Friday, June 18, 2010

Estate Sale Fun!

Whew!  I am I exhausted!  Today has been a very busy day and full of sooo much fun!  I started out my morning with a 3 mile walk with my neighbor.  We are both really trying to stay committed to our walks but only manage about 3 days a week.  She works and and has a young daughter with a very active schedule.  I am so thankful for the days that we can make it.  I really should do more on my own but just can't seen to commit to it like I should.   But I feel good that I was committed to it enough to put our walk before my trip to the estate sale.


Yes, that's right, we had a local estate sale in our community that was advertised online on FB.  It is going to be a two day tag sale.  I was so happy to hear that!  I really don't do auctions, too nerve wracking!  This company actually had already posted pictures online of items available for sale and many people where asking prices and they were giving them out.  I was thinking Oh no, this is going to be a out of my league!  I had already spotted a few things online I was really interested in but thought for sure they would be gone by the time I got there and that there would be many resale professionals who would beat me to the door anyway.  So, I really didn't worry too much about it and went on my morning walk and got there about 9:30am.  The sale started about 8:00.  I knew the room I wanted to find right off from the pictures so I went to that room first and dug right in!  Here are my treasures!






The very first thing I picked up was this beautiful white ceramic soup tureen.  I have wanted one of these after seeing all the lovely soup tureens everyone else has in blogland.  I saw this online with the sale pictures they advertised and set out to get it. The online photos were only whole room shots without any closeup photos.  I was really hoping this would be all that I was imaging it was.


I certainly think it was and more!  I thought for sure it would be too expensive, but it was marked $10.00 so I immediately picked it up.  An older gentlemen had leaned over to look at the price when I was picking it up and then he turned to his wife and said, "Well, she just got it!"  The wife said, how much was it?"  When he told her she said, "Well I guess so that was a good deal!"  I was so pleased to get this!


It is quite large to say the least.  Perfect condition with no chips and the ladle!  It has raised vegetables on the lid and vine or stem like handles.  It would actually hold and serve a nice pot of soup!  I love it!  Here's the markings on the bottom!  Italy...oohh la la!


Well the next thing I picked up is not the next thing I wanted!  I was holding back!  So I wandered around and saw this cute little table clothe for $3.00.  Of course if you follow me at all you know I love plaids of any kind and so this I had to have.


Then the next thing I got was actually part of a set, but priced separately.  There was a matching smaller pot too!  I noticed a crack in that pot so I only got this larger one.  It was $6.00 with the plant included.  Now if you have ever priced nice pots and plants you know that was a steal!


Ooops!  Sorry I just realized it's not part of the original goods photos but I never even brought it in today.  I set it down on the back deck in it's new home right away!


Okay, now it's time for the final purchase from this sale!  It was sitting next to the soup tureen with several other matching pieces.  I also saw this online and wanted to check these out as well.  I even left the sale and drove away then turned around and went back to get it! Yes, you guessed it, it's rooster #3!


Rooster # 3 is beautiful and Fitz and Floyd no less!  I was so excited to see that these were F&F as I actually have several F&F Christmas pieces that I adore!  I hedged on this because it was $15.00.  I thought that was a good deal but need the reassurance!  It is actually a pitcher and stands 13" tall!  Not a chip or scratch on it either.  There was a matching coffee pot for $15.00 and the salt & peppers for $10.00 that I passed on.


My big dilemma here is there were also some very large Woodland Bunnies by F&F that I held back on!  I really keep thinking I need to go back tomorrow and try and claim one if it's still there.  Should I, or should I just ride it out!  The bunnies would be used once a year but would add so much to the rest of my F&F pieces and are so cute! I have already spent more then I wanted to so I am so torn!

Well, let's move back a few days this week to the day I went out with my mom to an antique store.  They were loaded with so many pretty china sets but I wasn't looking for that and was just browsing.  However, I couldn't pass up these sweeties for $1.75 each.


I just fell in love with the pattern and the price!  They are actually very sturdy tin bowls.  There were 3, but one was slightly scratched so I passed it by.  The check out lady was so surprised to see these for this price she jumped when I told her there was still one more I didn't want.  She immediately went back to get it for herself.  LOL!  These pictures really do not do these bowls justice!


The bottom of the bowls are stamped with this!  It says, Daher Decorated Ware.  1971  Designed by Daher, Long Island - NY 11101 Made in England, REGD. DES 951942.
I'm not sure what that means but it looked good to me!  LOL!


That's my great deals this week!  What do think, pretty sweet huh?
No!  Wait!  I got a few more excellent deals today! I almost forgot to tell ya!  I told you I was exhausted earlier because I spent the rest of the day shopping some more.  I am going to bend the rules on this blog party just a bit and show you this retail deal too!  You just have to see these to good to be true finds!

Yes, this is not a mistake! I bought these today! And what a deal!


I got this warrior trident from Party City..originally $9.99 for only $2.39!

And these two pieces of fabric from Hancock Fabrics clearance remnants for only $1.28 cents total after tax! Can you believe that? They were only .49 cents a yard.This black piece is slightly less then 2 yards and the red one is slightly less then a half of a yard.

Now , I know what you are thinking!  Has she lost her mind?  Has she gone goth!  NO!  But I will only tell you this...it has to do with a little fun we are having this weekend at the Sailing Club!  I can't tell you more then that as I hope to do another post on this.  So you'll just have to come back next week!  My point in showing you was this, how lucky is it when you actually need something this off the wall to go in and find what you are looking for on clearance!  That doesn't happen often but when it does.  Woohoo!

I hope you can see how great my day was!  Please let me know what you think of these deals!  I love to hear from you!  So leave me a comment, okay?  Also please be sure and check out more great finds at the following linky parties...you will be amazed!


http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ at Nifty Thrify Tuesday

18 comments:

  1. you did GREAT~!! Love that rooster the best , of course.. That soup tureen is amazing and especially at that price..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great buy on that tureen. My tureen that I got on Ebay is an Elios. That is so cool that you got one by the same company. I love mine. You sure got some nice things. I would love to go to an estate sale some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tureen is beautiful! I have a lovely one from Poland that I had above my cabinets before. My new cabinets are so darn tall, that I don't know if they will work! The white is just gorgeous!

    I am so curious about the skull stuff! Are you wearing a patch and saying, "Aaarrgghhh!" Can't wait to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes pretty sweet I would say....I have to say the last scores are my favorite...I do not think you know but I love Halloween...I know not the greatest holiday pursay but I love the thrill of it for the kids so I go all out. Your tureen is awesome, I want one, but still come up with nothing! Thanks for linking up....Have a a wonderful weekend....and yes that makes Rooster number three...girl you are in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and did I say THank you for joining...yes thank you so much for joining in:)Debbiedoos

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did fantastic! I love the tureen and that rooster is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

    You've sparked my curiosity with the pirate goodies, I'll be looking for that post next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go back for the bunnies - you'll regret it if you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great buy on the tureen, I saw one at GW yesterday and passed on it they wanted 6.00 for it and it was missing the ladle...hmmm wonder if it is still there?

    Love the rooster and tablecloth what deals you got...I'd go back and get the bunnie, you will pass up a good deal if you don't and maybe they will have lower prices on them:)

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the tureen is wonderful and great price. I love the Rooster also and for a F&F not a bad price!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your soup tureen, what a steal that was! And your rooster too:) I say go back for the bunnies or you'll kick yourself later on!!!

    I love the chirping birdie sounds on your blog, so peaceful:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The soup tureen is my favorite. Love the veggies on it. And Rondell must have been at the same GW as me because I too saw a tureen for $6 without the ladle!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What awesome finds you made this week!!! I just can't get over the prices! I need to go with you! I feel a pirate adventure coming on...with the fabric and fork thingy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great find with the tureen and rooster! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That soup tureen was a great deal. Tag sales are much easier than auctions (as I found out this weekend)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found a soup tureen too but mine is missing the ladle. I'm hoping to find one sometime!! I love your rooster and you yellow and white table cover. I wish I could find some great deals like that pot for my deck!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing finds! I love the colors in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found a soup tureen that still had the ladle?! Now that IS amazing. I would love to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my...love the tureen! What a good deal too! The rooster is fabulous...such pretty colors.
    You sure know how to shop girl.
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!