Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Front Door Wreath Redo

I don't know about you but I hit a major energy slump yesterday.  I guess it was bound to happen eventually.  I'm up and Adam today though, much to do, so I hope I can recoup because even though I thought I was done decorating I realize I've got a few more things to work on. 

Yesterday I worked on redoing my wreath for the front door.  IDK!  I did finish the project, but I'm thinking it may get another redo LATER!  But for now this is what I came up with.

Here's the old wreath.  As you can see the bow had faded and the sparkly balls and golden Ivy had lost their luster.  So I pulled all of that off and started anew.

And here's the new!  I kept it pretty simple, using the new colors I liked this year.

New sparkly balls!

All items were from the Dollar tree and are plastic.

I only used one spool of ribbon on this bow and am thinking it is kinda wimpy.  But here's my dilemma, I have all burgundy bows on the railings outside and I'm not changing those this year.  I also have a burgundy poinsettia garland over the door.  It's older so I can change that out, but I'm kinda stuck as to what to do at this point?  What would you suggest?  Maybe look for another type of ribbon for the bow?  I still have the sparkly lime green netted ribbon?  Or something different that also has burgundy?
Help!!!


Let me show you one more redo.

Remember this little corner in my kitchen?  The basket is holding hot drink mixes.  Well, I changed it out a bit and moved it.
Here it is now over on the bar, by the other drinks of course!  Duh!

I added a little more variety, a different basket,  and one of my old Christmas mugs filled with candy canes to use as stirring sticks.

Much better!  Hot cocoa anyone?

I am joining Kim's Before and Better Party today.

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to hearing your advice.
Have a great day!
Mary














8 comments:

  1. Your wreath redo is fabulous Mary. I love the colors!
    I have had a couple of those slumps during Christmas decorating this year, for some reason..hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he, Yes I am up and at em too today. I have so much to do and the last thing I should be doing is sitting my fat *** here! But I love your wreath, and you bow is not skimpy at all...everything looks so good. You really went all out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wreath on the door looks great! I would not change the ribbon. Just enough red to pick up the other colors. Love the drink station redo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I love the new look and would just leave it. I think it looks so good. The balls are red and green so I don't know how you would make it go with the burgandy. Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wreath redo!! It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the wreath looks great, Mary! You did a fabulous job and I love your drink station!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new "updated" version of your wreath! Isn't it amazing what a few dollar store ornaments and ribbon can do to transform something bland into something beautiful!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath is fabulous! I wouldn't change a thing.
    Gwenny~

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!