Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Foyer Vignette Update

Hi!  Yes, I am a little obsessed with perfecting this space.  Sometimes a picture is what you need to see balance a little better.  I kept thinking I love those Hydrangeas there, but they really need to be a bit bigger.  Well, while I'm contemplating getting a larger Hydrangea display I did a little swap-a-roo!  I moved my vase of Iris's off the table in den and added a few more.




Wow!  What a difference that makes to me!  I am much more satisfied with this. 
What do you think? Much better, huh?  And don't worry I just moved the smaller hydrangeas here.

  Sorry, Marty!  Not sure if I should be re-entering again today but sometime inspiration hits a little late. 



Also I had a request to see my stairwell stenciling so I've decided to share that today and join another party too.   Of course that would be the Nifty Thrifty party because I did this because I was being thrifty.
My stairway is pretty as it was but has a very simple design.  I love all types of moulding and had considered adding decorative wood trim but didn't want to pay for what I would love to do.  Sometimes, you have to prioritize your projects with your budget.  This just was not high on my spending list.  So I actually stamped these out on the wood with paint to get the look I wanted.

As you can see I am not very picky and didn't worry with getting thick coverage.   I wanted a subtle look so I chose a neutral beige color and stamped away.  I am very happy with the outcome and since I already had the stamp and paint on hand it didn't cost me a dime.

I think it adds just that little bit extra surprise that grabs your attention and makes you smile.  Hope you like the changes and updated blog, man, am I on a roll.  I've been drinking lots of water today from our blog friend Liz's suggestion here @  http://lizssavvyseasons.blogspot.com/ .  I've also added drops of lemon to help rev up the metabolism and it seems to be working.  I am getting so much done today!  Linking up with Marty again, and with Linda today as well at the following;

http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/



Well, gotta go, the screen porch needs cleaning again.  The oak pollen is still high around here and leaving me with another mess.  Have a great day!  Thanks for stopping by AGAIN!  :))

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Thanks for the closeups...I cracked up, you are like me, I always see something wrong in my pictures, that perhaps no one else would......it looks perfect, looked great before. I love the stamp stencil you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy you linked up again. I love the taller vase of flowers too and your vignette is even better. I so know what you mean. I look at something and then take a picture and realize it is not at all right. lol I change things a dozen times. Drives my DH crazy. I also really like the stencil on the staircase. It is beautiful. Thanks again, I love your changes. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love the stencil on the stairs. Some of my stairs have stencils also but on the risers (I believe that is what you call them!).

    The taller flowers look well in the space you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the fresh flowers -- irises are so lovely! And thanks for the detail on your stair stencils -- what a pretty touch they add!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the change -- it all looks so fresh and pretty! Lovely. and the stencil details on the stairs ... sooooo pretty! Beautiful, thanks for sharing!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm lovin' that stencil...it looks sooooo good on your stairs! Happy NTT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obsession takes over when you are blogging, doesn't it? I'm constantly wondering what project I can do and post. One thing is for sure...I get more projects done. :)

    Your vignettes are perfect and I love those stairs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Fellow Dreamers! Blogging is all about sharing. I enjoy reading your comments so please feel free to drop me a comment to let me know your here if you see something you like. Thank you so much!