Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tis the Season

Hi Friends! I hope all of you have had a wonderful Christmas!  I certainly have..and I am stuffed and tired!  Whew!  This post will not fill your appetite for anything wonderfully decorative or anything inspirational.

However, if your interested in taking a peek into my world from the last few days your in for a treat.  If not that's okay, because this post is really for me to remember the year it snowed the day after Christmas.  That's right, I said the day after, technically we didn't quite make it Christmas Day here in our neck of the woods.  It was more like right after 1:00am when it started snowing so it doesn't qualify.  But since my family still had Christmas celebrating to do the day after, I still consider it the year it snowed for Christmas!

Here is our den Christmas morning after we dolled out all the gifts between the three of us.  Our oldest son didn't make it home this year so his gifts are still under the tree.

My youngest son with his pile of gifts.

One of our cats, Patch was trying very had to find some presents of her own.

Here's my pile, cause I know you all wanted to see this.  LOL!

Our cats that are normally outdoor cats have been loving all the perks of being inside lately.

Our other cat Misty perched right on the footstool in front of me and stared at the tree for the longest time.  She really did not understand why I hadn't gotten a present for her too.  I felt so bad about that!  After opening all our presents we headed off to my brother and sister in laws to celebrate with my husbands side of the family on Christmas Day.

This is what we woke up to the day after Christmas.

It wasn't much to start with but was notable non the less.







As the day progressed the view outside my windows became more interesting.

It basically continued to snow off and on all day!




The backyard started to get coated with whiteness!




And the front yard even got a bit whiter and brighter too!

Look!  I even spotted a few snow gnomes out playing by the steps.



This beauty of the day was it didn't stick to the streets and the roads were still clear.



That was a good thing because my family was still able to make it for our side of the family's Christmas celebration.

And I got some really pretty things I will show you later.

After all the celebrating, and our guests had left I peeked outside to see an evening wonderland still hanging around.



One of our neighbors across the street has a great bit giant blow up Frosty in their yard.  LOL!



Inside I am toasty and warm and ready for a long winters nap!
Joining Season Sunday for all the fun!
Have a wonderful evening my friends, 
thanks for stopping by!
Merry Christmas!!!
Mary

5 comments:

  1. It was so much fun looking at your snow! My family is in Virginia with over a foot of it but I haven't seen pictures yet.... so thank you. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it just wonderful to have snow? I think we had a little more than you. It was so pretty. Looks like you had a great day too Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like a white Christmas. Thank you for sharing yours with us!

    It's great to have you being a part of Seasonal Sundays. As these days turn from the Christmas Season to the Season of Winter, I hope you'll continue to share with us.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time! Misty is giving the quilt treatment look. I didn't get Skipper anything either but the grands remembered her,lol.
    Enjoy playing in the snow!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great Christmas, Mary. Love the snow pics. Ours melted a little yesterday and today I am sure more will melt once it warms up. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!