Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Cloche Party!!!

While your reading this I'm probably sitting on a beach somewhere listening to the sounds of waves crashing on the shore!  Yep!  That means I'm on vacation this week! 


Well, I just couldn't go on vacation and miss Marty's Summer Cloche Party.  Especially, since I searched high and low awhile back for a glass cloche dome.  At the time I was looking, it seemed everyone was out, now they are back in the stores again, everywhere!  Isn't that always the way it is?  Any who, I really wanted to participate.  So, I hope you'll join me and several others here @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/ for my first cloche party.



For this party Marty challenged us to use our summer decorations.  My first thoughts were no problem!    However, I really wanted to do something special.  I started thinking about what I love about summer.  Trouble was, everything I thought about I didn't have items small enough to fit in the cloche.  So, I used my creative side and made a few.  I decided the best place to put my summer cloche was on my screened porch because that's another thing I love about summer.  Time spent on the porch!


So, come on out, I left the lemonade and watermelon out for you to enjoy while you check out my cloche, okay? 

Here it is, I hope you enjoy!

Now I'm really not trying to rub it in that I'm not here and at the beach, okay?

This is my theme.  This is what I love about summer!

I decided to use this piece of fabric I had in my box of excess fabrics, as my backdrop since it's very tropical!

I made this sign out of piece wood we had laying around in the garage.  It's pointing the way for you..

to the beach of course! 

And it's a beach with an adirondack chair and umbrella no less!

Yes, I know it's kinda tacky but I really had fun making this adirondak chair.  I used popsicle sticks from a great BIG box I have of them purchased back when the boys were young.  We used to need them for all sorts of projects and stuff.  A glue gun, a drink umbrella, and little craft paint and I was happy!

A strip of yellow fabric made a nice beach towel.  Then I added a little bit of sand and shells to finish it up.


These metal palms are actually attached to a votive base.  Rarely use it but just can't seem to part with it.

I hope you enjoyed your day at the beach with me...


...Ooops!  I mean, visiting my cloche!  I'll see ya when I get home!

Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment if you do!
Hearing from you is what makes these parties fun!
Mary

28 comments:

  1. Oh Mary....I'm in ♥ with your BIG cloche!! I want one!!!
    You did a great job of making things to fit & I adore your location on that screened in porch. Sometimes I wish we'd done that instead of the gazebo.
    The bakers rack out there is wonderful looking, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Mary! And I love your iron piece on the wall...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I can feel the sand between my toes now! Happy Vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cloche vignette!

    Happy vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Mary that took a good imagination and creativity to come up with that. How cute making a chair out of popsicle sticks and the cutest tiniest of towels. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Mary you did good! It is pretty, beachy and BIG. Enjoy that Beach! ♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just the best, Mary, because you made it yourself. I really thought the adirondack chair was store bought!! How creative you are! And for making the beach sign! Love it!

    I have a really hard time finding cloches. I am just a bystander at this party! lol! I hope you enjoy your time on vacation! I need one soon!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you just the cutest thing or what?! What a darling idea! I love the whole setup!

    I hope you are having a wonderful vacation! Enjoy the sand and surf!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute,a little vacation under glass!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary! Oh, I love your little beach scene under your cloche! Your porch looks so inviting and I hope you're having a wonderful vacation.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking at all your decor, someone might think you're at the beach! I was going to ask if you made the adirondack chair. I have a whole tin filled with popsicle sticks and should try one of these. Great vignette, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so good and I just love your porch!!!! Hey girl! When you get a chance if you don't mind can you tell me where your staying at, at the beach? and if you like which is probably a BIG yes!

    Thanks girl! Have fun!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I darn near fell over when I saw that beach cloche...and to put it mildly, I am


    SPEECHLESS! Just too darned cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I'd love to be on that beach with you! I just love your beachy themed porch. It's so cute and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and I love that little chair what a great idea. Have fun in the sun. Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  16. That chair is the cutest Thing! Your post is beautiful ... great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is just ingenius. Love your little chair and what a fabulous idea. The little beach scene is just perfect right down to the umbrella, towel, shells and sand. So creative. I love your vignette. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh..I am in love with everything on this page, including your blog design! I too, love all things nautical, even though circumstances have kept me landlocked in a suburban cul de sac! Thank goodness, there are lovely sites like yours to let me dream of the sea...

    You cloche presentation is gorgeous and I have so enjoyed visiting with you...

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE it! I do the beach theme too, being in coastal Florida, so naturally I had to check you out from the Cloche Party. Pop by my place sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I would love to be able to shrink to fit under that fabulous cloche, sit back, sip lemonade and relax. What a great job you did and just perfect for the porch. Char

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was fabulous!!! I love the chair. I want to make one now. Hope you are having fun at the beach. Don't get sunburned.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary,
    What a cute cloche display...Love your little popsicle chair...How cute is that? Perfect for the summer. Thanks for sharing. Have tons of fun at the beach.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  23. This so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now THAT is a fabulously creative cloche!!!! You are good! Hope you are having a great time on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute- love the adirondak chair... it IS NOT tacky... it is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have fun at the beach, you lucky, ducky girl!
    Your cloche is just adorable! I love how creatively you put this together, great job!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now you know I love anything beachy and your cloche is both beacy and adorable. You are so creative and clever, I couldn't believe it when I read you made that chair.

    While I do love your cloche, I love the fact that your at the beach even more. Have a fabulous time, like there's any doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's ADORABLE!! Love the popsicle stick chair!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!