Thursday, December 9, 2010

Everyday Holiday Table

Yes my dear blogging friends, you were correct when you said, you saw a table scape in my future with my newest dishes.  So, without holding out any longer, I am sharing one of our very simple settings from one of our everyday dinners.   I have decided these dishes will be used daily during the holidays and probably well into January and February for the winter months.  I still can't believe the deal I got on these but am loving having them around.  We've already eaten off of them several times. 

This setting is quite appropriate to use, because we have had unusually record lows lately.  Would you believe just the other morning we had 16 degrees?  Seriously!  It has been some very cold days for this South Carolina native!  We may be over this now as we are expecting temps to get back to a high of 60 degrees.  Burrr!

It may be cold outside, but inside it's all cozy and warm.

And it's festive!

Here's my everyday setting.


My newest holiday dishes from the thrift store.  What a deal!

This is all the silverware we use for a regular family meal.

I like how my blue iridescence goblets coordinate with the blue in these dishes.  They even reflect just like snow too!  Cute huh?

On the lazy susan, we have all the essentials and a few decorative pieces too.


A sleigh full of paper napkins are typical for everyday dinners at our house.

My newest salt and pepper shakers for the holidays were given to me by my BFF.


Well, there you are friends, my newest everyday holiday dishes right before they got covered with warm heaping mounds of spaghetti and salad.  Yum!

Dishes; Folk Craft Cabins in the Snow by Tienshan - Thrift store
Stainless Flatware; Cambridge - Tuesday Morning
Christmas tree cookie jar - Christopher Radko - Target
Tumbling Santa's - Fitz & Floyd - Belks
Cardinal Salt and Pepper - Kirklands


Please be sure and visit Tablescape Thursday for more holiday settings and gorgeous table scapes.
Thanks for visiting today!
Happy Holidays!
Mary

21 comments:

  1. Cute table and just perfect for an everyday meal. I love to make them special as well. Enjoy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Your new dishes look wonderful and I love how you've set the table with all the sweet little Chrismasy things. Your kitchen looks wonderful and I really like the berries on your chandy!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    You have a lovely home! I love your everyday table and you're right...it looks cozy, warm & festive in your kitchen! Thanks for sharing and Happy Tablesacape Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you would want to use it for the rest of the season and on! So very pretty Mary. I am just loving your home for the holidays! YUM Spaghetti, being Italian, I could eat it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dinnerware and also the cardinal S&P shakers! All very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say Merry Christmas and everything is just beautiful and festive!! You have been a very busy blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Blue glasses! Great deal on the plates! I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job. Love that the dishes came from the local thrift shop! Going green and saving green. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your dishes and your tablescape is just beautifully decorated for the season. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with all your cutie figurines. Sta's in different posing is to die for.

    Happy TS & hope you enjoy your dinner and upcoming more dinners at your beautiful house.

    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mary! I just love your tablescape and wish I could come and pull up a stool in your kitchen and have a cup of coffee. Maybe with an extra little shot of something in it? :-) Your entire space is so warm and welcoming!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary! I found you through BNOTP Tablescape linky! :) I have those same dishes that I bring out for the month of December! I've had them a long time too. Your table looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary, trying to play catch up tonight. Been gone all day. I love your kitchen and breakfast room all decked out in Christmas cheer. Your dishes look great and what a cute centerpiece. I love your monogrammed flatware!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved those plates whenn you found them, and I'm lovin' them on the table. I have a lazy susan, but I took it off for Christmas. You have me wanting to totally rethink my kitchen table before the girls get home from college.

    This is great. Aren't you glad you ventured into the thrift store that day?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun dishes! How great that you found such a deal on them. I love how festive everything looks and enjoyed your Peanuts Christmas music!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks simply beautiful Mary! Love the flatware and chandy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are the cutest dishes for wintertime...the stemware is perfect with them. Love your centerpiece tree.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your flatware!!! Reminds me of what I want to ask Santa for this Christmas;-) Great lighting fixture treatment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cozy and bright setting for a cold wintery day. You've created such a fun tablescape for the holidays. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!