Sunday, April 18, 2010

Faith Reminders

Today I am thinking of how thankful I am for God's little reminders of faith.   I am talking about those things that take you back to a memory of what your faith is grounded in.  I am a Christian, and I believe my faith has been maturing for some time ever since I was a child.  I truly believe my faith started as a child at my baptism.  Trust me though, when I say it has been through some very questionable times. You see,  I was quite a questioner and always have been. That is how God made me and I rest happily in this knowledge as an adult.  Some of us really are just wired that way!  I think being that way has steered me into a deeper faith.  There are many things in this world that can make you question your faith and everyone else's around you for that matter, IF you continue to let it.   Now honestly, it really wasn't until I put my faith in God's word in particular that I began to rest a little easier with my faith.  The word in particular that I am referring to is The Bible.


I keep one of mine here beside my favorite chair and ottoman in the den.  I do so because it's convienient and handy when I want to reflect back on something like remembering a special verse or read certain passages.  I am the most thankful of all for this " faith reminder ".




There are other reminders I am also thankful for that come from my memories. 
Those memories that come from family, like grandparents who always shared their faith, or the blessing of a newborn baby into a family.  There are memories that come from attending church or serving God in a non-profit enviroment.   There are memories from the Holidays when we focus on what we are celebrating as Christians.   These are the more obvious faith reminders that we can hold on to and reflect on gratefully.

 Then there are those moments when something you SEE reminds you of your faith.  That is what I am thinking of today as I reflect on this past week.  I shared in an earlier post a vision in the clouds that looked like Jesus to me.
 

This reminded me of the bible scripture: Mark 14:62

Then there was the tree frog on our kitchen french doors AGAIN that I did not get a picture of. He looked alot like this one though, that lived in my fountain last summer.




This reminds me of the scripture about the plague of Frogs; Exodus 8: 2-14
 
And there was this beautiful sight, that I came upon last Tuesday when I attempted to water my ferns.


And because we still have newborn birds arriving around our house, I was reminded of this verse.

From Matthew 6:26.   
 These are all wonderful visual reminders that I am so grateful for!  I was also reminded  that I don't have any visual " faith reminders" on my blog.
On my FB page I have a Daily Bible Verse that comes up automatically.  I haven't figured out how to add something like that on here yet, but I did see a similiar tag above on another friends blog and knew I should have one on my page, so I have added both of these to my side bar.  I haven't located a visual for my favorite scripture yet but I have always like these two and so have happily added them.  This is the second one that I am adding for two reasons.


One to be a visual " faith reminder " for me!  And Two, to literally follow the word !  I am a Christian women but how would you have ever known if I did not put it out there for you to "SEE".  There are many ways to show your faith to others for sure.  I am not one to talk about my faith often to others, as I tend to hope others will see my faith by my actions.  Unfortunately, actions cannot always be determined accurately on the internet so sometimes you just have to step out there and let your light shine!

How about you, have you seen any faith reminders lately?   If you have I'd love to hear about them.
Have a Blessed Sunday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!