Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Name that bush... Please!

 Every spring my side yard is awash in white blooms!  I thought this shrub was a Weigela!  Now I am not so sure.  I was researching this after another blogger posted pictures of her Beauty Bush, it was absolutely beautiful!  Although hers is pink,  it reminded me of my shrubs!   Please check out Decorating Tennis Girls post here; http://decoratingtennisgirl.blogspot.com/2010/05/pink-saturday.html




After researching these shrubs online I had a hard time finding any Weigelas with blooms like mine.
I saw white, pink and red varieties, but all the flowers I have found thus far do not resemble what I have.  Here's a closer look.








Please feel free to leave me a comment if you recognize this bush.  It is another gift from the previous owner.  I know she told me the names but I am at a complete loss.




 Too bad these blooms don't last all summer long, they are just so pretty!  Don't you think so?




I am joining Susan today @ http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com for Outdoor Wednesday!  Please click on the link above for more beautiful outdoor visions!

Thanks for stopping by!  Please be sure and leave me a comment if you do.  Love to hear from you!

10 comments:

  1. Sure is beautiful, but I have no clue lol!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgous! At fist glance it looked like a Dogwood bush... but the close up with the double blooms, now I'm not positive.

    Have a wonderful week!
    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for the sweet mention about my bush. Your bush is beautiful. At first I thought it a Mock Orange, but then I saw the blooms, so I don't think so. The blooms are different than my "beauty bush", for sure.
    Sorry I can't help.
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, but don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bushes. I love anything that has blooms or color. I have a similiar bush with pink flowers. Sorry I can not help with the id.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for stopping by the Tiki Hut, it led me to your fabulous blog. I love all your seashell decorating and that rug is wonderful. I'm going to following you now also, seems we both love the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may be wrong but it looks like a "Buckley's Quill" to me. The flowers are usually fragrant and bloom in late spring. Hope this helps! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Eileen@My Evergreen Place that it looks like Buckley's Quill. It is very pretty.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea what it is...but I am no good at names to begin with!! Not even my own flowers!! I hope you find out, the blooms are gorgeous.

    I scrolled down and saw the 'sailing' sign you found at TJ Maxx. Yay for you. This is the time of year they start getting all the nautical stuff out. Keep going!! ;-D

    Thanks so much for coming by!!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there!

    I was just stopping by because I read your comment at The Shabby Chic Cottage, and I really appreciated what you said. I think it's wonderful that you display party buttons on your blog and that you provide links at the bottom of your posts. That seems to me to be very kind to your hostesses; I'm sure they appreciate it!

    Just wanted to say hello!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!