Thursday, September 16, 2010

Autumn Tablescape

When I think of Autumn in it's full glory I think or deep rich glorious colors!  This setting reminds me so much of a beautiful Indian Summer autumn.  I hope you enjoy!



My setting started using these beautiful woven round place mats I've had forever.  I purchased them years ago online from Crate and Barrel.  I have so many!  I only recently stained four of them the color you see here, they were a light unstained finish.  I will be doing a post on that later.  The darker stain reminds me of the woods seen outside.


I then added these beautiful green wheat plates purchased from a church sale this summer.


Then I added my green terra cotta salad bowls.


The napkins I got on sale this summer from Pier 1.  Don't you just love the rich jewel tones on these!
I just love paisley too!

I can't remember where I got the blue glass napkin rings, only recently too.  Short term memory loss I guess!


I decided to use my grandmothers crystal with the gold trim.  The gold has worn to an almost copper look that I absolutely love.  I think it looks great in this setting!

And for my flatware, I used my everyday again.


I really like the simplicity of these.


Doesn't this table just radiate warmth to you?  I think so!


For my centerpiece I have several items on our lazy susan.  This has been in my husbands family for years and we have had forever now.  The Mr. just adores this thing.  I used to hate having it there when I wanted to decorate the table but I have now learned to just decorate with it!  I started by adding the yellow napkin on it I purchased from the Pfalztcraft outlet.  I have learned a napkin keeps things from sliding off the lazy susan easily when it is being turned.  That's called a life lesson!


Then I added my SL hurricane filled with fall pears.


A small floral arrangement I through together with some older florals I already had.


 I purchased the vase at a thrift store this summer.  The gold overlay on the brown looks so wonderfully aged and mimics the gold on my glasses wonderfully.


I had forgotten all about this little basket until I was looking through my cabinet.  Doesn't it look wonderful with the salt and pepper shakers?  I have only used it for sugar packets before.  I love this new application.


And of course I wanted to bring one of my newest gifts into this setting.  There has to be a candle in all of my table settings.  This jar candle just looks so perfect!  I put it on the plate so you could see how cute candles look on these small plates.  I love to give this set up as gifts.  I posted about that more here.


Here is a close up of a dish I got from the clearance section at Belks many, many, years ago.  Not sure if you can see the autumn leaves on it!  I only have one for use with my candles.




Check out this photo.  I got on a chair and held the camera under the light and just clicked!
It looks great doesn't it?  I was quite pleased.



I hope you enjoyed my Autumn table scape.  Please be sure and visit some of the other beautiful settings
at Tablescape Thursday today. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Mary

14 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, everything looks "so" divine!! I love the hurricane filled with pears, very festive. I am in love with those napkins and your table setting is so warm and inviting! When is brunch? =) Amazing job. Your pictures turned out fantastic, well done! Thanks for sharing...very inspiring! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! I'm taking myself to Pier 1 to see if they still have those napkins! I love those colors and think they are the perfect transitional napkin from summer to fall. Love it all!
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so pretty!!! I really love your SL hurricane vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table! I love the plates you used for your chargers and those napkins. Great patterns!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table...love the green wheat plates. The napkins are fabulous for fall. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your dishes and the paisley napkins. Your fall centerpiece is pretty,too. Nicely done! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! your TS is so pretty. I love the wheat plate. I was looking such but to no avail...

    TY for sharing your ideas.

    Have a happy TS...

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, your table is so pretty with those colors. I love the green wheat plates. Great centerpiece, too. We are definitely having Indian summer here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS, as always. Have a wonderful evening! La

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks great. I love the pears in the glass container.
    You've made a beautiful fall in your home..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  11. So warm and cozy!! I love the image of you in the spoon!! Don't those Paula Deen candles just smell yummy and they are so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty table. You are so clever to have stained those placemats. They look wonderful that way. I would have never thought of that. The colors and things on this table are very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The warm wood tone of your table and the wonderful texture of your stained woven place mat act as the perfect anchor for your lovely green service plate. Your napkins are so pretty. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!