myself the happy medium. It has been such a pleasure getting to know you since you started blogging. I see you love it, and put your heart and soul into every post. I just get tickled over that...because if anything, this is for you..for future reference, reflections, and happy memories. I love your wrapping too!:)!!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your post. I agree on all you said! We do Christmas big too and LOVE IT. I had to smile because I thought I was actually on my blog when I clicked over. Merry Christmas and blessings on your holiday family time of fellowship and fun! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did read you whole post!! I do understand how it feels not to have the joy and peace at Christmas. I make it a point now to change that way of thinking because it is what you make it. It makes me sad when I hear people say they aren't even putting a tree up. Too much effort. What???? I told my husband that I so hope I don't get like that. I don't want to get cynical when we get older. I want to find joy in everything. As Randy Carlson (christian counselor on christian radio) says, BE INTENTIONAL! Make a conscience decision to do something positive! So that is what I am trying to do!

    Enough rambling! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. I have enjoyed getting to know you during our blogging and find you to be a special person!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary! I haven't been visiting folks as much this week but just couldn't resist coming by to read this absolutely beautiful post! We had a whole discussion at church about why we do all of the "Hoopla" to celebrate the birth of Christ and I think you answered that question perfectly in this post. Your home is beautiful but your heart shines through even more than those pictures and I treasure meeting other women who love the Lord and celebrate that love by sharing it with those around them. Thank you for being a blessing to me this year and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary, what a beautiful and "real" post spoken from the heart. I can relate to every feeling you have; however, sometimes, I let the "Debbie/Donnie Downers" get the best of me. After reading your post, I'll be determined to turn the other cheek and move on with a smile on my face! Thank you! Now, go enjoy those yummy treats you are about to make. And, thank you so much for your sweet note about my Christmas home! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, what a wonderful post! Your home is so welcoming -- and your words encouraging. Who of us doesn't occasionally need a reminder that love is the key ALWAYS. I'm looking forward to my oldest daughter coming home tomorrow. She's been out of the country for years and hasn't been home to our house at Christmas for a long time. It will be a treat to have her here -- just to love on her! Merry Christmas, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As for me, I loved the words just as much as the pictures. I stand with you in agreement.

    I loved your pictures too. You have made a believer out of me with coordinated gift wrap. I love the look of it under your tree. Next year, when the little gal comes selling gift wrap for her school fund raiser, I'm buying multiples of the same few patterns instead of a mish mash.

    It all looks great... Your words are great...

    And I hope the rest of your Christmas is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary! Wishing you all the best every minute of this special season! So glad the glass got there unharmed, I always worry! Enjoy and have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!