Monday, July 5, 2010

Hobby Lobby Bargains!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!  I certainly did!  We had perfect weather here too.  The lake was quite choppy for motoring on Saturday but fun all the same and Sunday was custom made for a beautiful afternoon of sailing simply!  I loved it!


Last week while preparing for the holidays I did quite a bit of running around.  Our Hobby Lobby is a bit of a drive for me so I don't get out that way often.  But, since I was out that way already I had to stop in.  Boy am I glad I did!  I felt like I hit a yard sale.  I have been wanting to share these finds with yall so bad!   Now, I just couldn't break the rules on Debbiedo's Garage Salen Party since this is all retail.  Luckily for all of us there is Linda's party @ http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.  If you enjoy the deals I'm about to show you be sure and check out more thrifty finds at the link above.

Hobby Lobby was having an 80% off clearance sale!  What great timing for me to stop in, I was so thrilled !  If you haven't been by your local Hobby Lobby lately, now is a great time to go!  Let's take a look at my finds....

These cute little acrylic bird napkin rings were what got me started.  I just could not leave them behind at $1.02 for a set of four.

Nor could I leave the butterfly acrylic napkin rings in the store when they were only $1.36 for  a set of four. A girls gotta have cute napkin rings when she table scapes you know!

Then I saw this wire cloche and was trying to make my way to it but there were two ladies standing in front who were talking and I had to wait for them to move.  They were talking about how many good deals they were finding and what they were getting.  I was praying they wouldn't spot this!  Luckily, they moved on and I snatched it right up.  It was originally $14.99 now only $3.00.  I'm not crazy about the way the cross looks on the top and would rather have some sort of knob.   I'm hoping I'll come across something that I can switch out easily enough some day since this screws right in to the top!  I love it!

Next, I spotted this wooden tray.  I adore the way it looks right now, but it would be so easy to spruce up even more if I want too.  It was only $2.00!

I especially love the handles on this tray!  Fantastic!

Now, this sweet little chicken wire basket was just the right find for me at $1.70.  There were 2 large chicken wire baskets exactly like this for $6.00 each and a larger round one similar to this but with General Store on it for $6.00 also.  I really wanted that one but was trying to be really thrifty so I passed on it.  I am going to the beach next week, and want to save my spending cash for that!

This sweet little ceramic creamer makes rooster #4 for me now, and was only $1.00.

This little black tin watering can was only .50cents.  It will be cute for a small flower arrangement.

My final item was this pretty ceramic wall decor for only $2.04.  It has some slight coloring worn off some of the edges but no major chips or anything.  I sure can touch up this with some darker glaze paint easy enough!  The lighter spots you see on the bottom is not what I am talking about.  That is the reflection from the camera and my counter top.  You can barely see the areas I need to touch up in this photo!  Look closely on the top edges of the piece and you might see some areas.  It was regularly priced at $19.99.   I even remembered seeing it before at regular cost and really liking it, but didn't buy it.  Whew!

My total cost spent was only $13.50, tax included!  Now that was a bargain and you know it!
I love days like this, don't you?

Let me know what you think, and if you've been to Hobby Lobby lately too.  I'd love to hear all about any great deals you found there as well.  It's such a cool store when I get to make the trip.

And don't forget to check out all the other great deals for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday!

12 comments:

  1. Yes it sure was!~ I am heading over there this week, and see what's doing in my neck of the woods! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love shopping at Hobby Lobby! I hardly ever leave there without something! I could and do spend hours in there, as there is so much to see! You got some really fantastic buys I'd say!!
    Can't beat all that for thirteen dollars and some change, that's for sure!

    Have a great day!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Hobby Lobby this week for the 80% off and didn't find nearly as many goodies as YOU did! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finds! I love that wire cloche! I'd like the cross part off as well ~ too bad you can't cut that somehow and leave the fleur. I think Michaels is having their clearance sale going on and I have a coupon that can be used on top of the clearance price. We don't have Hobby Lobby here {I order online from them}, so I won't be seeing deals like yours, but sometimes Michaels surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I just got back from Hob Lob and got some great deals too. Tho not as fine of ones as you did. Can you believe Christmas stuff has already pushed out garden things!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, you did score some great deals there!
    I love them all and especially those napkin rings and that cute rooster cup!
    I was at Hobby Lobby on Saturday and scored some great deals myself! Don't ya just love the 80% off, it's the best!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You surely did get a bargain. 13 bucks for all that....can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you got some really great items!! What a lucky day for you! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute stuff! I hit Hobby Lobby this weekend too, only I walked out with less than you did! I did get a darling jute basket that I posted about. May have to check the one in the next town over, I'd love some of those napkin rings, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing finds! I love Hobby Lobby, especially when they put things on 80% off! I was there last week and picked up a wire cloche too! It's a little bigger with a tray. It wasn't as good a deal as you've shown but was still marked way down. Thanks for sharing your treasures!
    Sharlotte
    Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! We are going to get our first Hobby Lobby in Orland this fall....I can't wait until it opens, hope all of this will still be on sale!!! ha!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loove the watering can and the tray! They're so pretty! Too bad there isn't a hobby lobby in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!