Monday, June 28, 2010

Rearranging the China

If your one of my followers you know I recently purchased some new dishes.  To be honest, I've actually added quite a bit of dishes lately to my cabinets this year.  I've added several sets of salad plates, dinner plates and outdoor plates too!  All this plate buying has led me to do some rearranging! 


Since it is time for Table Top Tuesday I thought I'd share my kitchen china cabinet.  I still have several other sets of dishes in my other cabinets but I tried to put some prettier ones in here that would show well together!  I hope you don't mind seeing real china mixed with earthenware, stoneware, and plastic!  If you do, you may want to skip down to some of my other vignettes I'm sharing today also.


Here's my built in kitchen cabinet and it's new look.



Let's take a peek inside!


On the top shelf I have a mixture of my grandmother, Nana's china, and serving pieces from her china and my china.  I also have a mixture of coffee cups from her china, my china, and my stoneware.


On the middle shelf I have my china plates to the left, Nana's china plates to the right and my new Franciscan Ivy serving pieces.  I also have my beautiful melamine bird plates in the back.


I just love how the bird plates look near the Ivy pieces.


Then on the bottom shelf I have plates, plates and more plates!  I have more of Nana's china plates on both the left and right side.  I have a huge amount of her china!


Then shown in the middle, I have my white fruit plates, moved into this cabinet from other shelves in the kitchen.  This freed up space to put some other plates that don't coordinate as well with these, on the shelves.  I also have some pretty green plates I got this year from a church sale and my new ivy plates and finally more plastic plates.

This was fun rearranging this cabinet and I'm very pleased with the results.  Now, if I can just get the rest of my family to remember where everything goes!  LOL!

Don't leave yet, I want to show you a few other vignettes today as well!
Remember my newest rooster, well, here's where he ended up, in the kitchen.


 I thought you might also like to see this vignette on my side table in the dining room.



 Since I was working on something else in the dining room today I thought I'd show you this one too!  Don't peek in the mirror now, I'll  be sharing that this week also, I promise!


Looks like a case of the blurries today...sorry!




Oh and one more thing I just have to share!  I have had these purple wired beads that go around a candle for years.  For some reason I have never like them on a candlestick.  Recently I was cleaning out a kitchen drawer and saw them and put them on the top of these lamps!  In case you didn't know I love me some bling, so this was super exciting!  I just love it!  Try it if you like too!  I love sharing ideas!


Well, that's it for today, Hope you enjoyed peeking at a few of my vignettes.  I really love looking at everyone else's, they are always so inspiring!  Be sure and click on the link below to see more if you enjoy looking at vignettes as much as I do.  You will love it!
for Table Top Tuesday

Leave a comment if you please, I'd love to hear what you think!

23 comments:

  1. Wonderful dish cabinet. All of your dishes look so pretty! I love the apple green color that weaves through all of the patterns! Beautiful.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a dream to have such a wonderful china cabinet and yours is just fabulous. It looks gorgeous the way you have displayed all of your beautiful dishes. Wow, I could steal most of those and really have a ball. lol I love your rooster vignette. So cute. I love all of his wonderful colors. Your other vignette is just gorgeous too. Love the birds, the candles and how everything is put together. Beautiful bookstand. Wow, you have really been busy and everything looks fabulous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your china cabinet looks beautiful! I love the mix of all the plates and things together. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! The ivy dishes look great in there. I especially love the serving dish with the cover right in the middle. Love the green and white florals on the bottom shelf. I can't tell which are the plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your built in is beautiful, everything looks great! How special to have your grandmother's china-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cupboard with the beautiful dishes! And you have them displayed so gorgeously! And all your other vignettes are lovely too! I want that book, it looks like a good read!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your built in china cabinet. How nice to have your grandmother's china. I have mine, too, but it was not a complete set. I love those bird plate and the green plates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your wonderful displays girl...those bird dishes are just too pretty my friend...and your side board looks awesome...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed this post about all of your pretty dishes. You're cabinet is just beautiful and everything is arranged so well. I struggle with the arranging part myself. I have a vision in my mind of what I want things to look like but can't ever get it to look the way I want. Guess I need to just keep trying, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dishes Dishes everywhere.. love your display spot. Your lucky being able to see all your pretties ~!!
    runnin in, swiping that rooster and making a mad dash getaway...:)

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~Happy Tuesday~
    Wow, your china cabinet looks gorgeous! I love the cups on the hooks...such an adorable touch! You did a great job arranging it all! Your pictures look amazing! I LOVE dishes and collect them. I used to go to HomeGoods every week and buy plates. My hutch is full of them! =)

    Thanks for sharing and thank you for your comments on my blog. I am a very slow responder now that my girl's are home for the summer. Have a lovely day!

    Hugs and Love,
    Liz

    P.S. I keep eyeing that Rooster of yours...I collect those too! *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely dishes in a lovely cabinet. I love the bird plates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with Robin, I love those melamine bird plates! But then everything looks fabulous and you have a great collection of dishes. I read the story on your previous post about the ivy dishes and their connection to you husband, isn't it a good thing when you don't have to justify your purchases? Lol, I used to go through that when I lived with my sister. I told her she was worse than my husband ever was, loll!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful dishes! I love the cabinet and how you have everything arranged. I really LOVE the built in cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a marvelous collection of dishes and other goodies! My favorites are the ivy dishes, so pretty, and they'll coordinate with so many others!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your shelf vignette is just gorgeous! I adore the bird plates

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Nana's china is a treasure!! Love it!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my!!!! You have lots of pretties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love those bird plates AND the green and white on the bottom!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The arrangement of china in your china cabinet is so beautiful. I tend to favor the Franciscan Ivy because I have collected it for 40 years and have almost every piece ever made including several of the covered casserole and bowls. The Bird plates look wonderful with it. I would love to have some bird plates like yours!
    I know you're proud of your Nana's china, it's lovely...I tend to favor green, too! Thanks for sharing your lovely display with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cupboard is filled with beauties .. I love LOVE the bird plates!Your vignettes are fabulous ... such beautiful treasures you have & present them so elegantly.

    This is my first participation ... pop by for a visit.

    Happy 4th!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your dishes are beautiful - such a feast of lovely colors. And your tabletops look so pretty - great job! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I laughed so hard when I opened your blog and saw my big mouth on your page...lol!!~ Thank you so much Mary, that was really thoughtful of you. Your collection of dishes is fantastic...and so colorful. I love the bird plates....love the different shades of green too. I love to see you have so much fun with all of this...really I do, I get so tickled every time I come over here.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!