Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bench Buddy


Just a few changes this past week.  They are small but go along way in getting towards where I wanna be!   It all started when I saw these bench's in the Ballard's Catalog!  Nice Right???


 I love this bench, but I am not about to pay that amount of money for a bench when I knew I would come across something eventually that fit the bill.   These little bench's have a variety of uses and that's the appeal to me!   Worse comes to worse and I would beg the Mr. to make one and I'd ONLY have to listen to him complain about it the whole time.  But, that didn't happen because I found this one!


 I purchased this little bench some time ago from a consignment store for about $18.00.  Again, the Mr. thought it was absurd, but I loved this bench and had been looking for one for some time.  As I've showed you in a previous post it really comes in handy for keeping my laptop and favorite book handy next to my best chair.



 Anyway, while I have loved this bench, I did not love the stained finish.  I wanted a black bench!  Finally after a year or two of procrastinating here is my transformed little bench!  How do you like me now???


I think it's pretty sweet now!  It even already had a built in distressed look!  LOL!
That's it for today folks! One down, a zillion to go!  How about you? 
 Have you ever gotten on on the bench kick too?  They really are great little things to have around and are so easily available in all shapes and sizes to fit any space.

I am linking up for Met Monday today, please check out more wonderful transformations here:

                                     http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/


Leave me a note if you stop by, love to hear from ya!

9 comments:

  1. I spy a can of Krylon!~ Love it you did a fantastic job, the black was a perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! We think alike! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hooness! what a little can of spray paint can do! What a sweet little bench and it looks great!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very sweet! And perfect right there! I see you figured out the topper! Good job! Is it what you wanted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned out great! I love what a can of spray paint can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bench painted black!! It looks great. I am always looking for little benches....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the darker tones on the painted bench!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job. Perfect for next to the sofa. Jane F

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bench! it came out nice. I just did a post on what I found at goodwill the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!