Monday, May 24, 2010

A Little Lamp Pizazz!


On Saturday I showed you this lamp that I got at another terrific yard sale.  The lamp and shade were a steal for $3.00 total.  It is a very heavy iron lamp and quite pretty as it was.  However, I wanted to spruce it up a bit.  And spruce it up a bit I did!  Now instead of a gold lamp I have a bronze lamp.


I'm not 100% sold on this yet, but it's growing on me. I may redo this with a black glaze but we'll see. I was trying to use what I had on hand.   I simply added a little dark chocolate acrylic paint to my Burnt Sienna glaze by Valspar.


And this is my lamps new home.  I had already moved the lamp I had in here to another location.  I did bring in a different one but that one has now gone back somewhere else too.  I love trying some of my lamps out in different locations, changing things up a bit.


It is sitting on top of my dining room sideboard hutch. This piece of furniture was another consignment store purchase a few years ago.  It was the same color wood as is on the top but I painted it black to give it a more current look but left the top as is since it was unmarred and very pretty!


It has one long drawer along the top with a section that has built in dividers.  The front has 3 paneled doors on the bottom but only the two on the ends open and there are two shelves inside all the way across.  I love storing some of my extra serve ware in this.  It was also a bargain price too!


Let's get back to the new lamp, here it is again..


Looks pretty good all lit up doesn't it!

If your a follower I bet you recognize some of these items from other displays.  The floral tin plate I featured on my foyer table has now moved to the dining room.  It was competing too much with the plates on the wall in there.  I have a whole new vignette in my foyer now too, I'll get to that in a minute.
The lemons and the hurricane vase and glass candy were all featured in my Cinco de Mayo table, only a little differently!  I just love the colors so I had to bring them in here!
For spring I brought out this little Fitz and Floyd vase and added faux gardenias and berries.  I purchased this many years back at TJ Maxx, it didn't come with the chip on the bottom that was my doings.

And as promised here is the new foyer vignette.  I kept the electric candle but added this ivy urn for a little greenery to play off the green trim on the plates around the mirror.

Then I added this glass trivet I had on the wall in the kitchen, and my newest piece recently purchased from Tuesday Morning.  Don't you just love these sweet little birds on this beautiful candy dish that looks like a basket.  I certainly do!
Quite a bit of shifting around going on in my house lately, how about yours?

I'm linking up with the following parties today, be sure and visit them for more wonderful blogs!

                               http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ for Met Monday
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
http://www.domestically-speaking.com/ for Power of Paint Party Wednesday

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love the lamp. It is just gorgeous and your buffet vignette is stunning. Everything is so beautifully put together and so chic. Love it. Thanks so much for joining the party. This is fantastic. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous, I think it is the perfect color!~ So much fun to make these finds our own special treasures to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, isn't that snazzy!! It looks great and I love your foyer vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lamp is a nice find, and love the new color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fantastic job with the lamp...I love it in bronze, I think it looks a lot better with that type of shade! Talented girl!! I love all of your vignettes of treasures and the sideboard is to die for. You and I should go thrifting together!! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new bronzed lamp and all your pretty tweeking around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on that $3 lamp...thanks for showing her off at NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lamp looks marvelous! what a great deal you got and you've put together a very pretty tabletop.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the lamp and that colour is great. I wouldn't change it! Your sideboard vignette is gorgeous too.

    Best wishes for a great week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting Applejack Lane last week. I've been a little busy updating a bathroom and didn't have an opportunity to get back with you.. I love your great finds the lamp and chest. I have spied several things I like in your pics. You have a great table top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo!! I really like how she came out! Your accessories are so pretty. I struggle with accessorizing table tops!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I found you from Debbiedoos and I had to come over and see your lovely home. I have one suggestion for you - move your Followers widget up to the top of your blog. I had a hard time finding it. I want to make sure I don't miss any of your future posts and others might be wanting to follow you too. You have a delightful blog and a lovely home!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful lamp! and beautiful buffet! You have transformed them fabulously....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that new lamp and your vignette.. well done, indeed~!

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found such a lamp this past week for $1.00 and your transformation just gave me my idea for it's change... thank you!
    Very ncie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That lamp fits perfectly there... what a deal at $3 too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!