Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vacation 2009 - Part 1

I am so excited!  Saturday we are going on vacation!  We are headed to the beach and will be gone the whole week!  Woohoo!  I am looking forward to some fun and relaxation amongst the shores of Garden City Beach, South Carolina.  It is south of Myrtle Beach for those of you who aren't familiar with GC.  Everybody knows where Myrtle Beach is right?  We will be pretty much right there but out of the main hub bub!


This is one of our favorite beach's in SC to go too.  We have many favorites right here in SC.  Since our children are at that age where they still want other activities to do at the beach we decided to go here again this year.  They are getting older but are not quite ready for the quite beach's that the Mr. and I enjoy.  We tried that last year and it went well but the boys really wanted to head back to GC this year.  It' never a problem with me because this area is loaded with great shops, outlets, outdoor mega malls and such.  I always feel like I never have enough time though to squeeze in everything I want to do in one week.  LOL!


While I'm gone, I wanted to share with you some photos from our vacation last year.  We went to Wild Dunes on the Isle of Palms, SC.  This beach is a resort area on the Isle of Palms which is just outside of Charleston.  It has beautiful manicured lawns, bike trails and wide open beachs.  A swim club,golf course and a few shops and boardwalk.  It really is a beautiful place.  I was so captivated by the homes in the resort and took lots of photos.  Sit back and enjoy! They are gorgeous, lot's of eye candy here!
















Wait..stop..did you see this photo?  LOL!











Pretty pink!!!

 







Be still my heart!

 


















Well, that should hold you for awhile!  Beautiful isn't it!  I got up everyday while we there and rode my bicycle all over just so I could feast my eyes on all this loveliness!  Wouldn't you?  I've downloaded quite a bit more pictures I'll show you later during the week.  Since I'm on vacation and won't be doing any of my regular posts this is my gift to you.  Keep watch, there's much more coming! 

I'll also be posting a very special post I've prepared for Marty's Cloche party.  Hope you come back for that one too!

I hope you enjoyed my vacation pictures from last year!  Thanks for coming by!
Mary

7 comments:

  1. I would definitely try out Wild Dunes for a change! Looks lovely! We always end up going to the quiet areas around Myrtle Beach. It's so easy to keep the kids entertained! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos and so glad you shared them with us! We have driven through there quickly one year and thought we need to get back there.....never been to that end of SC where you are going. I can't wait to see those pics. We are heading to West Palm Beach can't wait to hit the beaches too! Enjoy your vaca! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee those pictures are stunning. Hope you have an awesome time girlfriend!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time! Those homes are gorgeous!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Wild Dunes lovely??? We have been through there a few times. I love the low country houses. Tom would looooovvve to live in that style. I see a lot of steps! We just got back from Myrtle. My goodness the amount of people there! I bet GC is nice. I think we drove through there to get to Myrtle Beach! Honey, we have a beware of alligators sign in our neighborhood!!! The first time I saw it, I was like... Whoa! They are pretty cute though when they're little! Have a wonderful trip, relax and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Garden city!!!! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a pink house, dosent look anything like the one you posted oh well we can dream

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!