Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Outdoor Dining








I am so excited to be joining Tablescape Thursday today @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.
But first, I have a confession to make..I have been holding out on you!   I've been waiting for just the right time to break out my outdoor table setting!  I wanted to wait until everything greened up a bit and began to bloom.  So today after cleaning up outside and putting it all together it was finally time!



I have purchased several outdoor dish's that I have wanted to show you for some time.  I say several because I bought a set of four dinner plates and four salad plates that coordinated.  Then later I found 4 more salad plates that I loved in another pattern and could use with the dinner plates as well.  So today you will see the original dinner plates paired  with the new pattern of salad plates.  I think you will see why I fell in love with the newest ones  immediately. 


We will be dining outdoors this evening!





 Moving in a little closer now, I have to brag on my centerpiece.  Aren't they beautiful?   This is what I was waiting for..my beautiful Hydrangeas.  They make such a lovely setting!




I used my two smaller crystal hurricane candle holders for the flower vases.




Just gorgeous this time of year!  I love these flowers so much!  Don't you?


I love the black iron cutwork "look" of these votive candle holders from the Dollar Tree.


My newest yard sale bargain stemware was an unexpected surprise addition. I just had to work them in with this setting and I think they compliment the Hydrangeas beautifully!


The black and white check napkins were another beach outlet purchase. The monogrammed flatware actually was a great find a Tuesday Morning. And now for the plates...


The plastic dinner plates are from Walmart.  They are part of the Better Homes and Gardens summer decor. I just fell in love with them when they came out.  I purchased four of these and four of the salad plates.  My salad plates are the same pattern but lime green and white only.  Cute, cute, cute!
But as cute as these are, I don't think come close to the second set of salad plates I purchased.  I fell in love with these birds the minute I saw them at Tuesday Morning.   The plates are melamine and a bit more durable and absolutely fantastic!  The first plate was in the shade, but the rest show how beautiful they are.







I brought out these pillows I have upstairs on an old wicker set.  I love plaid and made these myself some years ago.  I was thrilled when I remembered they would match this setting so well.




I hope you enjoyed this beautiful outdoor table scape as much as I do!  I sure had fun putting this one together today.  Now, I just need to go get that dinner started and I'm ready!

Leave me a comment if you please, I sure love hearing from you!

26 comments:

  1. Very pretty and sooooo summery! Great job. I especially love those birdie plates!!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Mary....I felt like I was there...those Hydrangeas look magnificent...and of course I have those dishes from Walmart too:) Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inviting setting! I LOVE hydrangeas, and yours are gorgeous. What fun plates -- and great that the second set of bird plates went with the first set so well! Love that tablecloth, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Pretty! I love those little bird plates!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the bird plates-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty outdoor setting. I love to eat out when the weather allows it. It gets too hot on our deck. Need shade. Love your different plate patterns together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place to eat! Lovely deck! Your plates look awesome together and I love the birds. Great flatware too. Pretty tablecloth and your hydrangeas - simply stunning!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh fun! I love your new plates and those bird plates are wonderful (I invited feathered friends to my table this week as well. Your hydrangeas are gorgeous -- thanks for inviting us to your table this week~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You set a lovely outdoor table! Everything went together so lovely and you have a great place to dine during the summer. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hydrangeas are stunning, they are my favorite flower! Your table is lovely, the salad plates go so nicely with the dinner plates. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!! I love love love this table setting. Every stinkin detail is perfect!! The bird plates are awesome and I have those same dollar tree candle holders. Very good deal, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful use of color and patterns. Your bird plates are wonderful. AndI love the dollar store glasses. Good eye!
    The hydrangeas are so pretty with your tablecloth.
    And your setting is just perfect for the table.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great table. Yes, summer is here (well almost), but outdoor dining has begun. Enjoy.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun dishes! I will have to check out walmart for sure. I love how your hydrangeas pop against your tablecloth. Spectacular outdoor dining!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. What time is dinner???? Those hydrangeas are gorgeous and the blue umbrella just makes me smile. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Cute dishes! I know I admired that Walmart design in the bedding they had but didn't know they had those plates too! Great way of decorating around those hard-to-create-a-centerpiece-umbrella-poles with the two vases of hydrangeas! Looks lovely!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I just love blue hydrangeas!!! The table is just gorgeous and I am definitely ready to dine!!! Thank you for your wonderful comments about my camper! You know exactly how much work it is and I appreciate the compliments!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. simply beautiful! love,love,love the salad plates! the hydrangeas were soooo worth waiting for!! thank you,
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those bird plates are fantastic! The outdoor setting is so inviting! Happy Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhhh...luv your beautiful tablescape! Your hydrangeous are huge and soooo pretty...cute little DT candle holder and dishes are so awesome!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely sunny day and what a beautiful setting! You are a lucky lady to have such a special spot for your tablescape. And your table is so cheerful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You were smart to wait and use these the lovely dishes in your garden. I enjoyed the view as you got closer and closer to the table. The garden and flowers are so beautiful and it will be great to have fun eating there. The sound effects are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply elegant tablescape! Nothing says bring on the summer like blue hydrangeas. Alas, I just planted one here at my new home in the Blue Ridge Mountains, and they are turning purple! I will have to do something about the soil.

    Enjoyed yours so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for such kind comments! I really appreciate it! So glad you enjoyed this setting too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh those hydrangeas are so lovely! You have a beautiful place to dine!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!