Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Decorating

I just love Thanksgiving!  Since I've been preparing my silver for the holidays and getting things ready around the house I thought you might like a peek of my latest holiday decorating.

In the den on my mantle I've made a few changes.


I replaced the plates with these adorable checked pumpkins that I got this year from Target.  Then I put out my old crow candle votives.  I just love how whimsical they are!


I'm still enjoying my wonderful scented apple candle from All that Glitters.  Then I added this Autumn Greetings sign that I've had forever.  It used to be on a stake but fell off years ago, works right here for me.

In the dining room I had to tweak this area a bit after seeing someone from last weeks Tabletop Tuesday use scarves for fall vignettes.  So, I pulled out my genuine mohair wool scarf from Ireland.  It was a gift brought back by a coworker when I used to be a travel agent, many,many years ago.  I just love the warmth it adds to this vignette on the marble tabletop.

These sweet little birdies wanted to sit in my silver leaf tray for a bit before the festivities.

Ahhh, so cozy!


Sorry for the glare, but I've decided to display one of my silver platters all nicely shined over here.

My sweet little pumpkin with the bible verse sits here next to my Pilgrims under the cloche.

 I also decided to get a little crafty and add a printed vintage graphics card to my tray.  I have this image on my sidebar to if you'd like to use it also.

I just love the message on this Thanksgiving Menu!


My china cabinet got a bit of rearranging too.  Yes, I am still enjoying doing that!

Displaying both of my new Lenox Patterns now on the top shelf.

A few more pieces of silver I hope to use for Thanksgiving that cleaned up really well.  Hopefully being inside the cabinet they will not tarnish as fast before the holidays.

The black toile plates that I had on the fireplace have been paired with my green wheat plates.  Yes, I had to go back and get two more.  I just love this pattern!


And my foyer got a few changes too.

It's quite welcoming to me!  Will somebody please finish up the red hots, okay? I need to make way for mints soon.

I am joining Marty today at Tabletop Tuesday.  I hope you stop by and visit this party to see all the other great vignettes.  Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
Mary

17 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary! Everything is so beautiful! Love your vignette with the turkey platter!! Your china cabinet is set up so prettily. I need to change mine. I love seeing your home.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'morn ~ What simply beautiful vignettes ... love the Irish scarf, nothing better than a wee touch of Erie.

    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the changes Mary!!! The scarf table looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great Mary! Lovin' your china cabinet, the display is very pretty:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful decor. Love it all. The black toile plates are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your home looks so lovely paired with your blog! Pretty decor, love the black and white plates with the green ones, and how sweet to offer the image on your sidebar, I will have to see what I can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is so pretty, Mary! I love all of your Thanksgiving decor, especially the turkey plates! You have a nice collection! And I love how you have your china cabinet arranged. The pilgrims under the cloche are sweet!! Lots of great things to ooh and aah over here!!

    Have a great week!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love it all. Every picture was my favorite. Love all your gorgeous dishes, the pilgrims, the wonderful pumpkins, the turkey platter and of course all of your cloches. As I said, it is all wonderful and I love it. Thanks so much for the fabulous eye candy and for linking to TTT. Hugs Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary! You just saved the day for me! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to use under my Thanksgiving centerpiece and seeing that scarf reminded me of one I have that will be PERFECT! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous home with us and for inspiring me today! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks warm and inviting. Happy Thanksgiving! La

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, that scarf idea is great. I'm heading for my closet right after I post here. Love the wire cloche and the little characters inside the glass one.

    I think the chargers are a lovely shade of green. You can use them in the fall and in the spring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the checked pumpkins. Everything looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so pretty! I love your turkey platter and your black toile plates.Saw some on sale this summer and went back 2 days later and they were gone!!
    Your old black crow is too cute!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so pretty. I love those checked pumpkins, and your pilgrims and verse pumpkin under the cloche are so sweet. We have the same turkey platter. I was trying to get a better look at the turkey that I think is a tea pot. That looks so unique. I love it! Wonderful Fall vignettes. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see you are getting ready for Thanksgiving!! Everything looks so nice especially that new hutch!! Thanks for stopping by. My pillows aren't anything fancy as I couldn't find any trim on clearance that would work. But overall I think they give it a nice finished look. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to smile because you have some of the same wall colors as I do. I have aqua in one room and yellow in two.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!