Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Official Fall Decorating Day

Yay! Yippee!  Hoo-Rah!  For me, it is officially time to put out the fall decorating!  I also have all of you to thank for that! I have finally come up with an official time for allowing myself to set out the fall decor!  I am declaring August 31st my official (it's Okay) to put it all out day!


Part of my fall decorating dilemma has always been in the way I have approached decorating for the fall season.  Well, thanks to my blogging friends and just looking at all of your beautiful fall inspirations, I have had a revelation as to what has been causing the problem of when to begin.  The following photos should give you an insight into my dilemma, let's take a look.


I have pulled out my fall decorating boxes here.  Do you notice anything about this?



I have my box full of Halloween goodies and...


My box full of Thanksgiving Decor!

Therein lies my problem ladies. I have no FALL box!  All my fall decor is mixed between these two boxes.  I am changing that this year, and creating a fall decor box too.  This will be the things that come out early and pack up only when Christmas rolls around.  DUH!!!

Okay, so now on to look at a few changes I have already made this morning!  I'm starting with the breakfast table.  I only made a very few simple changes.  I love easy changes, don't you?




Some things stayed the same and some things changed.





I changed out the glass candle holder that I was using to this one I already had.  It already had the raffia bow on it.  Then  I added these glass stones from my stash of pebbles, but kept my green candle because I just love the color.
 

I confess, I also changed out the glass container because I broke this one while trying to wash it.  Oh well, at least it was only a $1.00 purchase from a yard sale this summer.  Honestly, it really was a very thin glass to begin with and was bound to happen sooner or later.  The one I'm using now is nice and thick.  Lesson learned to those of yall who pay full retail, don't buy thin glass!  LOL!


I had a small summer floral on here before that I changed out to this small fall urn recently purchased from Michaels.  Love it!  Easy peasy swap!



Then I changed out my napkins from the black and white check to these that have fruit in more fallish colors.  I also added the wooden napkin holders for a more earthy look.






Here's the two main changes side by side.  So simple and just the right change.  I love these pebbles!  They are slightly red, yellow and almost a bit of brown  irredescent.  Because of the color they can be used for so many different seasons.  I have used them for Christmas decor too!  So versatile!

Now one more peek at another area I will be working on today.  Actually I'm going to be working on the whole house today but I'm sure it will continue to evolve weekly.  Please be sure and visit Marty @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ for Tabletop Tuesday and for more beautiful vignettes.




  How about you?  Have you totally started fall decorating yet?  Do you have an official time in your head about when to begin?  I would love to hear your thoughts on this too!
Happy Tabletop Tuesday!
Mary

12 comments:

  1. Mary, it is looking good. Love your simple changes. I have only done the basket on the table. I am in the mood to do more, but am waiting. We are going out of town this weekend anyway and I have lots to do. I will add more when we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I am so not ready for fall though.. living in the Bay Area of California, we have not really had much summer yet. Maybe I can hold off fall for just a few weeks longer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yepper I am in the process...takes me a full week or so....I LOVES it so much. Started with my bedroom which you saw, now making my way around here and there. I want more stuff every year that is the problem! Love your decor, goes perfectly in your warm home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed your post. It was an inspiration. Like you I am gradually putting out some of my Fall decor. I think for so many this has been such a HOT summer that Fall will hopefully bring some temp relief.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table with the lazy susan, and your changes are so simple and so perfect. Love that lime candle and the pebbles are fantastic. The urn is wonderful. I keep looking for one that isn't so expensive, however, I havn't found one yet. Your arrangement in it is stunning. The napkins are super too. Now as for the sneak peek, it looks great already, wherever it is. Can't wait to see. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo funny! I have seen everyone else start their fall decorating and I LOVE fall like nobody's business but for some reason I just can't start until Sept. 1 or at least the evening of Aug. 31! Nice to know I'm not the only one! I love seeing all your fall decor and some more glimpses into your lovely home!
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty changes Mary!
    I love your table centerpiece it's just the right amount for early autumn. I am waiting a bit this year because I am not quite ready to give up my summer.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Hero~!! Thank you for officially making aug.31st OK to Fall Decor day:) now if i had just known this before 9 pm lol...
    oh well as Scarlett would say " Tommorrow is another day" .. Now i have to get my big ole box of fall stuff inside and start decorating..
    Hope I can get in the right mood since it'll be 90 tommorrow...
    Your vignettes are so pretty and I love your lazy susan.. I always wanted one of those.

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good there!!!! I just can't do it yet! I love fall! It is my favorite season, but I just can't do it while it is 97 degrees!!! I am like you... I have a lot of Halloween and Thanksgiving, but not necessarily fall decor. Time to buy an new bin and start filling it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your fall changes and love your idea of a "fall" box! I just picked up 2 taper candles the same color as yours! I was thinking maybe a pear fall tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!! And you make me want to whip out my fall decorations. But, I will not/can not until I do some fall cleaning. I agree about the boxes for decorations. I have all of mine INCLUDING the two holidays together. I need to fix that in this year's fall organizing binge.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!