Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bar Stools Revamped

Awhile back I posted pictures or our kitchen Island redo.  We added bead board and really updated the look, see that post here.  Like most redo's one thing ALWAYS leads to another.  I couldn't help but notice how dated my bar stools  looked in contrast to the new updated Island.
While I would love to go out and purchase new modern bar stools to fit our space, it's just not a priority in my budget right now!  You see,  I am limited to bar stool choices due to the space behind these stools.   What you cannot see is that there is a wall behind the stools that prohibits using larger and more comfortable style stools that would take up to much space to walk behind them comfortably.    So,  I did the next best thing!


 I updated the look with a little help from a can!  A light  sanding, some painters tape, newspaper and some Krylon and my bar stools are looking much better!


 I am loving how much contrast they have against the island now.  It's fantastic!


I left the tops of the stools as they were before, unpainted but with a stained finish on the top.

It's  a simple fix and look but really works much better in this space!  For now, anyways!

Linking up with Susan today @

for Met Monday!  Check out more amazing transformations at the link above.


Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you were here, love hearing from you!

6 comments:

  1. Black was the perfect choice. They look much better contrasting with the white beadboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome....really they look like new. Another thing I see gals do is paint the numbers on top 1 and 2...I have even seen them make cute little pads for the round chairs....I love them as is but if you want to add another project to the list heheeheheh!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks Debbie! Like I need another project! If I ever get to a point of having more time I would love to sew some cute cushions for the tops, I've already thought about that one. And thanks for the reassurance on the color black Kim, now, I am seriously thinking about painting all the rest of the chairs in the kitchen black too! Whew! It never ends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how great they look. I love them. They are perfect with your black counters. Your kitchen is gorgeous and this looks fantastic. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I adore this project. What a wonderful metamorphosis.

    Please stop by and see my project. It only took 23 years to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look fabulous!! What a difference it makes. I love them black and it just flows with the space so much better. Great job! All these girls have me spray painting things too! Isn't it fun?!?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!