Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How to Catch a Witch!

Usually, I do not like to combine linky parties but this post was so much fun to create that I could not resist.  I am joining Tablescape Thursday today to show my setting.  However I will also be linking with Debbiedo's Before and After Party also.  Please pardon the fact that I do not actually have any of the before photos but after seeing what I will be sharing with you, I am sure you will be able to imagine.  Last but not least, I am also linking with Alphabet Thursday as well.

So without further delay, I'd like to welcome you to the Witch's table!  That pesky old witch has been hanging around here for weeks now.   I thought if I set a table for her, surely I would be able to attract and catch her. 


So, I went about setting the table in a most unusual fashion.


It wasn't long before a cat showed up and tried out this seat at the table.


Then she quickly relocated to this chair by the hat and broom.

Hmm???  What gives?  She seems to be quite comfortable here.



I bet it's the raven she is after, silly cat.

Do you think she'll notice upon closer inspection that's no real bird.

Oh wait, I bet I know what is attracting her.



It must be the menu that is of some interest.

Yes, that's it!  She's waiting for me to serve the meal.

On these creepy skeleton plates...
 
..with beautiful sterling silver pitchforks.  Heehee!

I am sure she will also love the taste of some fresh blood from these crystal goblets.

I made both of these displays using old wine bottles I had.  I used to collect wine because our former home had a built in bar.  After the move my wine had been stored upright in a garage and did not taste quite so well.  I've never thrown them out but have finally found something to do with these old bottles.  These are a few of my before and after projects.  I am sure you can imagine what they may have looked like with their own labels.

For this bottle I only removed the labels and added this stick on label that I got from the Dollar tree.  It is sold in a package of 8 with 4 different styles.  What a bargain!

This bottle was emptied to make room for the candelabra and the labels removed also.
I added this label after printing it off from The Graphics Fairy.  She has the best graphics and you really should visit her blog if you are not familiar with her.



A blood splattered bandage holds my red napkins.

A books of spells certainly should attract any serious witch!


I searched high and low for a graphic for this one and could not find one already made so I made my own.  I used one of my favorite fonts combined with this free graphic I got off the Internet.  I burned the edges and attached it to this golden black tissue paper that I used to make a book cover. 

 I forgot to take a "before" picture of the book without the cover.
But since, I thought the book I used was rather funny and appropriate for this transformation I've decided to show you the inside title page.

Yes, there has to be some magic involved to be able to cook good food and look like this.
Pretty funny huh?  OK, so I have an odd since of humour this time of year!



I hope you enjoyed this tablescape on how to catch a witch.  What?  Did you say, you didn't see any witches?

Well I would beg to differ, she may not be a black cat, but I think there is something mysterious about this one.  Because one minute she was there, then....

...Poof!  Just like that, she "Dissappeared!  I think we have seen our witch!
Hee-hehe-hee!

Thanks for visiting with me today!  I hope you enjoyed it!
Mary

54 comments:

  1. Now that was entertaining to say the least my friend!!~ I loved the story as the cat was telling it...really cute. I did not see those labels at my dollar tree....I may have to go back, love them. Loved it all...and what a great combo of parties girl..you done them all so well. Thanks for joining MWAH!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Mary. It really made me smile. You have such a great imagination and your table looks perfect for a Halloween celebration!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so cute and clever, Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it!!! So cute, no seriously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I do not celebrate Halloween I thought your post was brilliant I really enjoyed the pictures and the cat is gorgeous.
    Feel free to pop over to my place

    http://edenhouse7.blogspot.com/2010/10/alphabet-thursday-d-is-for-daughters.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You really have fun with Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's o.k. I love your sense of humor. I love the creativity you put in this. Great sign and love the drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Witches Table! Love the silver-plated pitchfork & blood splattered napkin ring~ Very clever D post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely think we saw your witch! Our own witch has kept us up all night for the last two, meowing right in our face, wanting this, wanting that -- we've begun referring to her as our little, er, um, "witch".

    Wonderful table setting, great D post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yipee! Another gorgeous party! What time did you say you wanted us?? I can bring the "brew"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well now, that was some Bitchn'Cookin' with Putrid Puddin' and Caldron Cakes...all to wash down with Bad Blood and Poison! Soooo Goulhishly Great Tablescape and you worked in that Letter D so well with the Disappearin' Cat..I mean witch. I'm inspired to have some IceScream...like right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the combination of red with the black. Those wine labels are so clever. I really like your skull plates, too. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, that is brilliant! I love it and how you write all about it! You are a clever girl, my friend! That table is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool!

    Great way to get in the mood for Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think the cat will let me sit for ice scream.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tablescape! Love it- and your cat is too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun witch table and such a cute cat -- I guess the cat is magical -- disappearing. I love your table and your potions bottles. The skelaton plates are so cute and sterling too! I have that same sign -- you might see it on a table. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun table! Love your wine bottle labels, and your bloody napkin rings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I think you combined so many cool things here to pull together an amazing post. Thanks for sharing. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Certainly see you enjoy this season. Very creative post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mary. I just found your blog at Between Naps on the porch. This is all out great Halloween decorating. It's just perfectly cute! I love the book of spells. I'm happy you shared it all with us. Just right for these days of Vampire fever. Thanks for sharing Brenda's giveaway too. I just entered.

    Have a good evening. Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very creative! And I love your cat. Sort of looks like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post and great table! I love the book; that's too funny! The skeleton plates are so cute. I love how you made a candleabra with a wine bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you have some very creative ideas! The one that stands out most to me is the gauze for a napkin ring! That is brilliant! It's all so cute and so is the cat! And I love your kitchen too. But again, one thing stands out and it's the cabinet with all that Franciscan Ivy!! Oh my that makes me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a great tablescape...I love all the details...the skeleton plates are just so cute. All the labels are fabulous. You really put some thought into this and it turned out amazing! Come link up to Centerpiece Wed. on my blog. It is under my tablescape post today.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved the photo story! A great "D" letter story. I have to say that those plates are my very favorite! Thanks for sharing-

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am thinking that was a black Halloween cat in costume and he was attracted to the party itself. That is a before and after itself. Loved everything, the black and white and all the details and then add the fun drinks and the blood red color, it just pops.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very witchy indeed! I love your collection and how you arranged it on your table!

    RaineyGhoul!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a very entertaining post... and what a FANTASTIC CREATIVE table setting. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  30. aDorable!!! So festive and fun...creative and well pulled together. Lovvvvved the menu!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'd like to join you at your witch's table-I'll come dressed in my pink witchery finest! Great tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now this is a perfect Halloween table...boooo

    ReplyDelete
  33. So creative! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A perfect mix of whimsy and sophistication....that's what I see coming from your creative tablescape. So well done! Thank you for sharing your wonderful design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the table decor! And your writing is so cute and funny! I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a cute post! :D

    XOXO LOLA:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love those labels! Maybe that kitty was checking things out for her witch boss! Don't all witches have cats? This must have been so much fun to set up! I enjoyed seeing it. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love it! I'm glad you tripled dipped. My boys would love your table. And the book at the end is great! Heve you tried the recipes? Do they work?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Now that is to cute. You need to invite a gal pal over for bloody Marys or strawberry margaritas and enjoy the setting.
    Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a fun table, skeleton plates and all!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Ohhh I so love this table setting -great pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. That menu is a hoot!!! I also like the skull plates! Wonderful props!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Debbie Comalander10/14/10, 1:28 PM

    Girl, you are soooo amusing and clever!!! Great job...I love your creative side.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a fun table. I hope you served a equally fun dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your table is so cute! I love your wine bottles and the spell book.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love your table! It's fantastic...the colour scheme is terrific! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a cool table setting! I love those skeleton plates =D

    ReplyDelete
  48. That was fun read completely...what an entertaining piece...you surely knew how to keep me hooked :) lovely

    ReplyDelete
  49. Now, I've found your D-post! Fun!
    Best wishes,
    Anna
    Anna's D-word Alphabe-Thurs

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a totally delightful stop for Alphabe-Thursday. Your ideas are so clever...so many neat things that we can 'copy'.

    Thank you for sharing your talents and creative energy with us. You are always so inspiring.

    A+

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow! What a great post! And an even cuter cat...:) You definately have a knack for setting a table...next party I am throwing, I am looking you up!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Love your scary witch tea table...but do not get the "D" connection. Were you part of the Tea party under the full moon blog party?(I didn't see your blog if you were, sorry) This would have fit right in.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!