Tuesday, August 17, 2010

On a Hot Summers Night!

  I have a tale to tell, from the great outdoors today.  It's a story that's been told many times over, and yes it's a story of before and after!

If your a regular follower you have heard me recently complain about our upstairs AC unit leaking freon and needing repair.  Well...turns out it was much bigger then just leaking freon.  It actually was going to need a new cooling coil unit..in layman terms that means big bucks! 



 The problem was the repair was going to cost quite a bit with no guarantee that the rest of the system would continue to work well with the new parts.  The system had apparently seen better days at only 10yrs old!  They sure don't make them like they used to yall!  So here's what went down..



Here's a close up of our Old Miss Upstairs unit after her breakdown.  I actually thought she looked much better then Mr. Downstairs unit next to her.  I certainly hope Mr. Downstairs didn't hear me say that!  Miss Upstairs must have agreed with me though and decided they needed to part ways.



Because this afternoon, Mr. Downstairs met a New Miss Upstairs right after Old Miss Upstairs left and invited her to move on in.  Even though she is much more petite in size he has heard she is very energy efficient and he likes how cute she looks by his side.
   



I bet before long he will probably be thinking, "How will I ever keep up with this new young thing?"
I'm certainly hoping he will figure it out and everybody can cool down again. 

I am joining Debbie and friends at http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
for her Before & After Party
for Outdoor Wednesday


BEFORE
AFTER

















Happy Wednesday Everyone!   Stay Cool!
Mary

13 comments:

  1. See... things are already looking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute love story and I hope everything is cool now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the cool bliss! Hope you are feeling better. La

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. what a cute story.. I too hope all is COOL at your house and that the affair between mr. old unit and Ms New Unit goes on happily for many years..

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Only I can really enjoy this post as we have an 18 yr. old unit that groans and churns really loud everytime it stops. You can hear it all the way down the block. Enjoy.

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so glad you got a new one. No AC is really hard to bear. I just keep praying that ours lasts. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary I bet you could have thought of a million other ways to spend the money on a before and after...but hey a girl has to be "COOL"!~ Speaking of cool I can't believe I was on HGTV again...that just amazes me....someone surely has to discover me..."My phone has not rang yet"!!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay cool! I hope Mr/ downstairs is adjusting to new Miss upstairs!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this couple looks more suited(size height, color, etc), so it was meant to be. Too the ex, well she sounded like high maintenance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing worse than your ac not working in the summertime!!! Hope you are enjoying your new ac unit - it is hot outside today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look very happy together! We had to get a new unit last year and it is happily chugging away right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, thank goodness it all worked out! There's nothing worse than sitting around sweating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me giggle. Greta tale of the two ac's. I too hope he can keep up! lolHave a blessed week. Hope you can come by for a visit. Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!