Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Autumn Mantle Decor

Hi!  What a wonderfully busy weekend!  A special thanks to you who took the time to comment on my latest post.  I want you to know I appreciate your advice and comments. I really do agree with those of you who commented!  I have to say, it was so refreshing visiting whatever blogs I wanted to this weekend without stressing over it.  It is such a blessing to have YOU who relate, pray, and encourage as I continually strive to find the right balance between my blog life and my real life.  Thank you again!


I am also so very thankful for parties like Tabletop Tuesday @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ that allow me to share my love of decorating, especially seasonal decorating!  What a wonderful time of year this is to decorate!  I hope you'll join me and many others today as we share various styles of vignettes.


Fall decorating is in full swing at my house.  I've even added a few new goodies that were, Oh, so hard to resist!  Gotta fill up that new "fall box" I'm creating this year ya know.  LOL!  Today I'd like to show you my vignette on the mantle over the fireplace.


You probably were expecting lots of goodies all over this mantle weren't you?



I have always leaned towards a very streamlined look on my mantle and only recently did a very busy vignette on it this summer with the sailboats as shown in my header.  I'm not sure why, but for some reason I really like to keep this area more simple.  Maybe because the fireplace itself is so large that I prefer to keep it more the focal point of the room than all my knick knacks.



You will see that I have my constants that stay the same year round.  They are the off white candlesticks.  I love how they compliment my mirror and sconces.  I have been advised to put up a different darker mirror or print or something more bold, but I really don't want to do that.  This is what I like!



I made these two floral arrangements several years ago.  Previously they were the only fall decor on this mantle during the season.  I love the rich colors I used to create these topiary style arrangements.  I also just love the plaid ribbon I made the bows with.  I always make all my own bows, as it is so easy to do.


Here is my newest addition, these sweet little birdies from Michaels.   They are such perfect fall birds!







I originally thought I would paint the gold swirls on the brown birds to another color but after getting them in my house and seeing them with the rest of the autumn decor I have decided to leave them as is.





The basket I picked up at a yard sale this summer got a few florals too.  They came from Michaels also.  I had too many for another arrangement I did for the front porch.  You'll have to keep watch for that post!  It's decorated and ready for show just after I give the porch a good fall cleaning!  Large front porches really get soooo dirty!!!



Well, that's it for now!  Oh, did you notice I took the blue slipcovers off of my pillows too?  It's back to the brown color for fall.  Love that trick!

  It's taking quite a bit of self control here not to go all over the house and show you everything else.  You'll just have to keep coming back for more now, Okay?   Trust me, there's more, lot's more!  Did I mention how much I love seasonal decorating?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fall Mantle! I love the ribbon you used and the little birds! And I love, love that rattan vase on your hearth! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You posted early this morning! I am just now getting ready to have breakfast! Of course I was up til 2am! Was just catching up on posts I missed the past several days. I love your candle holders and birds on the mantle! I really loved the tablescape on your boat too! The striped cloth and the glass candle holder really made the table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks beautiful. I also like the chairs and basket of stems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your mantel. I love your floral arrangements and the birds and candles are just the perfect touch. I do like to see a clean line mantel too. Your is just enough. The basket on the hearth is such a great find and the grass is beautiful in it. Beautiful. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty mantel love the ribbon, I make my bows too as long as they are the wired kind:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks so much for showing your beautiful mantel arrangement! I always struggle every year with decorating mine for fall because I, too, like a cleaner look but still want something with some oomph. Yours is just perfect to me! :-)
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I especially love the plaid bows. You've made your home very warm and inviting!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very nice!!! I am trying to get into the fun of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, your mantel is nice and big and it looks great the way you dressed it for fall. I know what you mean about blogging and life balance. I really have to figure that out, too. I have got to get back to walking regularly. A recent photo on this trip woke me up. I have to lose weight and quit sitting at the computer so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your mantle!! I love the plaid ribbon, and these are all the colors I love too! I just saw your post below. It does get to be really time consuming, and I find myself getting really behind returning comments. This should be fun and not stressful, and it should come after family, and all that other stuff that really matters, imo. So, that's why I am just now returning last week's comments, lol!! Love your fall decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok. I have to go back and check your last post. I am gone for a weekend and you and Debbie have these big posts!! Love your mantle. It looks so clean and neat. Those little birdies are just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very simple and pretty. I am like you, too because I have such a large fireplace that takes up the room. I actually think it's harder to hold back, don't you? Love decorating with birds, too. Yours are cuties!

    Happy TT Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mantel and I think it's just right!
    The pretty topiary's really look quite stunning and that mirror is just gorgeous!
    You have quite the knack girl and I love your new blog background!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty mantle! I like the simplicity!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty mantle scape...love the little birdies!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!! What a gorgeous mantle. I really like the fall floral arrangements on either side and the bows add the perfect touch. The little birdies are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    XOXO ~ Liz

    P.S. Thank you so much for the sweet comments on my fall decor. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mantle looks gorgeous!!! ANd perfect for MY favorite time of year! :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mantle is elegant. You've done a good job. Thank you for stopping by my post. Come visit any time. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!