Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Procrastinating Pansies

I spent quite a bit of time outdoors Sunday and some on Monday too!  I was working on my back deck area. I got alot done, but still need to add in a few more beauties.  I was hoping to show you some progress  photo's but then the rains came and slowed down me down.


So today for Outdoor Wednesday,  I am sharing these little beauties! They are the last to leave the party!  Much like the energizer bunny they just keep on going and going! 



I planted these pansies last year sometime... I think?   I'm guessing close to Halloween because of their coloring but I'm really not sure.  I just don't remember when I put these in!

You see, I had this window box on our fence in the backyard and only recently moved it onto the deck.  When I moved it up here they weren't around, but soon showed up rather quickly. 

 They seem to love it here and are blooming daily.  I call them "Johnny Jump Ups" and they certainly are living up to their name! 

Sadly, I really am waiting for them to exit before starting a new breed!  However, I am now questioning how long does one wait?  They truly are hanging in there!  And now I know if someone says don't be a pansy, what they really mean is, stop waiting around or stop procrastinating!  But, I will wait, and enjoy the beauty that they are!   Hope you did too!  Thanks for joining me! Come back next week for the total reveal of the deck.

Please join the following link for more posts like mine @ http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ for Outdoor Wednesday!


Be sure and leave me a comment if you stopped by, I love hearing form you! 

13 comments:

  1. Love pansies, and these are so pretty. They really do seem to be happy there. I have some petunias that are still around from last year too. I love it when they just keep on going. Can't wait to see all your hard work. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty. I love that color combination!
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pansies are still doing great! I have one basket left and they are still happy...so I leave them til they go....I need to get outside again, I am behind on everything these dayS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pansies! I actually have geraniums and impatiens that I haven't killed yet! Woo hooo! That purple and yellow are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing a very nice job. I love your pansies. The colors are so pretty and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always stop to smell the roses.. or pansies, whatever the case may be! If they are happy and still looking pretty, why not keep enjoying them? <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine are still going strong, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Johnny Jump Ups are darling! I think they will keep blooming until late summer? Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment about our gourmet dinner. Our daughter Ashley just graduated from culinary school in San Francisco. Basically everyone in my family cooks except me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't blame you for not wanting to replace your pansies. They look fabulous! I wouldn't touch em!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi.. I love pansies, funny what you said about the name.. I always think being a pansy is being a wimp... and my pansies are tough.. they keep going and going, even through the winter.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy...I love that they are such tough little flowers. I say let them be happy...there is always time for some thing new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did the same as you this weekend! I still have a ways to go! Pansies are great and very tough! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pansies! They are so pretty!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!