Monday, June 21, 2010

Red, White and Blue Monday Porch Party



Are you thinking red, white and blue yet?   I have been, quite a bit lately!  I am the cruising fleet events coordinator for our  sailing club this year and we are hosting yet another party for the fourth of July.  My thoughts have been on Independence Day overload with planning,  but I will share more on that later!  This post is all about my own home!


I have several things in in the works for this special time of the year!  Today I was able to complete the first of what I hope to be several posts in celebration of "Independence Day".  After my usual hectic Monday chores, I was able to prepare the front porch.  Lucky for me, I didn't even spend a dime on this transformation as I already had everything on hand.  With a few easy switches and rearranging this is my Fourth of July front porch!


I started with simply adding a few small flags to the milk can.



Then my sassy rooster received a sporty new "blue" bow with sparkly gold trim!




Then I swapped out my multicolored flowers for these white flowers in a blue hanging basket.  I haven't been able to find a permanent place for this arrangement yet after putting it together several weeks ago, so I am happy to have it here for now.  I found this fantastic basket at a consignment store and the flowers were from a Kirklands.  I love it!




The front door got a new look I put together with an extra grapevine wreath I had and flowers.
  I even had the bow already!  It only need a little fluffing!




Then I swapped my oil lanterns out with these "blue" candle lanterns I had in the back!


So glad I gave them a fresh coat of paint this year!


And finally, I had nothing to do with this one but mother nature did!  My big beautiful red geranium has decided to bloom again, right on queue!  For some reason it has been sitting bloom less for some time. 



  Sorry, I am really having a time photographing true reds!
They are not this orange and really are very red and beautiful!



That's how I spent a part of my Monday!  Hope you like it and hope your getting inspired too!
Everyone loves a little red, white and blue!

I am joining the following parties today.
http://rhondisrosecoloredglasses.blogspot.com/ for Rhondis 3rd Summer Porch Party

Be sure and check out all the other great posts from the links above!
Thanks for coming by!  I would love to hear from you!

19 comments:

  1. What a great porch! I love all your seating...everything looks so friendly and inviting. Love your red, white, and blue! Looks like you're ready to celebrate! Thanks for sharing!
    Sharlotte
    Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love that Apple Green server!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very thoughtful and delightful blue items...
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your front porch Mary...it certainly is festive....and that cute little rooster looks great sporting a blue and glittery bow....I think your photos are great too!!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blue lanterns sure added.

    Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I love those blue lanterns and Mister Rooster's new bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gorgeous porch! I see a cute Rooster! All I can say is I love your porch and hooray for the red, white and blue! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your porch is so colorful and welcoming. It would be a great place to sit with a cold drink and a good magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is soooo warm and cozy!


    Have a great day!

    Moving forward
    xoxo,
    fickle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your Independence Day colors added to your wonderful porch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your porch is so inviting and festive! I love your patriotic theme, and I think it looks like the perfect place to sit and enjoy life. You did a great job getting it all ready for the porch party and Blue Monday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your red white and blue touches make your already lovely porch look very festive. Thanks fo rjoining my party!
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a welcoming front porch. Make sure you take a few minutes of R and R to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your porch is just wonderful and I love everything you have done to decorate it. Just fantastic. I would be sitting there all the time, it is so pretty and so inviting. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Love this porch. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved all you did with the red, white and blues. It would be nice being a guest at one of your porch parties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. I love the porch and the surrounding area. Love how you used a red white and blue theme. Perfect for this time of year!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very welcoming porch, or space to sit and watch the world pass by.
    Small touches add up to big impact.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your front porch! Happy Blue Monday... on Friday! Finally getting to everyone! ...Karen

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!