Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Backyard Birds


I've been desperately trying to capture these beautiful birds around here.  But they are far quicker and wiser than I.  It would seem they rest comfortably near me when I am sitting and enjoying my yard but the minute I get up for the camera they sense something and leave.  I was able to catch a few sightings this past week and am sharing that glory with you today!  I hope you enjoy!

Before I could fully focus this beauty lands cautiously on the bird bath!

And there she/or he is preparing to take a dip!


Satisfied no one is watching, she/or he jumps right in!


Then it's back to the branch to dry off.


And look for anyone who is watching!


This one flutters about in the water so quick I barely have time to grab the camera let alone get focused.

Then perches atop the old cement squirrel!  If only he knew!  LOL!

I am joining Susan today at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/
for Outdoor Wednesday!

Please be sure and stop by the link above for more wonderful Outdoor adventures!

12 comments:

  1. Cute bird shots. I am sure the colorful one is male. You know the male birds are the pretty ones and the females have little or no color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been noticing lots of birds in my yard this year as well. I have a cardinal I keep seeing flitting about from tree to tree, which I don't usually see at this time of year. We usually mostly have robins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on capturing that little fellow. The male birds are always much brighter in color than the female. Looks like it would be the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The prettier red cardinals are the Males...you have some beautiful birds there too!~ Yes interesting post I had...you just never know what I will come up with do ya? LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching the birds in my backyard. I totally feel like my grandmother by doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pool party for a hot day! Love watching those birds. They are so quick to fly away before you can pick up the camera or even get the camera in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What darling pictures. Looks like that birdie didn't mind at all either! Ha!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first few photos are a pair of purple finches. We had them at our last house. Always busy!

    Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday (post #3). If you haven't registered for our glass vessel sink giveaway, it's open until 5pm EST Wednesday.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for dropping by at Deck The Halls Of HOME with JOY! It's a pleasure to meet you!
    You have a wondrful blog. I am your newest follower! :)

    Come by anytime. I love the beautiful Carolina's. I live in the Southwest and admire your tall beautiful green trees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty little birds! I love watchimg them too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! The birds don't come close enough here to photo. Could it be the bears?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great series of photos of the birds! I love watching birds. Especially the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!