Monday, October 18, 2010

Cork Board Transformation

It's Metamorphosis Monday and I have a small transformation to share with you!  Please be sure and stop by the previous link for more wonderful changes all over.


Last week I shared my latest thrift store finds with you here.  Amongst all the goodies was this ordinary plain bulletin board that I purchased for my craft and sewing room.




First I gave it two coats or ordinary white craft paint.


Then I gave it one coat of Mocha glaze from Valspar to bring out the character of the wood.

Then I chose some fabric from my scrap box.   Because my cork board was so well mounted into the frame I decided not to remove it to staple the fabric on the cork board.  Instead, I used a slim edge scraper to wedge the fabric under the frame securely.  It was tight enough to do this with just enough space to get the fabric under it securely with careful maneuvering.


Then I adjusted the wires on the back and hung it on the wall beside my desk.

And here is my finished cork board all ready for notes, photos, etc.


This was such a simple and adorable change that only cost me $1.50 for the board from the thrift store.
I just love it! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you are having a wonderful start to a great week!
Mary

19 comments:

  1. This turned out great! La

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! That looks so great! Boy, your craft room is really taking shape and I love the fabric you used. I have a particular fondness for bird prints! Great job!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS cute, Mary, and sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute indeed...and serves a function!!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really cute miss Mary!!! We had a blast for sure at Penny's! Kim is a hoot! We would all have so much fun together!!! We need to get together for sure!!!! The museum looks like a lot of fun!!! I've never been there before!

    Take care!
    Jennifer

    Oh, I had no idea Miranda Lambert was going to be there either or I would have came down there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable and yes, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat! I love the fabric you used, looks great!

    Thanks for coming back to comment on my kitchen! That was sweet!

    I have just posted my Table Top Tuesday!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. Love the fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so darned creative! Envious that you have a craft space -

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary,
    Looks great! I love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep! How cute! You did a great job with this, and now you have me eyeballing a plain old one that I have hanging in a walk in closet.

    Time for it to come out of the closet...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree 100% its mighty cute and you did a fine job on it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Mary..no wonder you love it...it is ADORABLE..and don't cha know that I will be looking for one to go beside MY desk...love it..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, I love your bulletin board makeover. That fabric is perfect. Thanks for the sweet comments. I will be busy the next few days, but will sneak a peek when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How Cute is right... AND... well done... so pretty... great tutorial... pretty and useful... ........
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mary,
    What a great idea and what a great transformation! I love the fabric you used, I may have to try this myself!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!