Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Table

Thanksgiving at our house is typically a casual affair with just a touch of formality.  How can it not be somewhat formal?  Giving thanks for all of God's blessings just like our forefathers did many years ago is just so rich with tradition.  It is a day that commands thoughtfulness and appreciation!

I am very happy to have finished setting the table and preparing the dining room this early.  Now I have plenty of time to finish planning and preparing the meal.   I'm posting this early because I'm sure to be too busy next week and since I always get so much inspiration from all of your tablescapes I hope to return the favor.  As in, if there's anything you see here you might want to use, you still have time!  LOL!

I used my gold damask tablecloth layered with a checked black and beige fabric for the runner.




As I said, it's casual at our house and I am so thrilled to be able to use our newest casual dinnerware.  The Franciscan Ivy is sure to be our annual Thanksgiving china service now since it holds so many fond memories for both my husband and me.

I started with the Ivy dinner plates


Then switched out to my newest Lenox salad plates, although these will actually be our dessert plates for this meal.  I am sure we will want lots of plate space for sweets.  I don't serve salad at Thanksgiving anyway.


Then on the very top I used the ivy bread plates.

I decided to use both brown and green embroidered napkins for this tablescape.


I also mixed crystal with glass drinkware, a bit of casual with formality remember?

Stainless from my wedding.

I  printed out these fabulous place markers from one of our blogging friends at The Graphics Fairy.  Just pop on over to her site and copy off some for yourself.

This is how they print out.  She showed how she used these as napkin rings also.  Very neat idea!

I have serving pieces ready on the main table as well as my side tables.


A little touch of silver here and there.


I used my cloche for the centerpiece again.  Are you getting tired of seeing it yet?  I am!

Don't worry I will put away the cloche for Christmas, I promise.  But come on, the pilgrims are just too cute aren't they?


On the marble side table I have set up additional serving pieces.


What would Thanksgiving be without a gravy boat?

A casserole dish.


And a basket for dinner rolls!

On the sideboard, bit's of holiday decor will mix with desserts.


I just found this at a local store, Carolina Pottery, the other day, I just love it!


Can you imagine a pumpkin pie here?  Yum!  I can hardly wait!





Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, are you ready yet?

 Please be sure and visit Tablescape Thursday for many more beautiful tablescapes and I am almost positive there will be a lot more Thanksgiving inspiration to see as well.

Thanks for visiting today!
Mary



30 comments:

  1. Well, I for one am not tired of a cloche centerpiece. I love them,and your Pilgrim one is my favorite thing on the table. Noticed it right away!

    Those ivy dishes make a perfect Thanksgiving table. I also like the way you sandwiched the Lenox one in between them. That looks great.

    And you're right. Thanksgiving is just not quite Thanksgiving without the gravy boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary your Thanksgiving table is beautiful! Lots of inspiration!

    Since our kids will be here Sunday, I'll set ours Saturday and try to get some pictures to post for Marty's Tabletop Tuesday. I did a tiny Christmas table today, for Susan's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, just beautiful!! I love each and every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, that is so pretty. We are casual, too. I don't host it this year, but do have family coming from out of town. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy have you been busy. Your table is stunning. When is dinner? =) I love everything about your table...now I need to try and replicate something similar. I love the cloche taking center stage, just beautiful! Thanks for sharing! XO ~Liz

    P.S. Thank you for commenting on my blog post! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty table, Mary. I love the color scheme and your dishes are so perfect for Thanksgiving. And of course we are not tired of your cloche...it commands attention on this table!! Very nicely done!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! Your table is so beautiful! Love those Franciscan Ivy dishes. I don't think I've ever seen the covered casserole before! I have the Desert Rose pattern. You've thought of every detail and it shows.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks lovely. I especially love your cloche. Happy Thanksgiving! La

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dining room and tablescape is gorgeous! Love the little place cards...very cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just stunning Mary!
    I think your table is so elegant and I adore the cloche centerpiece!
    Marty has a cloche party so you don't want to put those cloches away yet!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhh, Mary, I love the green touches & such an elegant table scape. Your decorations are scrumptious.
    Have a beautiful & blessed Thanksgiving holiday ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is gorgeous. Love your linens together and the china is such a beautiful pattern. Now don't you dare put that gorgeous cloche away, we're having a Christmas Cloche party on Dec. 10th. I love it as your centerpiece. Your buffet is decorated so beautifully too. I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty table! The green looks so nice on a Thanksgiving table. Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely perfect table setting you have created just in time for the holidays. I just love all of the different textures. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that you used the green in your tablescape.That is what I was going to do instead of the traditional fall colors.Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful table...love those ivy plates.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very, VERY pretty! I ♥ the cloche with the pilgrims beneath & adore the little saying on the pumpkin, too.
    Your Franciscan Ivy dinnerware is soooo special. It reminds me of my Grandmother's home for some reason, although I know she didn't have this pattern.

    Your beautiful dining room set makes me want to cry...I had almost the exact same set & I let my DD talk me into selling it when we moved to FL. "Get new Florida, style, Mom!" *sigh* I could just kick myself for listening to her. My clear glass & wrought iron with Parsons chairs don't have anywhere near the class & elegance of what you have. *double sigh* Maybe someday, I'll replace it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your table~ we have a casual Thanksgiving too! Love that you used your ivy plates! Hope you & your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a wonderful Holiday Mary. Your table is outstanding. You did not miss a beat. What a cute cloche centerpiece, so detailed too. Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mary!
    What a lovely post -- your table looks fabulous; love the Franciscan Ivy china. And if those darling silver Salt & Peppers ever get tired of living at your house, I know where they can find a good home!

    You have a lovely dining room too -- the colors are so calm and pretty. Very nice!

    And I never serve salad on thanksgiving either! Just doesn't seem to fit, y'know? I don't think the Pilgrims had much arugula or balsamic vinegar at theirs. :-)

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  21. Am I ready for thanksgiving??? Are you crazy????? No way! My kitchen is in pieces! :-)

    Love your table and vignettes! I have really enjoyed Graphics Fairy. She has so many great things.

    Thanks for stopping by my crazy kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tablescape is lovely...I can just imagine the wonderful time your family will have visiting around it on Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a neat cloche display!!! You put a lot of work into this table, and it shows. I hope you and your family enjoy a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary~~~~

    I couldn't find your email address but I wanted to tell you that I found the candle holders at Wisteria.com. Look under clearance!

    Have a great weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything looks so nice -all your family will feel so welcome at your home

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your table is lovely and shows how much you care about your family to set such a beautiful table! I hope you have a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so invitng and pretty!!
    Happy Thanksgiving :))

    Blessing to you,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your table! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your take on easy going formal...just perfect for making your guests feel totally at home. Everything is beautiful...especially love the Franciscan Ivy and the green goblets. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Mary. I like how you mixed casual and elegant. Funny... I just posted a mixed 'scape as well. Stop by if you need a break from decorating with all of your fun new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!