Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An Evening Stroll Outdoors


 

An evening stroll around the yard shows many things in bloom!  I also wanted to sneak in a few of my favorite outdoor corners.  I am linking up with the following parties today;

http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ for Outdoor Wednesday and to...
http://fadedcharmcottage.blogspot.com/ for White Wednesday (for the first time!)


  Hope you enjoy the tour...





Along the stairs to the back deck the gardenias are in full bloom!


Is there any sweeter smell?


I love this little corner by the deck with Ivy and Herbs and few  other florals.



My Oak leaf Hydrangea is always a sight to behold!



Another corner of the deck holds one of my ferns (Kimberly Queen) so pretty with the Oak leaf backdrop.


Along the side of our house offering more privacy to the screen porch the Loquat tree is towering!


And blooming heavily this year, ripe with fruit! Can you eat these things?  I dunno know!


Continuing along the side of the house, the Hydrangea's are finally blooming!


And so blue this year too!


This is probably the closest to true color I could capture.


But I did manage to capture someone else...This is "Patch" she is one of our twins!


Moving towards the front of the house now, the Rosemary bush that is ever expanding!


And the other twin, our sweet " Misty ".


Then joined by her sister in a rare moment...


Of sisterly love!


Ending our walk in the very front of the house, you must see my newly planted gardenias!


They are just beginning to bloom..


And are ripe with buds...Yay!!!


I can hardly wait to sit on the steps or on the front porch and soak in the smell of summer!

Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!
Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Well your hydrangeas and gardenias have me drooling....I love gardenias...carried them on my wedding day..oh the smell is heaven!~ Thanks Mary for your kind words...it always makes me smile to see how much fun you are having out here in blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MAry,

    Your gardenias are huge! And so many blossoms - they must smell so good when you pass by. Thank for taking us along on a garden tour!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard is gorgeous!!!
    Happy WW!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gardens are lovely, love the gardenias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty, and those kittys. So beautiful. I miss my cat, but now I have the two dogs, soooo not sure they would accept a kitty.
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden photos are great and I love the hydrangea, it´s so big!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers! I love gardenia. That rosemary is crazy. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yard is gorgeous.I love the very blue hydrangea I have one in my yard but it is not ready to bloom yet.I live in Illinois do you think gardenias would do ok here I would love to try and grow some.Thanks so much for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!