Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Holiday Dining Room

It's time for Metamorphosis Monday, so I'm showing you my dining room since it is now all dressed and ready for the holidays.  Feel free to come on in an take a look around.



On this side table I have my collection of Fitz and Floyd displayed.

I purchased these pieces many years ago.  I just love the ribbons on them.

Please help your self to a chocolate bon-bon.  Yum!


Does anyone remember when I got this little Fitz and Floyd box at our church rummage sale for .50cents?  Now you can understand why I was so thrilled don't you?

I went a little overboard and dressed the lamps up too, after I did the chandy.

This year I added greenery to the chandelier. 


I have added ribbons and these balls for years but this is the first time with the greenery.

I'm not sure if I like it, or if it's too much.

Or maybe it needs more contrasting greenery leaves too, but regardless, it's done for now.

My sconces by the mirror got a little greenery too.  I purchased these little wreaths from Crabtree and Evelyn years ago.  I bought several and use them on both my sconces in the dining room and the den.


Here's a sneak peek at another one of my nativity sets.  I'll be showing you more details tomorrow at the Reason for the Season party.


My mother bought me this large Christmas cactus for Thanksgiving.  I need to find a nice pot for this.

Here is my Gold Santa.

And my silver Santa, well he's more like silvery white. 

The china cabinet has undergone a few changes for the season too.

This year my gold star basket moved from the mantle in the den into the dining room.

I was so excited to find it fit in here perfectly.  I just love the weave on this basket box.

I unpacked my old Christmas china to display.

I have had this set since I first got married.  It is just an inexpensive set from Belks called Holiday Ribbon.  When my husband and I got married, I received a call from one of his aunts our first Christmas.  She was calling for my husbands grandmother who wanted to know what our Holiday china pattern was because that is what she wanted to give us for Christmas.  I had no pattern and they insisted I pick something out.  So I did, and this is what I ended up with.  I received quite a bit from his side of the family as well as my mother who also thought it was a great idea and added on quite a bit too.  We have used this every year since.  I'm hoping to upgrade this a bit soon.


It's a very simple pattern of holly, pine cones, pears and ribbon with a gold rim.

Not too bad paired with my newest Lenox.

And finally, here's more new goblets.  These are the Better Homes and Gardens glasses they had at Walmart this Fall.  A few days before Thanksgiving they went on clearance at our store to $1.50 each.  I just could not resist since they are a lighter green and match my Ivy dishes beautifully.  They don't go as well with these dishes but I do have the darker green goblets for these.   I've really got to get some more rearranging done soon.  Maybe after the holidays.

Well, there you have it, as you can see this room has changed quite a bit and beautifully I think.
Thanks for visiting today, it was so nice of you to drop by!
Have a great day!
Mary

16 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty. Everything is just gorgeous. You really did decorate every single area, and so beautifully. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all beautiful. You have such wonderful keepsakes and they are perfect in the dining room. Now the question is....what time will you expect us for dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas china. The colors are bright and it's really different from some of what's out there now with the pears and the pine cones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous Mary. I am just looking around your home and thinking you really worked hard this season, and it shows! Love your collection of Fitz and Floyd, I have one lil snowman plate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, it all looks great. You can't overdo decorating for Christmas I don't think. Over the top is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it all looks so pretty!!! Love the glasses. They had a few things that I saw on clearance but I was hoping they would go cheaper. However, I didn't see those glasses!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love the Fitz and Floyd and your Christmas Dinnerware!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tour of your beautifully decorated dining room. Your colors are gorgeous. I love your chandy all decked out and showing it's finery.. Your Fitz and Floyd made my heart sing.. wow!!!! hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you know I love the color of your dining room , now it really is beautiful with your festive touch . I think the story with your dishes is such a lovely story -I bet they are your childrens favorite dishes too becuase they come out at Christmas and their great-grandmother really wanted you to have Christmas dishes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all is beautiful. Love your decorations. The Fitzs and Floyd is gorgeous. I have some pieces very similar. Love it all. So beautiful. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary your dining room is gorgeous! I love your Fitz and Floyd! I only have a couple of small F&F reindeer ornaments. I braved the after Christmas sales at Dillards many years ago and found them. I'm not sure I have the stamina for after Christmas sales now!LOL

    Your china cabinet and Christmas dishes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it all looks great! Love the balls hanging from the chandelier. I thought about that, but haven't done it. Yours looks great! I tried to comment above, but it would not let me, What a great idea with the music! Several years ago, all of us had the flu types A and B all throughout December and the girls watched "Polar Express" constantly, so I have nice memories of that song and of us being home together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved seeing your F & F! The older stuff is so much prettier than the newer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Mary, everything looks so beautiful and festive, from your dining room, to the snowy village and your gorgeous cloches! I like the greenery on the chandelier, but then for me, you can never overdo on decorating for Christmas. My favorite item is that amazing Fitz and Floyd platter, that has to rank in the top 5 of any I've EVER seen. And the box for 50 cents? Very cool. Looks like you are enjoying the season for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dining room is just beautiful! That Fitz and Floyd is something else. It is so unique and brilliant! I think you have done such a beautiful job decorating this year!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!