Wednesday, June 30, 2010

July 4th Tablescape

Yay!  It's time for Table Scape Thursday @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ and time to reveal my 4th of July table scape!  I am so excited!  I have been working on this for weeks.  Some items I already had and some I have either bought or made just for the occasion.  I have lots of photos to share with you today.   I'll be keeping the narrative to a minimum...that's a big task for me.  LOL!


I hope you enjoy and I hope you get inspired.  Even though times are tough in our country, I'm always happy to celebrate living in the USA!  Can you tell?




I'd rather have set this up outside but with the heat and the rains lately you'll just have to imagine that part.

Let's start with the tablecloth!  It's actually a Waverly tab panel I had bought many years ago for one of my boys rooms.  I have several but we never ended up using them as curtains because he out grew the red, white, and blue theme.


The center runner was also purchased as a runner for his dresser but is actually a large dish towel.



     I am using my everyday white fruit serving pieces with my white dinner plates by Gibson in todays setting.




I chose several items for my centerpieces, starting with this metal sailboat we already had.


Then I added this candle under the cloche sitting on my new blue dish resting on the white milk glass candy dish.  I already had the candle too!  For some reason it reminds me of a firecracker!



Then I added my newest find this year from Ross!  Aren't these the cutest patriotic sailors you ever seen!




A nice spray of white Crepe Myrtle looks great in this cobalt blue crackle vase.



Let's look closer at my place setting!



Silver plated Stainless by Oneida, Louisiana pattern


Iridescent blue goblets, a yard sale purchase


White raised fruit pattern from Gibson


Red ceramic plates, Milano pattern, Tabletop Lifestyles,  from T.J. Maxx


Beautiful blue heavy napkins, handmade by me this year!  I already had the fabric too!


Cute anchor napkin ring, handmade by me, using anchor cutouts, clearance isle at Michael's and wired floral  jute from AC Moore!  I also painted the anchors with a white wash!


I added a couple of red votives in the cute red votive holders, only 50 cents from Walmart.


On the left side of my table I have one of my newest tin serving bowls and white pitcher.


Another large dish towel from my sons room that we had used as another runner.


On the right side of my table is the most exciting side!


I have my other newest tin serving bowl with serve ware


And this beautiful cobalt blue dish ready for dessert


However, this will not be just any dessert this is set for my husbands birthday that is Friday, the 2nd of July!
It will hold his very favorite yellow butter cake with chocolate icing!


Since my husbands birthday is so close to the fourth of July he has always had quite a celebration!  That's partly why I couldn't wait to do this table and chose the nautical theme for my nautical man!

Before you leave, I have one more thing to show you!  Speaking of birthdays and the fourth let me show you a picture I painted for my husband for his birthday many years ago!  It is a picture of one of our many fourth of July adventures on the lake.  If you go back one post to my Outdoor Wednesday post you will see the real life version of our dam on the lake.  Here is my version of our dam on July 4th!



He keeps this picture hanging in his office here at home!


Here's a few close ups of my painting, see the fireworks above.


I even added the cars lined up on the dam as often happens on July 4th!


I really enjoyed painting this picture for him as it represents so many memories for us!
Hope you enjoy it too!

Thanks soooo much for stopping by today!  Wishing each of you a very happy fourth of July!
God Bless America!

26 comments:

  1. WOW....you have been so busy...when did you find time to do this? I love it, and the sailor and gal are so cute from Ross...I love going in there, as you never know what you will find. Enjoy the Holiday weekend, and be safe!!~ No boating for us that day, it is insane here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great patriotic tablescape. I love that sailor couple you got at Ross. I need to check my Ross and see if they have that. It would be perfect in my nautical guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe I missed your Ivy finds!! You didn't get the bowls???? It is highly collectible and bidding for these on ebay goes crazy. I'm shocked at how inexpensive yours were and very jealous! Anyway, love your July 4th table!! So festive and pretty! I have not done July 4th yet...too busy bidding on Ivy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the picture you painted your husband really beautiful!

    Love the sailor couple too, I don't think we have a Ross around here, I'll have to check!

    Beautiful tablescape!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute table, love your sailor and sweetie! And that cobalt plate really pops with color-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you recycled a curtain panel for your table! Cute sailor couple & great painting~ we'll be watching fireworks on the lake too! Happy Birthday to your Hubby :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...where to start?? I'm so impressed with your painting skills, love your RED dishes & the tall, thin sailor couple, adore those cute, original anchor napkin rings...very clever!!

    You did a great job on this entire table. I know what you mean when you say keeping the narrative to a minimum is hard....ME TOO!! LOL

    Have a Happy 4th of July!
    Rett
    The Gazebo House

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun~~come sail away?! right!!

    Happy 4th of July too!!

    Love the anchor's away napkin rings!!

    adorable :)))

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your patriotic table! what a clever idea for those napkin rings and the cute couple you found! I love all the colors you blended, great ideas!
    Happy 4th,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful table! So festive, and all the sailing elements are perfectly suited to your blog! Very clever, the way you made the cute napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

    I hope you'll stop by for my bbq on an Anthropologie inspired white tablecloth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your painting is so wonderful. I love the style of it. Your table is wonderful with all the little details that make it so special. I like your anchor napkin rings. The metal boat is wonderful. Happy birthday to your hubby. That is the favorite cake around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband is an ex-Navy Man. He would love this as I do. The sailboat centerpiece is so cute and you've tied everything in so well. Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all very festive, with great attention to detail! I'll bet the birthday guy's cake is going to be delicious! My favorite part of the post is your painting -- I'm so glad you shared it, truly charming!

    Hope you have a happy 4th!

    Regards,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your table!! I love the sailboat in the centerpiece. I love the sailing couple too. You did a really nice job. It all looks wonderful!
    have a great 4th!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love it. I think this is so special the way you were able to bring the sailing element into your tablescape. Everything is just perfect. Love it all. I hope you have a fabulous 4th. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute patriotic table. Love the sailor couple and the sail boat. As I was reading your post, I couldn't wait to find out where you got those adorable napkin rings, and then I read that you made them! How creative! Your 4th of July painting is so pretty. Have a great holiday! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful!! Love the sailboat and the sailors as the centerpiece! Well, I love everything!

    Your painting is really good, thanks for sharing it with us as well!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for visiting me! I really liked your creative use for the tablecloth and runner! I love all the July 4th posts this week! Love, ~Nana~

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful patriotic table, love the details to create a lovely centerpiece!

    Happy 4th July!

    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  21. THis is the sweetest table for the 4th! I love your patriotic couple and what a fabulous painting! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your table is so festive! I love your tablecloth, little sailor couple and darling napkin rings.
    Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful table...the little sailor pair are adorable.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't you just LOVE Ross....ya never know what ya might find. Very cute couple and a great addition to your tablescape. Happy 4th to you and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How delightful! the sailboat is gorgeous.
    Happy 4th and Outdoor Wed.
    Enjoy a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!