Thursday, December 2, 2010

J is for JOY!!!

Good Morning Miss Jenny!  How are you today?  Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?  I surely did!  It was quite different over at cousin Mary's this year but we had a great time anyway.  Mam?  What do I mean different?  Well, different cause we had a very busy hectic day and a lot less people to celebrate with then usual.  Yes mam, I do realize that does not sound very enjoyable to you.  But, I  ain't,not lying, it was quite an enjoyable day regardless.  We have so much to be thankful for!  Yes mam, I do remember ain't ain't a word.  Haaha!

Why yes, I am feeling quite lively today.  Why?  Cause of the Holidays of course!  What?  Yes mam, I am ternin my homework in, you just hold your horsies ok?  Ooops!  NO Mam, I did not mean to be sassy.   I am getting around to my homework, ya see?  Our letter was J wasn't it?   That's right!  I'm sorry some folks don't get it, or feel it, but the holidays came and reminded me of  "JOY"!!!  That's my J word for Alphabet Thursday Miss Jenny!  JOY!

I know it's hard to believe you can have JOY when so many crappy...yes mam, I meant "unfortunate" (that's a fancy schmancy word) things are going on around you.   But it's true, ya can ya know!  Like my wise old cousin Mary explained to me sometimes you got to just look for it!  So, that's just what I did, I went looking for it and here's what I found.

Look, cousin Mary put out her Christmas books again this year...have you ever read these?

I know you've read these!   She ain't got no little ones around right now, but cousin Mary ain't about to let go of these, cause they bring her lot's of joy!

Then I really got on a roll, and I found JOY on a plate in the kitchen.

I also found JOY on this pillow in her dining room.


I really got excited when I first spotted the J on this here plate because...

Look at that!  It says... JOY!!!

Then cousin Mary asked what I was doing taking pictures all over her house and squealing like a Lil piggy.  After I told her about my homework, she said, that's easy, let me show you some "joy".  She said, let's start over here at the Christmas tree in the dining room.

Hey!  I didn't see that one cousin Mary!  I see it, it says JOY alright!

Then she started squealing like a piggy and said here's another one!

And look here's another one!  I was looking at these real hard cause I wasn't seeing no JOY, do you?  Then she said, lets go look at the Christmas tree in the den.

She said this is one of her very favorite old ornaments from when she was a child.  She said that when she was a little girl she went to a church that made these and they were called Chrismons.  I told cousin Mary it's really pretty and all, but I still don't see no JOY.  She sighed heavily and said, follow me back to the dining room then.

Cousin Mary took my camera and said, "Here, don't you eva forget this girl, here's your JOY!"  Then she focused and snapped that camera right on the baby Jesus.  She said, you been too busy looking for joy that you almost missed the obvious, didn't you?  OH!  I get it!  She had me there!

Then cousin Mary gave me a big old hug and started humming a little tune that sounded something like this.  Well, she tried too anyway.  LOL!   

I sure am thankful for my family and friends and all those things around me that remind me of the reason for the season.  I hope all of you find JOY this season too!

"Little Missy"





21 comments:

  1. Perfect. I love all of your pics. They are just wonderful. Yes, there certainly is Joy here. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh with these Ms. Jenny posts!! I really love the Christmas plates. They look great there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Undoubtedly one of the most charming Christmas posts ever. And boy, does it make me JOYful!

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this one! It literally gave me JOY to read it.

    I giggled and then smiled all the way through.
    I knew in my heart what the final JOY would be, and you didn't disappoint.

    This was fun. I always enJOY the alphabet Thursdays from Miss Jenny's blog, but I can't ever think of a thing to post until the letter is past. LOL

    BTW, is there a trick to making your pictures so wonderfully large? I always love the pictures here, but when I XL mine, half of them get chopped out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww that was fun and nicely done with the camera and story and all . I loved looking at all the pictures of Joy ! Yes Jesus brings us Joy !

    That fish and chirho is awesome .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks soo cute! I love the joy plates.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the plates that spell joy. The books look cute. Does that one book still smell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for bringing so much JOY to Alphabe-Thursday :)
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to thank you also for all of your precious thoughts and prayers for my family. You will never know how much it means to me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious post! And yes, there is JOY all over this time of year! I love all of your sweet snaps! Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a hoot...

    Very original, as always..

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are totally Miss Jenny's pet, brown noser for sure! You do a great job with these alphabet parties Mary. I enjoy reading them they make me chuckle out loud. JOY to the WORLD for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is a delight - and I don't know what type of camera you use, but your images are stunning - color, sharpness, detail...just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those books are soooo familiar! What wonderful memories they hold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an absolutely beautiful post. Even if it isn't spelled out, JOY, it is all around us in the people we love, the good deeds that are done ( often quietly and unobtrusively ), the blessings bestowed upon us. You have truly reminded us about the meaning of this season and the spirit we should spread.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the books and what a cute post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved seeing this, Mary!

    The lantern, on the lodge room table, is at JCP. It's Linden Street, on sale for 24.99 down from 50.00. The dimensions are listed there, but you get a good idea of the size from the photo at the Back Porch. Search Lantern and the page will pop up. I tried copying a link here, but it didn't work.

    Thanks for dropping by the Back Porch!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. we can all use some joy ... it is one of the best words out there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the plates. And I love your whole post. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mary, I've been back to your blog three times this morning, taking in all your recent posts.

    I fell in love with these "JOY" plates...I have a wrought iron rack with 3 spaces just perfect for them.
    I went googling & found some on ebay & I just WON!!! They will be here in time for my big party on the 16th. I'm SOOOOO glad you showed them, as I've never been to a Home Interiors party & would never have known about them otherwise.
    Thanks!!! I'll give you full credit in an upcoming post. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You. Are. So. Cool.

    This post made me smile, start to finish.

    What a wonderful link to Alphabe-Thursday! The ornaments, the family, the cute writing, and the joy, joy, joy!

    Thank you.

    You are really amazing.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!