Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bathroom Beauty Snapper Fun

I'm joining the Bathroom Beauty Snapper Party today!  Please check out more beautiful bloggers here @
                                                       http://notesongs.blogspot.com/

I have to confess, I really thought this party was all about the bathroom!  I was so excited, and was thinking I finally had an excuse to show off my cute little half bath.  Well, when I found out that was not the case, I quickly felt somewhat deflated.   I was thinking, Oh No, not me!  Me and the camera do not mix lately!

    However, with quite a bit of determination to show off my sweet half bath and to tell the story, I decided I could do this.  So, on a day when I felt like my hair was behaving and my spirits were up, I jumped in and started snapping away!




Hmm, maybe I should move the camera some to see my face, I'm feeling so silly now!


Yeah!  Now on to my sweet half bath.  It is located off the hall behind a pocket door and is rather small so photos were a challenge.   When we bought the house it was painted a bright sunny yellow, but immediately I saw a light yellowy green and a cottage garden bathroom.  And this is how it evolved.  I purchased this cabinet before we even moved in.




 I came across this in TJ Maxx and knew right away I wanted this to go over the commode.  It is a very pale yellow green color with broken rose tiles on the doors. Has two shelves and is perfect for holding essentials.

I added a little bling, and a rose garden inspired vignette up top!


The mirror was actually from our friends rental house that sold while we were living there. Yes,  I am that good at staging.  LOL! Anyone need to sell a house?


 When I went back to retrieve one of our cats who ducked out of the initial move, I saw the new owner was trashing the mirror.  When I inquired about it she simply said, "You want it..take it!  It is soooo NOT my style!"  Enough said to me, I picked it right up and generously thanked her.  I knew with the brassy finish of my faucet it would be a perfect match.




The brass towel bar and toilet paper holder are from our old house.  It's brass I know, but I could not part with them for the move.  I searched high and low for these during the building of our old house and ordered them through a bath dealer.

  It was a splurge for the set but they went beautifully with the lights in the half bath of our old house.  They were crystal and brass sconces, another splurge, that unfortunately I had to leave behind.  Boo Hoo!  Anyway, I kept these and they fit beautifully in here too. 



The wall paper was a fun search too, it is village wallpaper I ordered from Sherwin Williams.  I actually had this image in my head of what I wanted and searched book upon book until I found it.  I love, love, love it!



And now for a few more accessory shots and the best whole bath photos I can shoot! 







I hope you enjoyed the tour of my half bath and had a good laugh with my diva photos too! That was silly girl fun!!!

Thanks for joining me, please leave me note if you made it all the way through.  It's my anniversary of 22 years today! So I'm off to celebrate tonight and then again on Sunday for Mothers Day!  Woohoo! I am so blessed! Have a great weekend!

25 comments:

  1. Cute photos of you and your powder room is great. Love the plaid wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, Happy Anniversary!!!! Next, you are just adorable. I know what you mean, I tried taking pictures and it is so hard to do. I got a case of the giggles. Your bathroom is just stunning. I love the color and the fixtures and accessories are just gorgeous. Great wall chest. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bathroom beauty photos are cute!

    I love your half bath. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hsappy Anniversary my friend! I love this little bath it is adorable! Your fixtures and hardware are beautiful, very different! Your pretty cute yourself! Have a happy Mothers day and enjoy all the celebrating...our 15 year is coming up on he 20th of May WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! I really love your bathroom! You timed that just right to be able to grab hold of your beautiful bathroom mirror that the lady was in the midst of throwing out.. I know that we all don't have the same taste when it comes to our decorating... but I surely wouldn't have been putting such a gorgeous mirror out in the trash! I'd have checked to see if someone would have wanted it first! But.... that's just what I would have done if I was that lady..

    I really like your plaid wall paper and all of your beautiful decor in your bathroom! Soo very pretty!!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute photos! Your bathroom is very pretty! I don't blame you for keeping the brass accessories!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary and Happy Anniversary! Oh, you're just as cute as can be. You did a wonderful job snapping for me and I thank you. Now look at your precious little powder room! It's darling! I enjoyed the tour and your snaps!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary Mary! You take great pics and your bathroom is adorable! I love what you did with it.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Your bathroom is perfect! Loved all the inspiration that rubbed off on me .... it does feel funny snapping your own photo in your own bathroom ~ doesn't it? I could only manage one ..... Happy Mother's Day and Happy Anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great "you" photos. Adorable bath, love the cabinet and mirror and the brass accessories. I'm one year behind you on the anniversary! Happy Anniversary to you! Enjoyed my visit, thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also meant to add Happy Anniversary and Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sweet little bath!! It is so cozy with all your touches. I love the monogrammed towels and the picture of Charleston!!! That's my town! We love to take family walks down the Battery and let Jemma play in the park! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your bathroom are BOTH just as cute as can be! I'm glad you shared. Love your plaid and your decor. Just adorable.

    Happy Diva Day...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We just celebrated our 22nd Anniversary too : )
    LOVE your half bath, and your not half bad either Mary LOL
    Hope your having fun with your hubby. We went to Quebec, border to us, I'm in Ontario, Canada, and had French cuisine. YUMMY.
    Love Claudie
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the comments yall! I should correct this, my anniversary is Friday, May 7th. The day this party is supposed to be, not tonight! I really appreciate all the well wish's and am looking forward to a wonderful night out w/the Mr. :))
    This has a been a fun party so far and I am lovin all your creative posts and beautiful self portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy anniversary and Mother's Day GIRLIE!! YES, it is hard to take a pic in the mirror....I was surprised! Your bathroom is so cute--I had to laugh because one of my bathrooms has a pocket door too!! Love the shelf thingy above the commode!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pictures! Your bathroom is lovely and you are a gorgeous Bathroom Diva!

    Best wishes for your Anniversary too!

    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary, Mary. Your bathroom is decorated so nicely. You have much to celebrate now that you're also a Diva!

    Isn't it fun being a BSSer?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute Bathroom - Pretty Lady!! I love the brass fixtures - it looks like elegant jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute bathroom, adorable young woman!!! You make a perfect Diva!
    Hugs,
    Mona :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a cute bathroom! You are a doll too. :) Love your music today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary and your bathroom is quite cozy. Just perfect for reading.... to perfect... would not want to leave.

    Happy snappin'

    ReplyDelete
  23. How in the world could anyone throw that mirror out? What were they thinking? Good for you though. I love the brass items you got. Very vintage and romantic looking. Well, as romantic as a bathroom can be :)

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you a happy anniversary. You and your bathroom are both beautiful. I love your decor. Good job. a perfect Diva's bathroom.
    Happy Diva Day.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your darling bathroom! So adorable and much nicer than the very utilitarian one I must use as a hallway to the laundry and back yard as well. Sigh but oh well, I have various cute things planned for the next bathroom update and will post when that time comes! You are really a cutey so keep on blogging!~

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!