Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Kitchen Tour

What a busy day today was!  I cleaned out my refrigerator and freezer today.  With that came a through cleaning of the kitchen as well!  So, since my kitchen is all sparkling clean,  I've decided  to join the Heart of the Home Party and show you my kitchen again.  I have featured it once before here on my blog and wasn't really going to do it again but  since I have made some changes since that post, why not?  It's time for an updated peek!


When you enter in my kitchen from either the basement, hallway, den, or office, you are in a small foyer area that we have put up a coat rack and I recently added this table for mail and junk.

Looking into the kitchen from that foyer area this is what you see.


To the left is a built in desk I converted to a bar, yeah, I still need to paint that last chair black too!




Let's move closer into the kitchen now.

What's that there?  No, not the cute checked pumpkin I found at Target after seeing it in all my bloggy friends homes, look again.


That's right, I'm talking about those yummy chocolate chip cookies!  I baked them just for you, because I knew you 'd want some while you enjoyed the rest of the tour.







Other then my very large island, I really have limited  counter space in my kitchen.

This area in between my refrigerator and oven leads to the dining room.  It also is where my pantry is located behind the oven.






For those of you that follow regularly can you tell I've been decluttering some.



This is command central here!


Let move over towards the kitchen table now.







I am so thankful for this built china cabinet.  I had one in my old house too but it was in the dining room.  This is why I have only recently wanted to buy one for my dining room.  Now I have two china cabinets.  Woohoo!




I bought this little side table a few years ago from Ross.  Love that store!

Well there you have it!   But wait, for those of you who may have wondered whats behind the double doors, I'll give you a sneak peek if you promise to overlook the mess.

Yep, that's my laundry room, smack dab in the middle of my kitchen.  It is not totally a closet laundry room but set back somewhat inside.  It's just enough for me to pile up loads of laundry on the floor inside, which is why your getting a very limited peek.  LOL!

I hope you enjoyed your tour of the heart of our home.  Be sure and visit Sheila at Note Songs for more tours of other beautiful kitchens full of inspiration.

Thanks for visiting today!
Mary



33 comments:

  1. Sure did enjoy my tour. I enjoyed seeing it the second time around, I missed a few things the first time:) It is all lovely and very warm and welcoming Mary! I took a cookie and a shot of tequila to go......................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Kitchen is gorgeous Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'll take 2 cookies, thank you very much!

    Your kitchen is beautiful and I love your white cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really jealous of your kitchen --I would love white cabinets! Your white trim is so bright and crisp! I love the island too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks spacious and efficient. I didn't see anything BUT chocolate chip cookies in the pictures. La

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty...I love it all...and thanks for the cookies..
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! I don't think I have ever taken the full tour of your kitchen and I just love it! I miss my white cabinets so much and I absolutely love your built-in china cabinet! You have created a very warm and welcoming space and I wish I could really come over and have one of those cookies...or 2...or 4...! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary!

    I loved the cookie...I am on a diet though, so I only took one! :D

    Your kitchen is beautiful...I love white cabinetry! I also loved your built-in cabinets and also having the laundry room right in the kitchen...I think it would be great to have it right there as I work in the kitchen!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, your kitchen is so nice and bright and big and open. I love all the white with those beautiful gold walls. Thanks so much for the cookies they were delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your kitchen is wonderful. I love the tile floors and the gold and white colors. Very welcoming. Thanks for showing us.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary,
    I just adore your kitchen! It's bright and cheery and so full of your wonderful decorating touches! Thanks for the cookies too!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cookies look delicious. Your kitchen is charming and fresh looking. Love the little handprint tiles. I hope you'll drop by Atticmag and see our kitchens - it's a three for one!

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mary,

    I love your kitchen; it's so shiny and organized. I like the laundry room close by too.

    Check out my book giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  14. G'eve Mary ~ I love your whites ... you'd better hide those cookies, cause I don't share well! Chuckle.

    Your kitchen is just lovely, your accents are perfect ... LOVE the table from Ross.

    Have a beautiful eve ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your color combination. What is your paint color? I like the black with it--it looks so cheery to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the white, black, and gold colors. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful kitchen and flows really well. Love that wall color with all the black. Beautiful table from Ross, and your china cabinet looks wonderful.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Mary! Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the white and brightness of it and the huge island in the middle. I'm in love and a bit jealous of your gorgeous built in china cabinet! :) Your walls are lovely! That little table you got from Ross is so pretty!! Thank you so much, Mary, from the bottom of my heart for joining my party.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just so lovely and spacious! Great job of decorating and bringing all together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful, bright, open, airy, sun shiny space. I love the black counters and the white cabinets. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a great kitchen and I love how bright and airy it is! Thanks for sharing!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely and warm. I snagged a yummy cookie from you. I hope you don't mind. Isn't Ross fabulous? Great find. You have done a great job Enjoy....Stop by and say hello....Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mary, what a Gorgeous kitchen you have! Love it! Thanks for those delicious cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an absolutely great kitchen! You could not want for more...LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mary, the space is so grand and cozy at the same time! I love all your touches and remember that great basket holding your wine from another post! If I had one of those cookies, I just might sneak that basket right out the door! :) I am envious of the laundry room off the kitchen! The two places that I spend most of my time, should be side by side, so that I can multi-task! My laundry room is down stairs in the basement! Of course, I might find an excuse not to do it, even if it were off my kitchen! thanks for sharing! Coming over from Note Song! three pixie lane

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a sweet and pretty kitchen you have. I would love to have a desk like yours. the cookies look so delicious. Thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchen with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your kitchen and all the white, and that chalkboard!!! We should have Sheila throw more parties cuz I cleaned my kitchen too...alas it did not last long!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very pretty kitchen! Your little table from Ross is so sweet. I love having the laundry room in the kitchen, so convenient. Thank you for having us into your home.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so bright and pretty. Love your built in china cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Lucky girl to have such a big beautiful kitchen. I plan to paint my kitchen cabinets white. They just look so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh yea baby~! white cabs and beadboard and and and.. its allllllllllllllso very pretty.. Love it~!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Mary, I am still visiting kitchens and I am so glad I visited yours. I love the space you have and the built in cabinet is awesome. You have decorated the heart of your home just gorgeous. I also love the table from Ross. It is all perfectly lovely.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm still looking at kitchens! Yours is very pretty! I also have white cabinets and gold (blond) walls like yours, (an open "great room.")
    Not sure if you saw it or not.

    I enjoyed seeing yours!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!