Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Weeks Deals

Last week I didn't think I was going Yard Salen so I posted a few thrift store finds early.  However, in my usual laid back style on Saturday morning, I made another last minute decision.   After several cups of coffee it was getting close to 10:00am again and I decided to go for it!  Not ventured, nothing gained right!  As luck would have it  did okay!


I am joining Debbie @ http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/ for Garage Salen.  Please be sure and drop by and check out the other ladies great finds!  You won't be disappointed...we are a thrifty bunch!



Here's the whole amount of last weeks finds!  It's not much, but I'm happy with what I got.


Yep, I have added rooster item # 2 now..this could be trouble!  This only set me back $1.00.  From the same house I also purchased these Very large LC hoops for only .50 cents.


Then a little church sale was nearly sold out but I did manage to find this Yankee candle plate for $1.00


And I purchased these embroidered denim pillows at $2.00 for the set.


My next stop gave me the most exciting deals of the day!  I bought two table runners for $2.00 a piece.
This first one is a light sage green chenille with an inside tag that says Calzeat of Scotland...woohoo!  It's probably originally from T.J. Maxx but a girl can dream.  LOL!


But the big deal of the day was definitely this table runner for $2.00.  It was brand new still had the tags on it from Pottery Barn...original sticker of $45.00.  Can you believe it?  It's long too!  It has to be at least 3 yards long.  It stretches all the way across my dining table with a long overhang on each end that almost touches the floor!  I am in love with this runner! 

And from the same lady I purchased these two candle holders.  She said she thinks she got them from Pier 1 but can't remember for sure.  IDK!  She was asking $1.00 each on them and I said OK, then when I was pulling out my money since I was buying the two runners, she said, "just give me a $5.00, I'll take .50 cents each for the candle holders..I've never used them."  So I gladly gave her a $5.00.

Aren't they cool?  I am running out of hanging space. Honestly, I was not sure where I was going to hang them until I saw Kim @ Savvy Southern Style's deck reveal yesterday.  And it hit me!  Thanks Kim!
Here's a glance at where I hung them on both sides of the table on our top deck.


And a little closer up shows how cute they look!  Not to bad for .50cents! I'll add the candles on an as needed basis, or they will melt here for sure in this hot SC weather!


I really don't have a clue if I'll make it out again tomorrow or not, it just depends.  If I do I'll be sure and let you know, that's for sure!  Have a great day if your headed out for some deals tomorrow and if you not, I hope you have a wonderful weekend all the same!
Mary

18 comments:

  1. Love the candles on the patio. That is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary....rooster number 2...you are in trouble girl let me tell you...lol!~ Love those candle holders hung out there...I can see a little color in their future lol!!~ Perhaps our favorite yellow!~ You did great again this week, I love it all! Thanks for linking up....that pottery barn runner is way nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, nice job on your garage sale items! I like the idea for your candle placement on your deck! Thanks! Donna...the 3rd sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great deals especially the PB runner. Wow, I guess someone decided they couldn't use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you found me!!! I have stopped by your blog before I just love it!!! I'm your newest follower too! I need a new background bad! Mine looks like a teeny bopper page!lol! I'm in the upstate of SC! I would take a wild guess a say you are coastal?!

    I love your kitchen table it is beautiful! I also love your wall color choice too! I'm thinking about going to a yellow color.

    I also want to start a business and I have lots of questions myself!

    I need to get to bed to go to yard sales in the morning but I will get back with you to talk about the business thing!!!

    take care!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your finds! You got a GREAT deal on the runner! Garage salen ROCKS! :)
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rooster #2 and the PB runner, but my fav are the little candle holders, very cute on the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great spot for the candle holders. I keep my candles inside, too, unless I'm actually lighting them. I get full sun and they do melt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds especially the PB runner and I love the candle holders they look just wonderful where you have them!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sconces on the patio are great! Wonderful finds. I actually went out today and got a couple of finds too! I spent 3.oo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did GREAT~!! love the rooster and table linens.. yard sales are so much fun and you sure got some terrific items. ~!!!

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did awesome Mary! That PB runner was a total home run. And I just love those candle holders too. They look terrific on your deck.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds!! Love the runners, I see a tablescape coming!! Love the candle holders too. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finds!! Love a rooster anything!! The sconces look great on the deck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds for a late start! Sometimes you find the great deals late because no one wants to pack the stuff up!
    Maybe you need some stronger coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job on the saling! The candleholders are just perfect on the deck...and the price, too! Love the PB runner - what a deal! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. ~Hi Mary~

    What a fabulous look to your blog. I am *so* in the summer mood now, and boy would I love to go sailing! *smile*

    WOW! What fantastic finds, you sure scored! I love it all. Those candle holders are really pretty and I love the pillows and runners. Well, and you know how much I love Roosters, how cute! I wish I could find deals like you. =)

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comments. =)

    Have a lovely day! ~ XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great stuff. Love what you did with the candle holders. That is a great idea. Too bad I don't have a deck. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment on my thrifty finds.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!