Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Let's go for a walk

Come take a walk with me for Outdoor Wednesday !  The temperatures great this morning,  I hope you've got your walking shoes on.   This is a beautiful walk and you will want to soak it all in.  In an effort to get myself back in shape I have been doing my walking again.  I am so blessed to live in an area that not only can I walk in but that I get to see such beautiful visions along the way!  Today I want to share that walk with you.  I have lots of photos here and will keep the narrative small but feel free to just cruise on ahead if your a power walker!

I start at the entrance to the sailing club.  Even though I could walk here, I drive my car here because I have more traffic on my street and I hate dodging cars when I don't have too.  It's just easier to park the car here and walk these roads where the cars are fewer and far between.


Then were off down the street!




I love looking at the house along the way!




Such a gorgeous shady street.



That's big and pretty isn't it?

Let's keep going straight, if you go to the right that will take you towards my house but were not getting on that road, were going on down straight.


Past the old chicken coops.


Now you can turn to the right, were not going down the dirt road.



Are you getting winded yet, just a little further around this bend.




Now we get to see a few homes that are lakeside.



Just up this way is one of my favorite houses to look at.



Yep, that's the one I love to see!


It has been so fun to watch this home evolve.  I walked this road before it was built and now every time I come by there is more landscaping and pretty things to look at and notice.




Yes, we're going around that bend too.




Were almost there.






These are some of the original lake homes.




I want this lot!  LOL!



See that sign, I told you we were almost there.


Here's another favorite home of mine to look at on this road.

Here we are, end of the road.  If we keep walking...


We'll end up in the lake!   But we are turning around and heading back!


Oh come on, you can make it!


There's that big stucco house again.




Pretty canna lilys!



Gorgeous newest house on the street!






It's starting to look like fall around here!




I love old fences and things like this.




Especially when right next to them is more beautiful homes.


Back around the bend.


I think that's a cleared off power line.


Were staying on the road though.






Look!  I see fall!


And now back to the left on the road we started out on.




Can you guess where these folks are from?






This is in front of the same yard with the horse topiary?  Did you peek at their flag.  They are from Kentucky!




Pretty purple Crepe Myrtles.


And Pink Crepe Myrtles.




And white Crepe Myrtles.


Come on, let's pass this walker with the dogs!


Very good!  You made it!  We will stop here for now.   I usually keep walking past the club and up the road ahead.  That's where there are lots more lovelies on the lake.  We will walk down there next time.  I can tell you've had enough today!

Thanks for joining me on my walk today, I hope you'll do it again someday!
Feels great doesn't it!

12 comments:

  1. Mary, I thoroughly enjoyed walking with you. What a beautiful place to walk. I have to drive to a nearby park. I am back at it too. Down in the fifties in the mornings here, but still hot in the afternoon. Now I just need some new walking shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me on such a beautiful walk! There sure are some wonderful eye-candy houses to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous walk! I love that first favorite house! There are some beautiful homes there! I love to walk outside, but especially when you have something so beautiful to look at!

    I would love to have a photo shoot at that old barn and fence! That would rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic that was. So funny Mary, this morning I was walking with two friends, and I saw the coolest shot I could have taken, if only I had my camera....I plan on taking it along next time. You live in a gorgeous area too...you see this is why I love the Carolinas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to take a walk, I can see why you love going there! The homes, the quiet country roads, and of course the lake are all lovely!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty neighborhood. I enjoyed walking with you. Thanks for taking me along, Mary..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a wonderful place to take a long walk!
    I would love to have a little old house on a lake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! What a fun thing to feel like we got to be part of your world like that! I loved those houses and the stucco one gave me hope for our own stucco abode! I love the paint color and it got my wheels turning about changing ours! Thanks for the tour,
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love taking a walk with you, but now I have a very bad case of House Envy! Oh well, my old farm house it pretty nice too, and it will be nicer once the additions are done.

    Stop by for a visit at www.walkingtheoff-beatenpath.blogspot.com

    I walk too, but my path is made up of corn and bean fields and windmill paths!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That was a long walk, I'm tired! Seriously, I really enjoyed it and your pics are amazing! Happy Wednesday.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure enjoyed walking with you...it is much prettier on your walk than mine!Lust lovely...thanks for the invite :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!