Thursday, June 3, 2010

Do you remember this?

I am joining the following parties today;
http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/ for Vintage Thingy Thursday
http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/ for Transformation Thursday


I want to show you a few projects I have been working on and a few I still have to do.  I am going to start with my Vintage Thingy first.  It is also a transformation project but is my only vintage piece today.  This used to be in my backyard over by a tree!  It had a fern sitting on it and it was black and rusty.  I have had this for so long!  Every since I have been married it has been an outside piece but when I was a girl it used to be in my room.  Sorry, I forgot to get a before photo.  Here are some fun and wonderful after shots though!





Do you recognize this?  If I am correct this is an old Record Player stand!  The record player goes on top and the albums went on the bottom.  It may be an old T.V. stand because that is what I used it for as a girl in my room.  And the bottom would be for magazines, I'm guessing!  Well that's my point!  I'm not 100% sure of it's original purpose.  Anyway, it makes a great plant stand as it is now.  I just spray painted this piece and moved it from the yard to the front porch. The Mr. is going to add another piece of our old counter top and I will be able to use it more to display things as well.  I can hardly wait until that is finished!



Speaking of finished!  I have finally finished both back porch lights!  Having to tape them off, was not fun, so I procrastinated big time on the 2nd one but here they are before and after!

Beautiful!  Yay!

While were on the lights, the Mr. decided to tackle a project of his own.  Our pot lights on both porches were looking very bad.  At over $8.00 a replacement, we decided to try a little paint project first to see how they would hold up.  We have completed the back porch, and they look so much better!  I really notice details so this kind of stuff really bugs me.  I didn't do before photos either on this, shame on me!  However I do have some on the front porch to show you how shabby they were looking.  Here's the before and after on these!





World of difference!  Love it!


Finally, I have one more fixture project to tackle.  Actually it's two as I have two of these on the front porch.  My ceiling fans look horrible!  They have started to rust and always look so dirty!  I am thinking of painting them with that ORB stuff everyone keeps talking about.  What do you think?  We talked about how it may affect the fans, but the Mr. seems to think it will not be enough paint to bother them since there is supposed to be a protective housing over the motor.  (He's pretty technical minded!)  So hopefully, before too long I will have the afters on these too!  Only I'm not sure about what to do with the white blades..Black maybe?  I'll take any and all suggestions on this one!







Thanks for visiting me today!  I love all your comments!  You ladies are the best and are really helping me spruce up the place quite a bit!  Let me know if you stop by, Okay?

10 comments:

  1. Yes, this looks like a record player stand you have here. How cool! I like the idea of putting magazines in the slots instead of record albums.
    Happy VTT!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outdoor lights are the same thing I've had to do, too. We just repainted our black outdoor lantern lights because they were all faded from the sun. It was the perfect opportunity as hubby was re-siding the house and they had to come down anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stand...love the color...all your projects look fabulous!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vintage finds and super transformations. I agree, that I think it is a record player stand, but what a great piece to use on the porch. Love the redos. Everything looks so fresh. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a similar stand but it was more the size for small plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your record player stand and how cool that you have something from your childhood. Love the blue. I have to tape off and paint our outdoor light on our deck, too. I told my husband he needs to take it down for me. I will have to remind him again. After he is nagged enough he will do it. If you want the fans to stand out then paint them dark. If you want them to recede into the ceiling then paint them white. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got me thinkin I need to do some serious sprucin' up around here! Your little changes made a big difference. Thanks for the inspiration!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great transformations! I vote that the stand is a record player stand. My sister and I had one like it in our bedroom growing up. I love that you repainted your outdoor lights. I took the wimpy route and got new ones for our front porch just last week. Now you're making me wish I hadn't spent the money! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those record player stands. Yours makes a perfect plant stand. And, what a difference simple changes in lighting can make!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice record player stand and well done with the lighting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!