Thursday, November 11, 2010

Acorns Everywhere!

OMG!  I have acorns y'all and they were everywhere!  I don't know how I have missed this before but I surely have.  Until today, I actually believed I did not have any acorns in my yard.   I also have very large walnuts and shells and these round thorny pine balls everywhere, that I've collected for years.   But acorns,  I never thought so! 


They were all just laying here in this grass.

Right at the foot of these steps up to the back deck.  Please ignore my hose strewn out all over the yard, I do.  LOL!  So, I pulled out a basket to start my collection.


Just look at what I collected in a matter of minutes.

I am so excited!  I was just looking at a box of beautiful faux acorns at Kohls the other day.  They were on clearance for $5.99 but I didn't get them because I had already been spending quite a bit that day.  I have had acorn envy for quite some time y'all.  Seriously!  Every time I have seen your beautiful acorns I have wanted some and I thought I was just going to have to buy some.

They were all around this tree, I'm guessing they came from here?  How have I missed this all these years?

Maybe because they are hiding amongst all the leaves.  IDK!

I guess this year some where harder to miss because of their size.  I have quite a few whoppers!  Look at the small acorns on the right and the left, these are normal sized acorns.  Now look at my big daddies!  Pretty sweet huh?

After collecting quite a stash in my basket, I took them all inside.

And gave them a nice warm bubble bath!  I just love these baby's!

Aren't they just the best looking acorns you have ever seen?  I am just beaming!  Now here's your part.  For Inspiration Friday, you get to offer up what I can do with my new collection.  Please share your ideas and any previous post links showing what you have done with all your acorns.  I love being Inspired by you, so please go ahead, inspire me!

Thanks for your visit!  Hope you have a great weekend!  I'm off to the Craftsmans Christmas Classic this weekend with a girlfriend.  It's a great way to kick off the holiday shopping season.  Wish me luck! 
Mary


10 comments:

  1. Great collection, Mary. Wow, you are so excited! I put mine in my candle holders around a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really do have a few. I don't have any so I don't have any suggestions, but I do agree, I've seen them all over blogland. One thing that I did see was a hurrican with a candle and then all the acorns surrounding it. Looked really cute. Can't wait to see what you do. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' your whoppers! I'll let the great decorators share the ideas, I'm just happy you found them-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA! A new china cabinet AND acorns this Fall... What a lucky gal you are! :-) Not sure if I'll be able to participate in the party, so here are my two favorite "tried and true" ways to use acorns: piled up high in a dish (they're especially beautiful paired with brass) OR "drizzled" throughout a tablescape or vignette. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have acorns out the ying yang!!! I would bring them in, but they are all very little I don't have those monsters like you! You have a great stash! We hear them hitting the house! Our neighbor hates them because they all fall in his pool!!! I love them and wish ours were that size! Those will look great wherever you put them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That one acorn looks like Mickey Mouse! You could glue them to some ribbon or material and make napkin rings out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! It is so amazing how something as simple as an acorn can be so beautiful...especially when they come down like rain! :-) Thanks so much for linking this up to the party Mary! I so appreciate the blessing and encouragement you are to me!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love acorns and those are just beautiful and best, FREE! LOL, you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The squirrels have been crazy with them this year. I haven't noticed them in prior years like I have this year. It is almost like skating in the back yard because the roll under your feet!!! Mine are all apart. Yours seemed to stay together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am oohing & ahhhing. I love any thing related to nature. I would have to put this in a glass cylinder with a candle in the middle. :)
    I've got very tiny ones in a crystal goblet ~ that I leave out year round. Enjoyed looking, had to show my hubby. He calls them "cow acorns". He said he has only seen one tree in his life-time. He is in the timber business.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!