Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Coastal Mantle

Wow!  Two posts for me in one day!  Well, I started looking through some of my favorite blogs and decided I just had to share this today too with Marty @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/  for Tabletop Tuesday.
 

Last week I went coastal on my coffee table and that led to this, my mantle vignette.

This is a closeup of my finished coastal mantle.

I started with the candlesticks which are always on the mantle, usually solo.

This candle stick is usually on my mantle with the little angel as well.
She is a Willow Tree,  a very special item that I was able to get signed by the artist, Susan Lordi, at the Atlanta Buyers Market in 2008, when I worked at my former job.

Then I pulled out this fabulous candle in glass with shells and sand.  My best friend made this for me a few years ago with shells she has collected from her many trips to the beach.

Then I added my shells that my family has collected over the years from trips to the beach.

This large conch is one of my favorites.

The shells are mixed with bits of manmade bricks that regularly wash up on the shores of Edisto Beach from a nearby Island where former slaves had moved after gaining their freedom.  It was there they made their own bricks by hand, they are often mixed w/shells.  Very unique. 
I think I also have a mix of sometype of Ironstone made in the early days of Charleston life.

I also wanted to give you a closeup pic of my sconces on either side of the mirror
And a closeup of the scroll on top of the mirror.  I painted this years ago by hand after finding the frame in a trash bin at an antique store for which they let me have it for free, then I had the mirror installed.


And another final look at the finished vignette...

It's a simple and airy look that I love for my mantle and I am really enjoying how it compliments my coffee table vignette too!  And it didn't cost a dime as I already owned everything.  Great huh?

I'm also going to try to link up again with linda @ http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
for nifty thrifty tuesdays.  Hope it works this time.
Have a great day Everyone, thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Love the mantel! I love willow tree. My favorite nativity scene is a willow tree one and when my dad passed two close friends gave me two willow tree. One was rememberance and the other prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look!! Love the little angel touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it really is beautiful. I love all the shells and the candles just complete the beautiful vignette. Your mirror is beautiful. The frame is such a wonderful find and you painted it beautifully. Beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! How lucky to have the willow angel signed...everything just flows so nicely, and I assume this is the same room as the coffee table? Very pretty, you have a great collections of shells too!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice mantel but I really really love the yellow room. It's so sunny and elegant. -- Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mantle and everything looks so fresh and pretty. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. nannykim/spindlecottage4/14/10, 1:17 PM

    I love shells!! I love all of their shades and textures. I like what you have done and I love your room color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Love all the seashell and those bricks are too cool!
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!