Saturday, December 4, 2010

More Holiday Thrifts

I am a bad, bad woman sometimes!  I just cannot help it!  Honestly!  Yesterday, while out Christmas shopping I just had to stop by the thrift store.  I promised myself not buy anything that was not related to Christmas.  I figured this was a good way to keep myself in check.  Like, how much really good Christmas stuff could there be in a thrift store.  See, I have sooo many Christmas things already that I have become very choosy about what I buy.  Who knew I would find what I think is more really good stuff!


I left everything sitting on the dining room table in the box until I could work up the courage to confess to my Mr. this morning.  He argued Why? for a bit then sweetly gave up after realizing I hadn't spent much at all and after inspecting my purchases.  I guessed they passed because they get to stay.  Yay!

Yes ladies, I got some more dishes! 

Now tell me the truth, wouldn't you have done a double take when you saw this set.

Then when you saw they were only $4.50 for the set of four dinner and four salads in perfect condition, you would have snatched them up too, right?

I know several of you would have brought them home too.  This will be our family's everyday Holiday dishes.  I cannot wait to serve the next meal on them, after a good hand washing and dishwasher run too.  LOL!  I am so funny that way.  All my thrift dishes get the double treatment before using.  But come on, don't cha just love em!

When I first walked into the thrift store this was the first thing I spied.

At .50 cents each these little poinsettia bowls had to come home.  They are a much prettier red then I was able to photograph.


This adorable Studio 33 spoon rest was a steal at .50 cents also.  I just love the colors on this!  Be sure and check out more thrifty deals at Linda's  Junkin Finds Friday.  Sorry I'm so late to the party! 
 
Just so you know, I did get more real shopping done yesterday too, I'm not done but getting real close.  How about you?  Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?

I have been so busy last week getting all my Christmas decor finished up.  I'm almost done, need to finish up a bit more this weekend.  I can't wait to show you some wonderful changes around here!  It's definitely coming together well.  Finally!  Be sure and visit again to see our home for the holidays.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great weekend Everyone!
Mary

13 comments:

  1. Oh I'm LOVIN' your new dishes! They will be perfect all season, the log cabin is so cute-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find!!! Oh yes, I would have snatched them up too. I really love those little poinsettia bowls too. I hope you do a tablescape with them. You could call it cozy cabin Christmas.

    In my head, tables need a little name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I would have snatched them up too. Now though I notice my mind first asks...where are they going to go, you have no more room, more stuff, I feel cluttered. But those dishes sure are cute, and you will have a very cute table scape soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds and those dishes are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! and yes, I would have snatched them up in a skinny minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary tell your Mr that I would have for sure brought those dishes home. In fact I would have bought everything you bought! Love the poinsettia bowls!! Oh and the dishes....they can be used for just 'winter' also...see double duty! Thanks for linking up with Junkin Finds Friday!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those babies would have definitely come home with me! What a deal and so cute!!! You could use those through the winter months too! I am almost done with my decorating. I want to finish the dining room, but was so glad to finally finish my mantle!! You will have to check it out!

    I have been done with Christmas shopping for a while now except for the hubby. I have no idea what to get him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finds! I definitely couldn't pass those up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness-yes I would ahve brought those dishes home too:-) I also went shopping and stopped at two thrift stores --Oh and I still left a few bags in the car so my Mr won't say anything !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, my goodness! You did do good! Those little dishes are darling and I would have snatched them up too!! The little dishes are sweet! I'm not finished with my shopping or decorating.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm moving to where you live!! I can never find great things like that. Maybe I'm just not looking the right way. :) No, I would NOT have passed those dishes up either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those dishes are delicious. I need to go thrifting with you. What fun finds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Actually, I DID bring those dishes home. A local thrift store was having a half-price Christmas grab box sale. Who can resist a grab box? Certainly not me. So I got a set of these dishes and several other things for, I think, four dollars. Several of the cups were broken but the rest of the set was in good shape. What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!