Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Our Lake House

It's Outdoor Wednesday and as promised, I have decided to share our " Lake House" with you.  I am linking up with Susan @ http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ for this event.  Please enjoy the other outdoor photos on her site as well.  This is where we reside outdoors as often as possible, come spring through fall.



LOL! I bet you thought you were going to see a beautiful house on the lake right?  Sorry to dissappoint, but this really is our lake house.  Maybe, one day we will blessed with a home on these beautiful lake shores but with one child in college and one not far behind, this is as close as it gets.
Here she is...  The Viking IV.  She is a 27ft. Ericson.   Yes, that is the name she came to us with and we have been contemplating changing it but may rethink that one after this past weekend.  We were literally spotted this weekend by a very savvy young couple in their rather large jetboat who just had to come over and compliment us on our old boat.  To our surprise they remembered her from a previous owner and went on and on about just how much they loved this boat.  Now we are on a VERY large lake,  and to have someone go out of their way to come over and pay a compliment to a stranger is a very unusal thing.  So naturally we were gushing with pride and seriously rethinking the name change.
Would you like to come inside for a visit?  Great let me just open her up.  It's really no problem!
You see she lives on the docks at our sailing club that is less then 3minutes from my house by car.  I can ride my bike here or walk it's really that close.


Speaking of, here are a few veiws of the lake side of the club house.
It's going to be painted soon and will make another great post someday.

Ok, let's take a look inside.  Please remember she is an old boat and while she has gone through some renovations, she still has a way to go.

This is the first view you see when stepping down into the salon.  We added the large mirror and clock on the wall.  It's very helpful when applying suntan lotion.  I found the mirror at a consignment store and it was the perfect size and price but has a faux brass inset trim.  I'm hoping to do a creative paint job over the edge of that maybe painting a rope and anchors?  Above the cooler are two metal clips to attach a table.  We leave it off during the spring and summer so we can move about the cabin easily.


In this photo you can see a bit of the V birth up front.  You could actually sleep in there if you don't sit up and bump your head in the morning...we use it for storage for everything from sails to foam noodles.



Just behind this wall is a bathroom, I will spare you photos of that as it needs to be cleaned after we have been doing repairs on it.  But I will say my husband has done a great job and we changed out the countertop in there and added solid surface using our old kitchen counter.  But that's another post.

The previous owner had the salon cushions recovered in this teal fabric.  I hope to redo all the cushions one day but am working with it for now.  I do like how cheery it is and was thrilled when I found this pillow at Ross for $7.00.  I also added the Nautica pillow, and small navy pillow from our previous boat.  The striped pillow are foam pillows that I covered in indoor/outdoor fabric.  We carry these out to cockpit quite a bit.  It makes it much more cozy.

This is from the V birth looking out.  We have a kitchenette, that comes in quite handy.
It's a nice space to store all my this and that's!  I'm always looking for cute little nautical handtowels, and was thrilled to find this one w/so much color!

Oh look, the sails are up!  Let's go for a cruise and see how the weather fairs.

Hey there's one of our club members just ahead.  Looks like it's going to be a great sailing day!

And there's another further back there behind us.



And a few more friends much further out!

What's those streaks in the water?


Oh Yuck!  It's pollen, boatloads of pollen!


It certainly has been fun but looks like the sun is setting, time to head back in.


There's the club just over there...

And yeah, that's one of our neighbors homes, pretty sweet huh?


And we're almost back home, there's the clubhouse.

And there's our slip, time to tuck her in...it really was a gorgeous day!

So how did you like it, did you have a good time?
I hope so, thanks for joining me!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the voyage on you great boat!!! These are wonderful photos, except for the nasty pollen stuff...eeewww, didn't realize that is could be in the water like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time! I was actually wishing I could be on it with ya!~ We have a small boat just fits a about 8 comfortable, but we love it!~ You have a really neat boat! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!!! As an Iowan, sailing is something that I only seen on movies. :) Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart be still. We have always said we would love to have a boat and now I am just drooling! So beautiful! You are a lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's beautiful! My husband had a sailboat at one time, but nowhere for him to sail in our little hometown. He loved it. I am hoping one day that he can have one,again :)
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog!! I love your boat. The pictures are so beautiful.Happy sailing....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to have a boat!!! Beautiful photos too!! I love the water but we don't get there often enough! Thanks for stopping by:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY loved the boat ride~ I am stuck in the house after a treatment for skin cancer. So, you let me take a ride without the sun!
    it doesn't get much better than that :-)

    That is a Friday's Favorite! come link up at our linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, lucky you! We used to live in SC, but my girls are still there, in Charleston..going to Dental school. My oldest daughter has a friend with a sail boat and she absolutely has fallen in love with sailing! Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dare not show this to my husband unless you rent rooms. . . um, berths. He would LOVE this.

    Just looked at your Capture the Flag post and now must search to see if you mention where you found the fabric. I don't have a sailboat, but I have five grandsons who love pirates.

    Love your pictures... and your boat home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it looks amazing. Lovely boat and lovely spot. Check out my sailing posts in my blog - they should be in the labels column - for some of our adventures and pictures. My partner has a Contessa 32 which is an old boat too and quite a classic. I'm trying to bring some style to it, as my other passion, like yours, is interior design, but he likes it fairly spartan.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!