Friday, October 15, 2010

More Thriftie's

Yesterday while out searching for my new glass nut jar, see previous post here, I couldn't help but swing by one our new thrift stores.  Yes, I was a busy gal yesterday.  I can hit quite a few stores in one afternoon.  LOL!


This new store donates a good bit of it's proceeds to help children with cancer.  I love that!  They also are very large and priced well.  While they are mostly clothes right now, they do have a nice area set up for home goods as well.  I am joining Debbiedoes Garage Salen party to share my latest finds from yesterdays adventure.

Here's the whole stash!  Not a bad haul for $14.98

Let's start with the Christmas tree.  I love Christmas and decorating for Christmas too.  I have two tree and one mini tree that I decorate.  The mini tree has rotated all over the house.  I have been wanting one that is a smaller tabletop tree to go in the upstairs foyer but not as small as my mini tree.  This one was the perfect size.

It is quite old as you can tell from the box but actually looks brand new.  I don't think it was used very often.  I am so excited about this!  I have wanted one for awhile now but I have not been able to bring myself to pay for what this size of tree would cost brand new.  They certainly are not $14.97 anymore.  That's one old price tag for this size and I know I will not find a better bargain then the $4.00 I actually paid!  Woohoo!

For $1.50 I got this cork board that is in great shape.  It's quite boring now but will look right nice in my craft room by my desk after I get finished with it!  This is going to make a nice before and after project!

This was another one of those exciting finds that is missing parts.  It has the pottery barn stamp on the felt bottom.  It is very heavy iron too.  Can someone please tell me what this originally was.  I am thinking either a potted plant holder or condiment holder.  If you know of a link to show me the original inserts I would love to see it.  I am sure I will decide how I want to use it best soon though.  It was only $2.00.

Then this cute little set got me fussed at.  Urggh!  I just couldn't help myself though.  It was only $6.50 for the whole thing.  I know I will use those bowls for serving pieces throughout the year and the cute little desert plates were the winning ticket.  It certainly wasn't the price that was so objectionable it was the additional dishes and storage space they will require.   I had to promise to now start pulling things out of my cabinets that I no longer use.  I am sensing a Garage sale coming up in my near future, or maybe I should just have a few giveaways!


Seriously, would you have passed these up too.  They are a porcelain teal blue grey (these pics are so bad) with brown and cream.
The pattern is Spirit by American Atelier.

There are three fantastic square bowls, I can really see using these as serving pieces, like condiments.

And two larger round bowls.  I love how oddly shaped these are.  They will make great dip bowls.


I have four salad or dessert plates if you will.

And this one dinner plate, we are just going to call it a cake plate or platter!



Ooops!  I almost forgot!  I also got one more lovely basket to add to my collection!  One can never, ever, ever, have enough baskets!  It's going to get some pretty additons soon too!

Thanks for joining me today, I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Our weather is sure to be beautiful, I hope all of you enjoy the same!
Mary


21 comments:

  1. G'day Mary ~
    What a coup! I love your 3 hold stand but have no idea what PB would put in it ... lots of fun you'll have with it tho.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl!!!! Good thing you decided to hit that new store on your outing. Love the dishes. And it all went to a good cause - even better!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I am just going to admit it now.....I am seriously jealous! The dishes...the tree....the PB item.....OK but most of all the PRICES you paid..man you scored!!~ I was just excited over my 8.00 total purchase at GW today...but I only bought two things...I got rooked! Thanks for joining me, it was an awesome day for you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really did good. Love all of your treasures. Great shopping. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those new teal dishes.. ~! I got NUFFIN:( sad face. the was a covered cakeplate and right before I was about to snap that treasure up the lady in front of me grabbed it. dagnabit...
    anyway - you did GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great finds at really good prices! I know what you mean about the dishes. Such a good deal and so pretty you had to get them. Then, you realize you have to store them! I think that PB thingy was a candle holder? Maybe? Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the PB item! I am thinking it maybe held those small terracotta planter pots. And those dishes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never have too many Christmas trees. I am just saying! How could you pass up the bowls. They are unique and cheap! Perfect combo! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, great finds Mary!
    Just love the dishes and no I would not have passed them up!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I love those blue dishes! I really love the square bowls!!!They would be great for a party!
    I definitely would not have been able to pass those up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really scored!Great price on the tree and ...no I would not have passed those cute dishes up.(She says as she wonders where she is going to put the new dishes she bought this week too,lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, lots of great goodies...and you can always use another Christmas tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Girl, you found tons of good stuff on your shopping day. You can't beat those prices either.
    What is the name of the new store that you love shopping at?
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds. When I first saw the PB thing I thought it was a towel holder that sits on the counter, but those normally have the circle things hanging downward. It is cute whatever it was originally intended for though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds - and you can always sell what you don't want to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary. First time here and I love your thrift finds. No idea what the iron stand is unless condiments or maybe you could put little herb pots in it.
    A girl can never have too many Christmas trees...great find and price.
    You really hit the jackpot with those dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness, what a ton of treasures you found! Lucky you.

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to tell you this morning when I read your comment, I was on my phone at a soccer game...I was giddy with joy when you mentioned DAWN...girl you have NO idea how obsessed with that groovy little thing I was. She as sooooo cool, so pretty, and I loved her clothes. Do you know if I lost a shoe or something I would FREAK out...I had lots of her. THanks for the flashback, I have not thought about her in awhile. We must be the same exact age.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yepper, you are six months older than I...I will be 45 in April....gosh just saying that is weird...and YES that is the doll I had too...I must have confused her...or I had both:) Ahhh...thanks for the fondest flashback a girl can ask for!!~ Enjoy the rest of our beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. those dishes are just gorgeous! what fun things you can do with the pottery barn holder too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!