Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Were "I" to Serve Tea..




 
I confess I am not much of a tea-anista!  I know, I just made that nonsense up, but I hope you get the point. Much like a fashionista has a passion for great style, I think it takes quite a bit of flair to host a tea party!  I really do love seeing all these fabulous tea sets and tea parties you ladies pull out.  I am so in awe of your delicious goodies and sets that it has inspired me to pull out a very special set to share with you today.  I am not even 100% sure this is even a tea set as it looks more like an espresso set to me!  LOL!  However, were I to host a tea party, it might like look this...



Please forgive me for not bringing out the goodies too, but I thought we would focus on this goody of a tea set only.  Again, I use the term tea set lightly, as I'm not really sure.  This set belonged to my mother.  She gave it to me many years ago after she sold the house I grew up in.  It was a gift from my father to her from his travels to Germany.  He was a jet pilot in the Air National Guard and had may trips abroad.


  My parents divorced when I was just a young girl and I was raised by my mother.  When she moved after I got married she cleaned house.  This set held no real sentimental attachment for her, but for me it did.  You see, I remember seeing this in our china cabinet growing up.  I used to want to play with it all the time because it looked much like a child's tea set to my young eyes.  I was never allowed to play with it.  I have kept this set packed away.  I have never used it or even played with it until now! 


It is white china with silver trim.  I have always admired the simplicity of this set.  Here is a picture of the bottom of one of the saucers to show you the markings.

Keep in mind these next close up shots are making these pieces seem larger then they really are.
It has six of these very small cute cup and saucers.


A small creamer...


A sweet small and chipped sugar bowl..(maybe I did get ahold of this set once)


And a lovely tall and slim tea pot!



I would set it up to be served off of this small silver plated tray by Oneida.


Then I would certainly need teaspoons and a linen for spills.



So I would bring out this lovely tea towel inherited from my husbands family, with our monogram.


And our beautiful monogrammed silver teaspoons, also inherited from my husbands family.
Luckily he only had one brother, (and two sisters) but the boys got to split all the monogrammed items.


I can't read the name of the silver on the back, but it's a beautiful pattern!  Our monogram is on the back of the teaspoons.


And of course, I would bring in some freshly cut hydrangeas!


I wanted you to see a close up of the two tones on this one in particular.  I love when that happens on hydrangeas and you get that effect.


Well, that's what I might do, were I to host a tea party!

However, the reality is I'm not really much of a tea party kind of gal, I do enjoy tea though.  Usually it's good old fashioned sweet tea for me.   However, in the winter, I keep an assortment on hand.  This is the reality of my tea parties, they are solo, and served in this....


My choices look like this...


And that's they way I really am!


I sure have enjoyed sharing this set with you and had fun imagining what I might do!  Thank you so much for letting me share in your worlds today, it was wonderful!


I hope you enjoyed it too!  Leave me a note if you drop by, I'd love to hear what you think of my set.

I am joining the following parties today!  Be sure and visit these fun parties for more!

12 comments:

  1. Loved your post today...the teaset or expresso set(I don't know either) is so precious. I bet it was fun getting it out to display!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your china very much, and the way you show, its beautiful....
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    take a look
    love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized that although I have been following your blog on my sidebar, I guess I never clicked to follow on your site. So you have a new "old" follower!!!

    Love the tea set and it must mean a lot to you as it belonged to your parents when they were together and you remember it from when you were young!

    I am like you, my tea is in a tea bag and if it isn't sweet ice tea, it is a big mug of hot sweet raspberry tea!! But that is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a tea drinker myself; I prefer sweet iced tea {Lipton is my favorite}. : ) My hubby is the tea drinker in our family, and even then he sticks with the Lipton tea bags, nothing fancy. I did find wonderful little china tea sets at Goodwill, which I picked up to use with my future granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would join you for tea anytime except that I don't like tea ( or sweet tea and yes, I do live in the South!) Your tablescape though is so lovely. What a sweet memory for you in the china set which is just beautiful! I love the hydrangeas!!! I think it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice tea set. I love the slim shape of the pot and the creamer. Very unusual and of course white goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stoppin over for tea! Your new runner looks FAB and I adore those monogrammed teaspoons!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your set is lovely, I believe it would be used for the strong "kaffee" served in small cups in Germany. A great pick-me-up just as espresso is here and in Italy.

    Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my recent loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your tea set is stunning. I love the sleek shape. I don't think I've ever seen that style before, but it is fabulous. The silver and the linens are also wonderful, and of course the flowers are the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tea set! I really like its unique design and shape. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant looking, very stylish with the tall slim lines. Your teaset is a treasure! Love the silver too! Beautiful hydrangeas too. You set a great table for tea today!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beutiful tea set! And the napkins and spoons are wonderful too, I love anything monogrammed!@!! :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!