Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Feeling Fall ish?

Can you feel it yet?  That slight shift, that ever, ever so slight, cooler breeze.  Maybe it's just my sailor side coming out, looking in expectation, but I certainly am feeling it.  Last night while sitting on the deck as hot as it was, when the wind would blow, I swear it felt just a little bit cooler.  Now I do live in the south and it is August here so I know full well not to get excited but I just can't help myself.  The winds of change are creeping in my soul.  I am looking forward to fall and all it's glorious colors!


I want to change out my existing vignettes so bad to fall but it's just not quite time yet.  It all started with a gift I purchased for my girlfriends birthday.  I promised you I'd show you after she received it.  So here it is and just in case you are wondering, she loved it.


I knew she would just fall in love with this candle basket.  Her home is decorated in a rustic style that is gorgeous.  I will try to feature it one day soon.  I found the basket w/glass insert at Marshalls and the large scented candle to go inside from Ross.


This is what started the change for me!  This beautiful candle with all it's texture and color.  I haven't been able to get that feeling out of my mind.  Since it's not quite time for me to switch over everything, I have decided to make a slow approach starting with small changes.  The coffee table that used to look like this...

Now looks like this below...

It not quite a fall scene but has some elements of fall creeping in, can you spot them?




I kept this small hydrangea and shells for now, it is still August remember?


The warmth of this basket really speaks the coming of fall for me.  I already had this as it used to sit above our TV cabinet.  It has a bottom that is in the middle of the basket making it more like a stand.  I can reverse this for different uses too.  I just loved how nicely the hurricane jar sat inside.


My new tray also adds such depth and warmth and is a wonderful addition for holding extras, like this candle snuffer I've had for some time.  I love beaded things, and the red and rust colors on this also seem very fallish to me.




This little bird that I got on vacation has flown from the dining room where it's been waiting patiently.  The colors on this piece really say fall to me!  Wouldn't you agree?



I just had to light the candle after setting this up!  That's another fall thing for me, warm scented candles glowing on a cool afternoon.  Are ya feeling it yet?


Okay, if that doesn't do it for you, how about this vignette below.


You may have seen this in my rooster post but I don't think I've shown it yet.  Do you remember these oil jars I got from GW awhile back.  Well, I've had them set up this way in the kitchen for several weeks now and maybe that's whats spurring this desire for fall as well.


I just love the contrast of these rich golds and reds next to the rusts of this metal vase.


Such warmth here, I can hardly wait to add more of these colors around this fall! 




I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back to see more again when I really start changing it up.  I'm trying really hard to wait!  How about you?  Are you getting excited yet?  I sure am!

Please be sure and visit http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
for Tabletop Tuesday
and more wonderful inspiring vignettes!

Please be sure and leave me a comment if you stop by, I always enjoy hearing from you!
Happy Tuesday!
Mary

15 comments:

  1. Your table top vignette looks gorgeous!! Great job! I guess I need to join that party once! Accessorizing is not my best talent. I have to copy what others have done to make it look right but with my accessories!!

    I can't wait to see your friend's home. My family room is bordering on more rustic to please the men in my life so I could use some inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow! Such a beautiful tabletop Mary. I just love it all. The tray is perfect and the basket with the candle - very warm. I love the gift for your friend. I was just at Marshalls and Ross yesterday and I think I would have remembered seeing that. Oh well. I'll just have to go back!
    I'm with you - I've never been more ready to start my Fall transformation. Sadly, we are in yet another heat wave this week in South Jersey. Boohoo!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary,
    happy Tuesday to you too..

    I love what you;ve done on your coffee table.. especially the beachy candle scape.. and that birdie you have is so adorable..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is my favorite time of year! La

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is probably the only thing I like these days about the change of the seasons {and living somewhere that we can fully experience them} is changing out the decor and not having to do yard work for six months. We have had so much humidity this Summer it's been horrible. So next time you feel some cooler air ~ send some up this way! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am with you. I am so ready for fall. Your coffee table is fabulous and what a super idea to put the hurricane inside a basket. I absolutely love the look. Your tray is lovely. Now the jars do really make me think of fall. I have a few in my kitchen too and even if it is August, I just have to have some of the fall colors. They are definitely my favorite. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I'm in love with the gift you purchase for your friend!!! I love the basket!!! Yes! I'm so ready for fall to be here! I've already bought all of the fall scents tarts from Yankee Candle, a cute halloween hand towel from Cracker Barrel, and matching halloween pj's for the boys at Carters. If you don't get that stuff early it's gone when you go back! I'm going to blog about it soon! hehe! I love the big change to your coffee table too! wow! It looks amazing! A big difference!!!

    Take care!!!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty vignettes, but I am not feeling any sign or piece of fall here yet. Extremely hot and sticky. I sure am ready though. Hurry up fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha Mary we are so much alike...I am itching I tell ya..but it is too early! I am doing a little here and there....love your coffee table vignette it is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I can definitely see the transition, Mary. I love the snuffer and the bird and love your whole tabletop vignette....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your new arrangement. It looks so warm and inviting. I'd love it on my own table. Please send some cooler weather our way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous vignettes and I'm happy to see the shells are still there. You've added such depth and the wish for Fall to arrive is evident. I'm with you, a little cooler weather would be nice right about now. When I lived on the Gulf, this didn't happen until late October, I'm looking forward to the difference here on the East coast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, but my shells stay out all year long, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much Mary for your help!!! That was easier than I thought!!!hehe!!! I'm lovin you new blog design!!!! I want a new blog design too but I'm cheap! lol!!!! I really like the banner!!! That's my fav girl!!! I love making banners!

    Take care!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty vignettes! I LOVE the wood tray with the large handles!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!