Monday, December 6, 2010

The indoor wreaths are finished!

I made it!  I didn't think I would, but I literally did!  Whew!  I'm pretty excited to be able to join the craft party today over at Centsational Girl for one of the Holiday Home linky parties.  Please be sure and visit this link for more wonderful and inspiring holiday decor projects.  I know you will not be disappointed because my blogging friends have all been very busy!
Busy is right!  I have been very busy myself and almost gave up on this project.  But after all the decorating was done and I had a little time to catch up on a few of your fabulous posts I was overcome with guilt.  Was I really going to let those items I had bought to do this project just sit there?  I was thinking maybe I will get it done later or maybe even not this year, it's not really that important. 

But with a deadline looming on the craft party and all my wonderful inspiring friends posting their beautiful projects I just couldn't let all the fun pass me by.  So I decided to get busy again.  Do you remember those four willow wreaths I bought at the dollar store?  No???... Well let me show you!

This is the way they looked when I purchased them for $1.00 each.


I decided they needed just a bit of Mocha glaze, not hard just tedious.

Especially when you have four of them that need glaze, front and back.

Sorry about the colorful carpet background but I got tired and moved down to the den to finish this project.  Here you can see the beginnings of my tulle bow.

I added a few more additional pieces and I was almost done.

Then a few more pieces, like some Rosemary and a candy cane and it was finished.

Then I hung them from the curtain rods inside.

Here's a close up of the bow.  I used the tulle ribbon again that I purchased this year from Hobby Lobby.  A few strips of fabric I have that mimics burlap, and another smaller striped red white and green ribbon.

On the top I added a candy cane that hangs in the middle from the tulle.

I just love the simplicity of this and of course the Rosemary smells divine.  I decided to add that after seeing Vanessa's beautiful Rosemary creations over at Southern in my Heart.

Finally, because I cannot photograph all four windows at once in this room you will just have to believe me when I say they are all done.  Whew again!  Here's the three that I could photograph together.  What do you think? 

 I really wanted a little something extra on these windows inside this year.   I am just so thrilled to have gotten this project completed after all.  I know it doesn't look like much on camera but in person, they really make quite a pretty picture.

Thanks for joining me and a very special thanks to all of you who posted your beautiful crafty Christmas projects early and inspired me to finish it off!  I really appreciate the nudge! 
Have a great day!
Mary

14 comments:

  1. Mary, these are precious - and such a great price! Hoping to join the party too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great project, I have all of those things on hand and never thought of doing that! Well they say imitation is the best form of flattery so next year I think I'll be flattery you alot! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those windows look wonderful with those cute wreaths hung with the ribbon. I thought about hanging a couple wreaths on the inside windows of my dining room this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out adorable!! I have two of those wreaths that I wasn't sure what to do with but I have to stop for Christmas!!! UGH! I know you have to be tired with all the decorating and now crafting!! I wanted to put my wreaths out on my windows but not sure if I will or not! I'm tired, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary.
    That looks so good!!! You crafty, creative gal you! What a great idea, I love your tree too! The room just sparkles and glows!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the wreaths. I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them and they look so pretty on your windows, really finished the room off! Congrats on finishing them:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by!! My tree was a killer by myself this year. To make it easier, after each level of branches, I put the lights on that level. It made the lights have more depth, plus there is 1100 of them on there!! I also watched HGTV and saw them putting the ribbon cascading down so I thought I would try that instead of going around. I really like it.

    I love all of your Christmas decor items! Your tree is so pretty but my favorite is everything in your kitchen!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wreaths are just as cute as can be. They add so much more to your Christmas room. :)
    Proud of you that you "bit the bullet" and....
    got 'er done!!
    Now, if that will just happen to me, I sure will be glad. Got a few things on my plate to get done yet.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great repeated around the room! Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look beautiful and festive, Mary. You did a great job under pressure! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Mary! They really do add some vibrance and fun to the windows. You have my wheels turning. I am pooped though...I have one wreath in the kitchen window and I think I am done for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those....the candy cane touch is so cute. Tks for sharing a great/inexpensive idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been waiting to see what you were going to do with those! As always, you did not disappoint. These are precious ... and where you've chosen to display them is perfect! I just might have to borrow this. Thanks for sharing! And, thanks so much for your note about me playing in someone else's house. You're too sweet! I know your Lenox ornaments are gorgeous ... sorry there have been some casualties though. Have a fabulous day, Becca

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!