Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Labor Day Dreamscape

Labor Day weekend always brings about a flurry of activity around here.  Our little town hosts a BIG labor day parade filled with local businesses, civic and religious organizations and politicians.  It's held on several of our main roads and ends at the high school where several vendors set up shop to offer their wares.  For us, Labor Day weekend also ushers in another year to celebrate the day of my mothers birth.   This means my brothers and their family will definitely be in town too.

 And if that wasn't exciting enough we are adding one more day of celebration with my husbands family at my brother in laws this year to welcome them into their new home and mostly to spend a little more precious time with my father in law.  Everyone on his side of the family is coming into town for this event as well.  

Somewhere in the midst of all this fun we hope to have a little quiet time to relax and enjoy Labor Day.   You know, Labor Day, the day you rest from all your labor.  (chuckle-chuckle)  So I'm thinking it will go something like this.   We will sneak away for a bit just the two of us, because our sons will have had quite enough of us, it will be later in the day and will look something like this.



































































 


Hoping this Labor Day finds you enjoying the moments in whatever way suits you best!  Whether you are spending time celebrating with family and friends or just relaxing all on your own I hope each of you gets a chance to enjoy the fruits of your labor. 

Linking with  http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ for Tablescape Thursday. 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!  I hope you enjoyed my setting.  Have a happy Labor Day!
Mary


19 comments:

  1. I'd love to sit at that table right now. Fabulous that you can do that on a boat! Love the water in the background of your photos. Beautiful...makes me want to go back to So. Carolins on vacation. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK... table for two on a boat = bliss.
    I love the little nautical details like the anchors and sailboats. I like the idea of the whole thing even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is the most unique table scape there will be:) I love the color scheme...perfect. Happy Labor day weekend. And a happy Birthday to you Mom! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, it sounds like you are going to have a fun and full weekend. Love your romantic setting for two on your boat. How pretty is that. We are going out of town tomorrow for the weekend. I will be taking my laptop and checking in when I can. Have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So charming!!! a beautiful tablescape by the sea!!! (or is it a lake?) well, by the water!!!!
    cariños,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is so awesome, I don;t know where to start. Of course, the BACKGROUND is FABULOUS..nothing prettier than water..beautiful boat...I love your place settings, flowers, candles, ....it is all PERFECT...and so so romantic. *heavy sigh.....
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Enjoy your time together-Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Mary! I love this little "get together" you have prepared. However I am so sad that this seems to be an end to summer! Fall and spring are okay. I am usually happy to see spring after winter but fall makes me sad because I LOVE summer!!

    This also makes me miss my pontoon boat. We only took it out for one week on our vacation this year. Just didn't have the money. We are going camping this weekend for Labor Day but just taking the jon boat for fishing.

    Thank you so much for your wonderful words of encouragement on my blog. I am doing okay and keeping busy. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, I need an invite! LOL, it's almost a sin to post such incredible photos to tease all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this reminds me of our days living aboard. We always had real dishes too. I could never understand why folks had plastic dishes on a boat. If you get good quality and stow them properly, they are fine. But we did have pewter wine glasses. Anyway, thanks for the lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving it! It looks so tranquil and romantic..., I'd definitely make sure to sneak off!

    Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was so great and I loved how you said you would sneak away! What pretty shots of the water and the sun sneaking away. I adore the anchors for the napkin holders with a little rope on them. I hope you get to sneak away and enjoy your boat. How fun. Have a wonderful Labor free day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful! I'm a first time visitor and I'm so glad I stopped by! I would love to be enjoying setting this holiday! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a wonderful weekend planned. Another charming table on the water..

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great place for a quiet hour or two! I love those anchor napkin holders. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that your evening sail was as delightful as your tablescape. Thanks for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun little table for two! Love the water so, this would be perfect! Have a fantastic holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so glorious. I love the relaxed color scheme. The entire setting is so serene. Only to be complimented by your perfect music.

    Love the tea towel/napkin with the sailboat and rick rack.

    Thanks so much for alerting me to your post. I too have been so buy I haven't gotten to do all of the visiting I'd like to.

    I know you're taking a well deserved Labor Day break, but if you feel so inclined, I'd love to have you join your post in Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds like you are quite busy this weekend! How wonderful to plan a quiet time together on your boat. Your dishes are so lovely and the pictures with the candlelight are so restful. I hope you really get your "getaway"!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!