Monday, November 22, 2010

Thrifty Christmas Decorating

I have been very busy accumulating a few new things for Christmas this year.  Would you believe that I really haven't updated my Christmas decor for some time?  I mean I've added a few new things here and there for years but have not changed up the main look towards a whole new direction in some time.   

This year I have finally decided to go for the lime green Christmas look and I am just so excited about it, that I just have to show you bits and pieces.  I have been a plaid Christmas decorator for some time and I will still keep quite a bit of that but I am going to attempt to bring in some lime green now too!  If you know me, it should be no surprise there.  I actually have a wonderful deep lime green master bedroom, two limish green bathrooms, and many lime green clothes!   I just love that color! 

I don't think it will be too obvious but it will be different for sure!  Let me show you a few things I have recently purchased to work towards that direction.  Last week I went to Hobby Lobby and was quite pleased to see they were having a 50% off sale, then I went to Carolina Pottery and picked up a few more items I was looking for, here's last weeks haul.

I have done the candy theme on a small scale in my kitchen for years but this year I am ramping it up a bit and adding that in the den some too.  I really think that the candy look will be complimentary to the lime green as well as all my Santa's.  Well, I hope so anyway!

Aren't these some of the cutest ornaments you have seen in some time?  I thought so, especially at 50% off!

I have greenery already but am going to actually use it more and add a bit more filler to it too.  I usually just do a very berry look, but this year that's changing too.  Again more greenery was 50% off from Hobby Lobby.   It was certainly worth the drive this year!

OK, here's my new ribbons I plan to use somehow this year.  The red, white and lime green tulle ribbon on the bottom spools were from Hobby Lobby at 50% off.  I am still unsure as to how it's all going to come together but I am getting there.  There is 100 yards on each of these spools.   I have got to be able to use that!  What a deal!  The green spool on the top was from Carolina Pottery and only 20% off but, Oh, so pretty and sparkly!

Speaking of Carolina Pottery, I got these ornaments from there too, I just love them!  So cute and just look, it's lime green on those red flat balls!

Here they are up close in front of my bag that has something else I got from there.   You'll just have to wait to see that after I am finished decorating.  It's a surprise!

Today I made it out one more time before getting back to the Thanksgiving preparations.  I went out looking  for items to update my outdoor wreath.  It's getting the lime green treatment too of course.  I only needed to go to one store for this, though! 

This is what I picked up to update my front door wreath from the Dollar Tree, woohoo!  Yep, only $1.00 each!  I'm going to do a little change on some of this too.

And check this out!  No, I didn't buy this to use to display my Christmas balls.  I bought this to use while working on my Christmas decor.  I also like to paint Christmas balls and this is a perfect piece to use to let them hang while drying.  It was actually even marked down to .25cents.  I may need to go back to get another one so I can do assembly line painting.  LOL!

And finally, I have to let you peek at these too!  I also found these at the Dollar Tree.  I plan to do something wonderful to use them inside, just you wait and see!

I confess I usually do not shop for new Christmas decor this early but I am so glad I did.  I especially love that I have found such interesting things to update our Christmas decor this year at such a bargain too.  I like to decorate the day after Thanksgiving (well really the whole weekend) after Black Friday shopping.  I can hardly wait to get started now!

I am linking to the following parties to share my wonderful holiday deals.
and

Hope you are getting in the holiday spirit too!  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope all of you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Mary



14 comments:

  1. I think your lime green color scheme is going to be very neat! I can't wait to see it.

    I try to shop the sales after Christmas for ornaments and such, but the temptation before is too much! I really haven't gotten out much but I know I will be going nuts when I do!!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Mary!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, cute cute stuff. Can't wait to see what you do with all of it. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary -I can hear the excitement in your posting -it does get fun when you get new things and plan how you can use them with the older treasured holiday decorations. I love lime green too -the color of our living room walls. Wal- mart has a lot of lime green decorations too-I love the red Chritsmas balls you have with the red dots -too cute and that will pull everything together . I am leaning toward silver /mercury glass/mirrors /black and lime green --can't wait to see your surprises :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the candy theme! It's going to look amazing. I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anxious to see when you are all done. Love the polka dot ornies.

    Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't updated my Christmas decor in years, but I agree, it's time! I love the lime green!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are going to have some fun! You've got so many darling ornaments and things to work with. Can't wait to see what all you do!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many beautiful things you finds. I like your Christmas decor:))
    Greetings from Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun playing with your new Christmas decor. I can't wait to see how it all comes together, especially the wreaths.

    Happy Thanksgiving! La

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think I would like the green but I do!! Those are great decorations and how cute a candy theme would be in a kitchen. Hmmmm.....

    I bought two of those wreaths at Dollar Tree and another of the double glass candle vase things. Plus some collapseable containers to organize the pantry. For $15, I got a whole slew of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see everything put together!!! Love your new decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, boy, what fun you’re going to have creating things with those goodies. Great finds and I can't wait to see what you do with all of it!

    Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those colors Mary, did them last year and they are happy!!~ Cute ornaments, can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am doing a candy theme this year too (been working my way up to it for several years as I collected it). Cute haul! I wish we had a HL and CP here in Jersey.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!