Saturday, May 1, 2010

Need Technical Blogging Advice

So today I switched to a new template.  I am using Minima Stretch but am having a very difficult time getting my collage pic to (fit to size) in the header.  It is either too small if I choose shrink to fit and too large if I don't shrink to fit.


I am using Picasa and cannot figure out how to shrink original photo to appropriate size, any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I would like for my collage photo to fit in my header parameters.  If anyone else out there has switched to this template and knows how to make your photos fit this header size, please let me know how.  I'm hoping to stay w/this template as I really love larger photos!  Please help.

Thanks for your help!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could help, but I have no idea how to do half the stuff! Good luck and I will look back to see if I can figure it out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried and it did not work for me either on the stretch, my template is part of the new blogger choices and it just automatically did it, you may try to change the size in Picasa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Blogger choices??? Where is this?? I have tried several times choosing a different size on Picasa and it is not working. The only thing I can find that comes close to telling me what to do is too complicated. It has to do w/reseting the HTML and I don't want to go there. What templates are you using? This question is for both of you if your still out there,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had received an email from blogger telling me about new templates. I had totally forgotten about it until Debbie mentioned it about making my pictures bigger. I was able to change them out. I have gone back through all my old emails and I must have deleted it. I have no idea how I did it or even how to change it at this point! I do know it was through Blogger and not an outside thing. I was able to slide the sidebar over to make more room for pictures. I looked online too, but didn't come up with anything. I know Kim uses the Minima also. I'll keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Kathryn! Just you mentioning you got an email about this helped alot. I went under "HELP" on the dashboard and then clicked on "Blogger Buzz" and found the info about new designer template. Not sure if this is the same thing you are using or not but I kinda like it..so I'm set for now. Was also able to adjust the size of my posting area and sidebar layouts w/this. It's great! Still not exactly sure what's going on w/the header but w/those birds on this template I'm good for now! Really appreciate your help! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!