Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Celebrating Tablescape Thursday's 100th Anniversary

Last week while on vacation and the week before I left, I scored a few deals that I just couldn't walk away from!  Lucky for me, I did so just in time to be able to participate in the 100th Anniversary of Tablescape Thursday @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/.  Be sure and visit this link for more beautiful tablescapes as I'm sure this weeks party will be one you won't want to miss.


I heard through the blogvine, that our settings were to be outdoors, and I'm thrilled to have gotten a new table for my deck just in time!  If you follow my blog you may remember my old table blew over and crashed.  It had a glass top and I said I wasn't going to have another glass top again!  Well, never say never!  I found a new glass top table at Target on clearance and just could not pass up this deal!  I am convinced this one is much more sturdier than our old one was, even the Mr. agrees.  At $30.00 I am willing to take the chance!  I walked into Target the very day they had put most of their summer furniture on clearance.  I wasn't there early in the morning and so much was already gone, but there were still a few tables left so I snatched one up too!  Now I would prefer to have a totally different style altogether but let's be real here, I have one son in college, one soon to be on the way and NO job!  Everything I really want is over $800.00 and it is just not in the cards right now.





  However, I have always lived and believed there is no reason one cannot live happily within their budget.  It only takes a little creativity!  This is where the real creativity comes in now, stay with me here okay?   I also lost my big blue umbrella in that storm..now that was really disheartening!  Do you remember it was actually a BIG beach umbrella that I had also gotten a great deal on years ago?  Of course you do, well, I've done it again!  I got another deal on a beach umbrella from Sam's again while we were at the beach.  It was only $18.99!  It's heavy duty like the old one, but, OH! so colorful this year!   I am still keeping my eyes open for a great deal on a real patio umbrella but meanwhile I am enjoying my deck again at my new table.  Boy, is it extremely hot out here still, and this beauty is such a blessing right now! 


Okay, now that you are over the initial shock of my outdoor choices let's move on. It's time for a little outdoor dining! I set the table for two this evening, as it is quite a bit lately! That's what happens when the kids get older. Even the one that still lives with you dines out much more in the summer time. No problem, I can adjust and so does the patio! Let's take a look!








For this setting I mixed several of my old outdoor pieces with some of my new pieces!






I found these wonderful votives at Old Time Pottery at the beach!

This is isn't the only color I got in these but you'll have to wait to see the others.

These butterfly napkin rings were a clearance deal from Hobby Lobby!


Check out the reflection from my umbrella in the flatware.  Wow!

 Hmm..wonder if they make tye-died flatware?

Better Homes & Garden plate from Walmart


Palm glasses from Tomlinson's Warehouse purchased years ago!




 Also bought the two Palm trays at the same time from Tomlinson's Warehouse.  I love that store!



Since it's just the two of us I thought it would be nice to set up for a little wine and cheese too!


I bought this shutter box from Ole Time Pottery at the beach this year too.  It is going to be great finding all the uses for this piece.  I really like the way I'm using it tonight though!

Wine glasses from TJ Maxx

Sweet duck basket and tray from Hobby Lobby clearance sale.

Looks like the sun is setting now, time to light the candles.




Wow!  That really set's the mood!  It's the blue hour!



If you'll excuse me now, I'd better get started, it's getting late!


Thanks for coming by!  I do hope you enjoyed my setting and will come again, Okay?

Happy Anniversary Tablescape Thursday!

Leave me a comment if you stop by!  Now, go out there and beat the heat and dine in style!
Mary

38 comments:

  1. Mary. I love your outdoor setting and I was going to say something about the reflection of the umbrella in your flatware and then you mentioned it. That looks cool. I love your big colorful umbrella. I truly need one on our hot deck right now. Love those votives, too. Can't wait to see what other colors you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burnell is one lucky guy. LT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is totally delightful. I love your new table and I think it is perfect. What a great price. Your tablesetting is awesome. It looks so tropical and inviting. Beautiful colors. Having an area to set up for drinks is wonderful too. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and you got so many things at a bargain price! I definitely have to work on sharpening my bargain hunting skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the votives and looks beautiful at night! Love the shutter box too!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat is that...and I love that picture of the reflection! I like how you mix your dishes and glasses...you did that before and I think you do a nice job:)! Great table to Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you kept it real! You really cracked me up too! I'm still looking for a table myself. Yours looked really pretty and I loved your plates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,
    This looks fun. That shutter box is so cute. I found an little blue one something like it at Carolina Pottery. No shutters though but it sort of has a rusty crab cage look to it. I never thought about puttig a bottle in it! I want some of those candle holders. Love the green.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. The reflection in your flatware is so cool!!! I think that umbrella is totally a happy thing and your table looks awesome as usual! Love the night time shots! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that thrifty table - so cute! Also, the setting is lovely - so inviting! Beautiful pics, especially in the evening. Thanks for your sweet comments on my story! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got lots of great deals and I love them all. Everything is so pretty. You did a great job. Love the colorful umbrella and your cheese table is just so perfect. I like the garden statue too. It's lovely!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet - looks like you had a very good time setting the whole thing up. What fun! I love to do the same thing for my bf and I, in fact he invited me on a Friday night date at our house tomorrow.... hmmmm what will I come up with to surprise him?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the colors on your new umbrella and the way they reflect in the flatware. Too cool! Your tropical table setting offers a cooling breeze on this warm summer evening. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great and super deals, I love your new table and umbrella, very cheerful-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun to find all of those super deals! Your table and umbrella are all so festive. They make me want to linger long, and I love those plates. How cute!

    Happy Tablescape Thursday!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo, lots of new pretties to enjoy! I think you really scored a bargain on your pretty table. Believe me, the kids will graduate & get their own apartments & want to borrow EVERYTHING you own. You can hand it off & get exactly what you have in mind then. :-)

    The palm tree motif would have gone great with MY table this week, as would those pretty votives. We don't have OTP around here. :-(

    How fun that we BOTH captured the ceilings in our spoons. You've got to come see mine, too. LOL FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new outdoor table and umbrella! What a deal! I love those votives. What a great reflection in the flatware. Usually I just seem to capture me in mine and I would rather not!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think I could have passed that table up and the umbrella is perfect. You are a savvy shopper! I adore the napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So inviting. I felt drawn to sit down and imagine joining you in what I am sure would be an interesting conversation. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your great finds for your deck. The colors of the umbrella look wonderful against your lovely yard. You've set a charming table for whiling away a summer evening. I really like the green votives, and I'm going to hunt for some. Thank you for sharing your design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your table is so inviting. I love the glasses and the Walmart plates. I have seen those to and thought they were so pretty and summery. I adore those buttefly napkin rings to. The nightime pics are great!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so lovely! I'm a new follower...found you through Shellbelle's Tiki Hut blog. I'll be back often...have a beachy day!

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    'Celebrating the Coastal Lifestyle'
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy 100th week of TT to you! I can't believe the deals you got on your table and the umbrella! You set a lovely table for two with your new purchases. Love the BH&G plate pattern - I've seen it in bedding which I keep thinking I should get! Great little candle lanterns too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mary,
    I love your new table and the whole deck is just a delight. I would love to have an outdoor sideboard like yours. Your outdoor setting is so summerly and the reflection of the umbrella in the flatware looks so colorful as it was designed by Hundertwasser. The dishes are all very pretty and summerly. Thank you for sharing this.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your colorful umbrella reflection in your flatware! Very festive setting~ enjoy that shade :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mary, I have 2 in college too, so I know all about bargain hunting! You certainly did a good job! The umbrella is so happy looking! And I like those Walmart dishes! I'll have to make a trip there! Stay cool! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love getting a great deal! The beach umbrella is a fantastic idea!-Especially at that price! Love your festive, intimate setting - so looking forward to cooler days and nights - just love seeing outdoor dining settings!
    God Bless!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love you table. Also love the bargains you got. Looks like a nice party for two!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great "voice" your writing has! You had me giggling when you wrote, "...now that you're over the initial shock..."! Your new table and umbrella look great, and your tropical-themed table is SO inviting! I know you and your husband will enjoy many more meals for two there! We love our empty nest!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your bargains are great.. I love that umbrella! Your table is very inviting and the choices you made made it come together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your umbrella...it looks like a big beach ball, and I love the beach! Everything looks so fresh and pretty...and wouldn't it be wonderful to have flatware that really was those colors!!

    Your blue hour photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great setting...love those dinner plates. The reflection of the umbrella is an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your bright and cheerful umbrella -- looks like a party all by itself! What great finds to have to set your table. Looks like a happy table for cheerful dining.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your outdoor setting, is so inviting!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm a huge fan of outdoor dining and I just love your beautiful outdoor tablescape! My favorites are the umbrella and that new table...hope you have a FUN weekend and enjoy many nights dining out there!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful outdoor setting! Love the umbrella too! It's been so hot here, we have been eating out really late at night because that's when it cools off. Thanks for stopping by:-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mary, you are sooo cute! I loved your descriptions and story of how you found your new table and umbrella! I feel your pain about one in college. My son has 1 more year to go and then my budget will say...ahhhh! ;)
    Your tablescape is darling and I love your shutter box! I'm seeing candles in there, too...oh, the things you can do with that cute box! Loved your blue hour pics...I could really see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such fun dining outdoors!Great table!

    I host a weekly meme called "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU! It's neat to see everyone's different take on summer. Hope you'll come and join the fun!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!