Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Southern Living Dream Home

Three of my favorite magazines all came in the mail this week!  Unfortunately, I was just too busy to actually sit down and enjoy them until today!  I absolutely love a lazy weekend morning with coffee and my magazines!  Yes, this means I'm not out Garage Salen this weekend.  I just wanted to relax this morning, and show you my favorite way to unwind with a few of my favorite things.


Now, I love me some coffee and bagels in the mornings!  Add in some wonderful eye candy and I am off to a great day!  Did you notice, I'm using the tray I got from GW?  I love that it actually sits on top of  the stand and can be used separately.  That was what sold me on them from the start, and of course that $3.50 price tag.  Get comfortable now, there is a lot of eye candy in this post for you!



I still haven't made it through all three but I wanted to show you some photos from the August 2010 Southern Living edition.  One of the feature articles is about two design homes, Abercorn Place in Senoia, Georgia and Bayou Bend in Covington, Louisiana.  When I first saw the outside photos of both of these homes I just knew the Louisiana home would be my favorite.  Surprise, surprise, it wasn't!  The Georgia home was actually the one I fell in love with!  I guess I didn't think I'd like it because it is a row home, which looks like a town home to me. 


Courtesy of Southern Living

Let's take a look inside, the very large multi-level home.   I mostly fell in love with the decor used in this home, but I also love all the extra areas throughout this home for cozy living.


Courtesy of Southern Living

The following rooms are all the main floor!  This is a four story building!  I will show you the basement last, so I guess you could say this is the second story.

Courtesy of Southern Living

Of course y'all know I love those green couches!  I like how this living room is set up.  I've set up my living room this way before too!  But, readjusted due to the location of the T.V., that's my reality!  I really love the neutral look of the sisal rug in here! 



Courtesy of Southern Living

Again, I love the neutral rug, and I'm wondering if that is a throw on the table for a tablecloth.


Courtesy of Southern Living

Just look at this wonderful kitchen!  I love how warm and inviting it looks.  It even has it's own keeping room shown below.



Courtesy of Southern Living

I would love to have a keeping room off of my kitchen!  Especially one with a fireplace.
Now let's step outside onto the side porch.


Courtesy of Southern Living

Grab a cup of coffee from this table, you may be here awhile! 




Courtesy of Southern Living



Courtesy of Southern Living

Yep, that awning caught my eye too!  What a great idea!

Courtesy of Southern Living

I love this sweet bird fabric on the landing on the third floor.  This is where the bedrooms are.



Courtesy of Southern Living

This is the master bedroom!  Lot's of interesting eye candy in here.  Love that plaid!  Enjoy!



Courtesy of Southern Living

Now on to the fourth floor!  This is where the adults have fun!  I LOVE IT!


Courtesy of Southern Living

There is an entertainment room, loaded with yummy textiles.



Courtesy of Southern Living

And a fantastic bar of course!  Look at all the pottery and basket accents here! 



Courtesy of Southern Living

There is also a meditation room.  I really should have one of these! LOL!


Courtesy of Southern Living

However, this terrace really would have a more effective method of meditation for me.
Let's head all the way down to the basement now..first floor!


Courtesy of Southern Living

These stairs are so cute!  I may have to use this on my basement steps!



Courtesy of Southern Living

I just love this use of space!



Courtesy of Southern Living

There is yet another family room!  This one has a work station with a cork board calender.  How cool is that?



Courtesy of Southern Living

My very favorite areas are these next three photos!  I had no idea you could pack so much enjoyable living into a row house.  Yes, that is a hanging bed there!  Too cool!



Courtesy of Southern Living

A potting bench with a sink too no less!



Courtesy of Southern Living

Don't you just love a classic brick terrace?  I certainly do!
Well, I hope you enjoyed this dream home as much as I did!  No, I'm not getting any payment from Southern Living for featuring this, but I certainly would take one if they want to give me one.  LOL!

A Few of My Favorite Things Saturday
Please be sure and check out lots of other favorites at the link above.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous home. I love their beautiful fabrics and accessories. Their outdoor areas are stunning. Love them. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all three of those magazines, too. I hope to go to the show house in Georgia if it is close enough. Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subscribe to Country Living also. I occasionally buy the others from the magazine stand. I love the house with all it's soft blues and greens. And that cork board calendar is something I want to do in my house! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeee--I just got my Southern Living yesterday and I did glance through it in the bathroom (ha!). The photo I loved the best is the one of the livingroom with the huge picture above the fireplace and the two large windows banked on either side---just love that and the way the curtains flow. I noticed you have your napkin done the correct way according to the etiquette lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can we ever get any decorating done when we see beautiful rooms like these. Sometimes they make me want to start all over! Gorgeous.
    Your bagles look GOOD. And I love that tray you found.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures make me drool...pure eye candy! I will keep you posted as to the blog book...someone sent me a link so I have to check it out...it can be done you just have your blog printed in hard or soft copy...I will get two for both the boys...not that they care about the decorating party but someday perhaps their wives will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything! So pretty! Are they in this month's magazine? I have not read it, I threw it in my hand carry to read in the plane. Thanks for the preview.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a really fun tour! I used to get Southern Living and I think I should look into getting it again. I would never guess you could have that much room in a row house like that. Very Cool decor,thanks for sharing too.
    Have a nice Sunday,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never buy that magazine but now maybe I will!!! Love the beautiful rooms and I too thought the bird fabric was gorgeous!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I saw this house and fell in love with it too. I could move right in without changing anything (if I had enough money!!) I loved seeing these photos again (made me want to go back to the magazine for another look), and your little breakfast tray and chair and ottomon look like the perfect place to enjoy your magazines. Thank you so much for linking this to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to dedicate time to sit and browse through my magazines. Maybe they can influence me to create even one room looking presentable to friends and family.
    I do love the look of the corkboard calendar and the key tag dates. That is something I can recreate, maybe on a slightly smaller scale.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of inspiration. I had only glanced at the last couple issues of the magazines I subscribed to, and my daughter took them home with her last weekend, so missed that.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazingly beautiful home! I love it.

    I noticed you have Country Living in the stack. I thought something was different about this issue. It's a bit larger.

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - what gorgeous rooms! A couple of things that caught my eye were....the natural fiber rugs - love 'em, and the painted rug down the basement stairs. That is so fun! Lots of great ideas - beautiful fabrics - where do they find them????? Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. They shop Ballard Design. I notice a lot of their accessories here. Gorgeous photos! Always love their design houses.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!