Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Junkin and Shopping

Today while out doing a little Christmas shopping I stopped off at one of our thrift stores and picked up a little holiday decorating there too!

Here's the loot!

This little shelf with towel bar was only $1.75.  Not sure where it's going to go yet but was too cute to leave behind.

This ceramic/stone candle holder was only $1.25 and is going to look great with the glass top I already own.

The berry candle wreath fits over my new ceramic candle base above perfectly.  It was only $1.00 and is in brand new condition with the original tags still on it too.

These two greenery arches are going to look great.  I just love the rose, berries, and ivy mixed in with the greenery and golden arches.  They were only .75 cents each.

I'm hoping this book will also come in handy this season too.  It was also only .75 cents.

Now for my most incredible find at Tuesday Morning.  They were having a 50% off sale of all their clearance items.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this and was floored when it rang up even less then I expected.  It had already been marked down but was supposed to have been marked down again but got missed.  Then it was 50% off of that second markdown. 

I got this brand new vacuum for only $26.74 with tax included in that price.  Can you believe it?  I can't because I've really been needing a new canister vac as mine is nearly on it's last leg or wheels literally.  LOL!

This one is a Shark Euro Pro with Power head.  It's not a brand I would normally buy but I had already been pricing full size canister vacs and they are usually well over $150.00 and up, even for the cheap ones.  This is a 12amp motor so I knew it was a good deal.  It's NOT a small little canister vac, it's full sized.  My old canister is a Hoover 12amp motor and has held up well over 15 years.  I really prefer a canister vacuum on my hardwood floors.

I was so excited, I could hardly wait to get it home and try it out.  It works like a champ!  It has great suction and glides beautifully over my hardwood floors with the hardwood floor attachment.  It works so well, I accidentally sucked up on of the big plastic bags laying here on the floor before I could stop it.  I had to get the hubby to get it out of the hose. Shew! LOL!

I'm sharing my deals with today for Junking Finds Friday!

Off for more Christmas shopping tomorrow at the Carolina Craftsman Classic.  I'll try to be brave enough to take a few photos for ya, but we'll see.  Hope your weekend it great too, mine is off to a wonderful start! 
Thanks for visiting!
Mary

12 comments:

  1. Nice loot and what a buy on the vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some wonderful goodies today! I can't believe what a deal you got on your vaccuum!!!! Yay for you :o)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary you found some really great items out thrifting. I love to find floral items to decorate with. Love the arches with the flowers and berries. Of course that vacuum is amazing and what a price! Score!! Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! You really did hit the jackpot! The most amazing is that vacuum cleaner! Wow, what a steal.
    I'm giggling too because I thought my sister in law's kitties looked little little aliens too! :)
    But don't tell her! ;)
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mary!
    That vacuum was an amazing deal! Love your other finds too. It always feels good to find neat stuff and bargain prices!
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the vacuum, great deal! Lovin' the candle holder too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds and who would ever think we'd get to a point in our lives when items like a vacuume cleaner would make us so happy, lol. I'm with you in loving your treasure hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Mary score on the vacuum..I love to vacuum, I know it's weird. Great Christmas loot too, can't wait to see how you decorate for the holidays! I need some serious inspiration this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds...love the candle holder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoop whoop! That's me doing the happy dance for you! What a deal you got!! It must have been your day. I am hoping my day will be soon. Great finds!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice finds, love that ceramic candle holder. You've inspired me to get the xmas decor out.

    Great deal on the vacuum too! Reminds me to get to our Tuesday Morning, it's been too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good deal on the vacuum! Sharks are great! My friend had the battery run one that she kept in her classroom. It worked like a charm!!! That stone candle holder... if you ever hate it... send it my way! I'll give you $5 for it! You would make money! I just got the Restoration Hardware catalog and it is all the column looking pieces like that! What a find!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!